An Introduction to Cut-throat Mode

"
Developer wrote:
It's really worthwhile to build up spare sets of gear in the stash
Stash everything - even arbitrary normal and magic items

What he's trying to say: buy moar stash tabs
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
So the caster vs attack imbalance continues...

An attack based build is nothing without his gear
Spells have raw damage

So if you Die, you are screwed with a attack build

Guess we'll only see elemental hit and viper strike

Flicker strike is king of cutthroat. It only takes a hit or 2 before your opponent is dead with a decent melee weapon. While on the other hand it takes like a dozen spells. You got the imbalance all wrong.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
So the caster vs attack imbalance continues...

An attack based build is nothing without his gear
Spells have raw damage

So if you Die, you are screwed with a attack build

Guess we'll only see elemental hit and viper strike

Flicker strike is king of cutthroat. It only takes a hit or 2 before your opponent is dead with a decent melee weapon. While on the other hand it takes like a dozen spells. You got the imbalance all wrong.

Well, they will do best they can. But they can not break rest of the game just to balance CutThroat right? :)

It will be fun nonetheless.
"
KarraKurri wrote:
This is so waste of development time... game have so many flaws and bad design decisions and they do something like this.

I hope the 0,1% of playerbase that will enjoy this will buy lot of mtx after to cover the costs of 'developing' this.

I expect usual bullshit about 'we received overhelmingly positive feedback about cutthroat' just like wilson recenlty said on reddit about feedback about SotV. I must say i spit my coffe when i read this.

/meh

BTW. Will there be some king of RNG gating of this events? you know - like in rest of the game?It so fun to gate content behind bad and idiotic RNG. Why not here?
Whats with Path Of Las Vegas?

You are part of the toxic anti-hype population that's always hindering game development/innovation at every turn. Please go away.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
"
Yazariael wrote:
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
KarraKurri wrote:

I expect usual bullshit about 'we received overhelmingly positive feedback about cutthroat' just like wilson recenlty said on reddit about feedback about SotV. I must say i spit my coffe when i read this.

U MAB BRO?
SOTV is awesome; esp corrupted zones, leagues, Vaal Orbs, and even Vaal gems... but you need to know how to use them... so I guess L2P

Jaja, especially the bad leech mechanics, invasion balance which almost destroyes 90% of melee builds, right?

Let me guess, you play ambush or a ranged character? :)

So don´t comment if You not havy any clue.

Did I hit a nerve?
So tell me PRO with a clue... you got any data about the 90% destroyed builds? I'd assume you do since you clearly have the clues to comment. (P.S people playing one build recycled into tiny variants that got nerfed 90% builds)

I'll wait...
SSF since ~OB
"
rflynn74 wrote:
So instead of working on real issues with the game you're worry about cutthroat leagues... errrr... okay??

why do we see this everytime chris makes a post? it really is irritating.

They CONSTRANTLY work on the game for better balance, if you dont see it that means you pare paying attention to other things

on another note

CANT WAIT FOR CUT THROAT! something i might actually try this season....
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?
Some people have been waiting for this for over 2 years. so when you say something like waste of time remember that is in your own opinion and no one gives a fuck about your opinions. Cut-throat > everything
"
GedPoE wrote:
wait a sec, this is going to continue being party races? bye then

" Players may not party up in this event. We are going to experiment with parties-with-friendly-fire in future ones."
"
Some people have been waiting for this for over 2 years. so when you say something like waste of time remember that is in your own opinion and no one gives a fuck about your opinions. Cut-throat > everything

Pretty sure that's just your opinion....
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Can't wait to see how a long term league plays out.
Will it just be a nonstop brawl in the map room or what?
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info