An Introduction to Cut-throat Mode

Excited for some Cut-throat! ^.^

Most of these whiners don't realize that Cut-throat has been promised for years, and players have patiently been waiting for more development on that front. Not every Patch/Update can appease everybody, just keep an open mind, try it out, enjoy it or not, because there will be people who do. No need to ruin their fun..

I'm a little confused about the "no rewards" thing, because all the previous Cut-throats had some mild point rewards, are these ones not going to have any? Or is that mainly because the Season has started yet?

And will these Cut-throat Events push back the start of the new Season? Really looking forward to that. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
I'm more looking forward to longterm cutthroat. Can't really get into leagues if they will only last a few hours or even days.
"
TheLurker wrote:
Cutthroat events benefit early levelers, all others get pwned. And you want to make a month-long league of higher level players simply culling the slower or unlucky folks that are (re-)running Mud Flats?

Yeah, REAL fun, guys. ;)

Learn to read.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
Will be a first for me ... could be fun ...

Just don't gank me too hard out at Blood Moor, I might ragequit.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
I'll try it! :D I cant wait for the sweet QQ's
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Some people have been waiting for this for over 2 years. so when you say something like waste of time remember that is in your own opinion and no one gives a fuck about your opinions. Cut-throat > everything

Pretty sure that's just your opinion....

That is my opinion but how long a lot of us have been waiting for this patiently is fact.
"
Chris wrote:
There's now a level limit on entering areas that contain other players. If you're much higher level than the lowest level player in the area, or much lower level than the highest level player, you can't join. Let us know what you think about the numbers we chose and we can tweak them for subseuqent events.

What is the reasoning behind limiting low level players invading high level players? If i'm 20 and want to go after a level 30, why not?
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
stonespeak wrote:

Did I hit a nerve?
So tell me PRO with a clue... you got any data about the 90% destroyed builds? I'd assume you do since you clearly have the clues to comment. (P.S people playing one build recycled into tiny variants that got nerfed 90% builds)

I'll wait...

Sure You did.
And to be honest, I won´t deny it because I really love(d) PoE.
You see, I´m following it over 3 years now and there were a lot of developement going on.

The game was awesome during the open beta with the ongoing buff for melees (after that "CI-incident") when they introduced Multistrike, Meleesplash, Reave etc. It was well balanced. Especially when life made Melee´s a real consideration. Suddenly after they destroyed the auras they changed Blood Magic and moved it to the worst impossible spot in the tree. Have You tried to play a Ranger with a Bow without BM/Clarity/EB recently? A mechanic by only popping mana-flasks is so ridiculous. It´s just not working and its not fun. To make it even worse they changed the leech mechanics that even with 4-5% leech on your gear etc. it is impossible to profit from it unless you get very decent late game equipment (and deeps). (There are calculations on reddit, if you´re really interested). And this concerns every melee-build as it depends on the leech.
What am I supposed to play till lvl 80 now? Flameblast, Searing Bond, Max (Spell-)Block, Immortal Call, Spectral Throw or any other caster/ranged stuff?
Why do they change everything that is working and is fun and nerfing it into the ground by introducing new skills/mechanics rather then to improve/rebalance them just step by step? I don´t get it. I have the impression that GGG tells me indirectly with their "rebalancing" what I have to play since what I played before is not working anymore (until they might "balance" it again.)
Of course there a lot of people in my list which are fed up with the melee/invasion situation. I will not mention any names but NO ONE is playing melee due to it. Isn´t that enough "proof"?
It´s not my aim to troll around the forums here and tell people how bad I feel now with PoE. As I mentioned I love(d) PoE and thats because I am upset. But I will not argue with the ones who wear rose-coloured glasses.
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Developer wrote:
It's really worthwhile to build up spare sets of gear in the stash
Stash everything - even arbitrary normal and magic items

What he's trying to say: buy moar stash tabs

I don't think you are going to fill up 4 stash tabs.

You start with 0 stash used.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
"
Suddenly after they destroyed the auras

Destroyed auras?.. Auras have never been stronger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info