Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

"
Claustrox wrote:

1) I ma still missing the point of using discipline , the total mana is higher but after reservation is lower then before , so what's the point?

I wonder this too.
Makes no sense really. Lower mana pool AND less mana regen. o.....k.
"
"
Claustrox wrote:

1) I ma still missing the point of using discipline , the total mana is higher but after reservation is lower then before , so what's the point?

I wonder this too.

Eehm its long ago for me. But i guess i wrote that in the time that discipline was still a flat mana reservation instead of a %mana reservation ;)
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
"
"
Claustrox wrote:

I wonder this too.

I don't think this is true, lower mana pool yes but your mana regen is based on your maximum mana before reservation. Discipline increases your max mana through EB so it's a bridge to maintaining arctic armor if you are falling short for some reason.

I used it when leveling until I had enough without, and might still consider it if I wasn't using my 5link infernal mantle. Low mana is a nono for me.
"
Omnicide24 wrote:
"
"
Claustrox wrote:

I wonder this too.

I don't think this is true, lower mana pool yes but your mana regen is based on your maximum mana before reservation. Discipline increases your max mana through EB so it's a bridge to maintaining arctic armor if you are falling short for some reason.

I used it when leveling until I had enough without, and might still consider it if I wasn't using my 5link infernal mantle. Low mana is a nono for me.

I go from 200 mana regen to 240 with Disipline instead of Purity of Lightning, you're right.

But...not an option with Lightning Coil :P
Tempest Shield, Purity of Lightning, Clarity and Herald of Ice leave me with 373 mana unreserved and 200 mana per second.
Some day I'll get a second ring with mana regen. Only one of my rings has it atm.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 14, 2014, 6:07:10 PM
"

But...not an option with Lightning Coil :P
Tempest Shield, Purity of Lightning, Clarity and Herald of Ice leave me with 373 mana unreserved and 200 mana per second.
Some day I'll get a second ring with mana regen. Only one of my rings has it atm.

yeah the difference of 1 ring is insane, getting 55% on it is pretty easy. But for a decent price you can also get up to 65%
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
do power charges work with incinerate that dont seem to do anything for dps?
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
They don't because Incinerate cannot crit, except with Assassin's Mark and Diamond Shrine.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
They don't because Incinerate cannot crit, except with Assassin's Mark and Diamond Shrine.
didn't think so thx
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Hey man, here is what I came up with for the new tree and an update on my gear for people to compare

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wMeBAcEswVbBukHHgelCPQOSA-rEZYUTRZvFr8XLxpsHRQegR9BH8ckqiaVJ2EnqSqNKw0reCycLR8tizY9Nok22DbpOlhFR0bXSRtJUUmyS41Ms099T69RYFVLVcZV1l3GXfJfKmBtYeJirGTnZp5nvWpDaxdsjG0ZbWx-4n_GgFaApIIQgh6DOIPbi4yMNo9GkFWVIJUum6GdgJ2qogCio6mVrJi0xbUEvOrAGsBUwfPLvdsL3fPfit-w4XPjauOE5CLmgevk7FXtIPAf8NXxbPO-9On31_rS_xw=

when i hit level 94 and get rid of the last +30 str node i can get the last 2 life nodes near templar area

Gear
Spoiler

Trying to upgrade my gloves so i can get rid of the last str node as the new tree has alot more dex then the old one and working on new flask upgrades

Still the funnest and strongest build ive played, also strong in PvP (except vs tempest shield max spell block><)

(the purity auras are for situational/levelling use and i will turn off discipline to use them)

Defence Stats
Spoiler
Life: 4253 (missing 2 x 6% nodes still)
Mana:4778 (unreserved 1258)
Mana Regen: 450 exact
Block/Spellblock: 62/75
Evasion: 14%

Offense Stats
Spoiler
Incinerate DPS: 5.9k (lvl 16 HoI) using faster proj instead of faster casting
12.2 casts per sec
15% shock chance
50% inc shock duration

Defensive mechanics
level 21 AA + cloak of defiance = huge damage reduction
Tempest shield has 8% chance to freeze on crit, this can be linked to mana leech on very hard half or no regen maps and turn HoI off for a 1975 unreserved mana buffer. Can also be linked to blind for certain maps/bosses
CwDT + enduring cry + immortal call + inc duration = great physical damage protection, especially against charging or leaping mobs and big boss hits
CwDT + molten shell + frost wall is such a strong defence when mixed with AA high block and MoM, molten shell will leech 1% fire damage which helps alot and also helps vs physical degens while frost wall totally owns any ranged mobs who will completely stop attacking you while you can still hit them, easily the best defensive skill for this build also great for when your getting swarmed by strong melee.
8 life on hit a 12.2 x 3 = 292.8 instant life per sec per mob being hit, then factor in 1% fire damage leeched as life

This is all about reducing burst damage which is what will kill you in this game, I can even slot in a 20% temporal chains or enfeeble into my helm CwDT setup and move AA to my shield

OR you can put curse on hit + whatever curse and link it to tempest shield to make an even stronger defensive option. Added chaos/lightning damage and added cold damage can also be linked to tempest shield and I will still have 1495 mana unreserved which is great for fast hitting monster maps

There are so many possibilities with this build and i am still very thankful to Izno for lighting the way ;)
Last edited by DutchRudder on Oct 5, 2014, 6:55:44 PM
I want to ask is it effective to add also Spell Echo support rune to Incinerate. Way faster casting IMO. Feedback for this pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info