An Introduction to Cut-throat Mode

i really enjoyed this

i was late 1 hour, made a duelist, a bow duelist. all of my items are just white crap,

entered an instance, made sure that somebody was there, there she was a scion, a split arrow scion. i engage she used the mobs & obstacles to block my burning arrow, cleverly evading my attacks, we managed to damage each other to the point of making our lives low, we just continue to slap each other. its been a while and be ran out of potion charges, she suddenly want to run. i smelled blood. she ran, running on S pattern. i hit her ass with a burnng arrow, and rest are spam, trying my luck, she evaded em all. i have no more mana and used a normal attack to hit her knee. there she was laying on the groud, me as the victor. and thats when i realized i was very undergeared
"Yeena thinks she knows the Spirit. That it talks to her. She talks to herself." -Greust <3
Few things I'd like to see:
1) A test race where you can have 1 person in your party , and then a full party race. I know this will receive a lot of hate, but over a longer period of time (such as the 12 hour race) it will allow people to get a better idea of what the league will actually be like. Also having the levels of players narrow down a lot more. You cannot join a players instance if you're not in their bracket, and when selecting your instance see who is in a party so you don't think you're entering a free for all but you end up running into a 6 man party ready to kill you.
2) I'd also like to see cut-throat as a standard league, if I'm going to be building a character that is primarily focused on pvp I'd like to continue to pvp on that character, but if it's a 4 month league that kind of ends at that point.
3) A /ladder command, letting you know who is top level, but also a /kills, letting you know who has killed the most people (of their own level).
"
2) I'd also like to see cut-throat as a standard league, if I'm going to be building a character that is primarily focused on pvp I'd like to continue to pvp on that character, but if it's a 4 month league that kind of ends at that point.

As long as you don't mean to become part of THE standard league, lol. Then yeah it'd be cool to have it as a full league, even if it is a 4-month imo.

But the issue of dropping ALL your gear if you get killed, while tolerable in short duration events, would be far worse than dying in hardcore. At least if you RIP in hardcore, you keep your stuff.

Like quite a few have suggested, if you drop 2-3 pieces of gear randomly selected when you die, I think that'd make running long-form cutthroat a lot more fun. Spending 5-10 ex worth of currency to get good --> great end-game gear and losing it all at once would result in many broken monitors.

I don't know, maybe the risk of losing it all appeals to some and is even a tolerable risk for some players. But, personally, I'd never play a long-term cutthroat league if I was going to drop all my slots at once.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
stopped playing long time ago...

would love a cut-throat league of 1-3 months :)
Dropping your inventory and equiped items is a little harsh...

I would play it if you only dropped your inventory... not your equiped items.

very few will play if you drop your equiped gear on death... especially when you die half the time to de-syncing.
"
It is my dear.
I believe this league is not for the weak.
and yes that is the best to survive, both as monsters for the players.
The best will be the king.
This league is to see who will be the first to reach the top and take the king's crown.
If it were up to me, this would be the most Hardcore of all league.
Simply have to drop everything when you die.
And who die, must go to the standard.
To whoever cakewalk ... Will play on Standard:D
---
I have not slept, waiting 12 hours for the second round of the Cut-throat
Today I will miss work to play. For 20/03 is my Birthday
PoE <- Love It. '-'

Sounds like you need to get a life.
I love the idea of cutthroat, but what killed the fun for me was losing all my gear. I think maybe you should lose a copy of your gear!!! Losing all your gear is frustrating. I was doing good got to level 7 and killed a few people on the way. But once I made a couple of ledge runs, sure enough I found someone to beat me. Now i did manage to put some gear away, but nowhere as good as what I was using. So now I'm weaker and scavenging for levels and gear, and get killed a few more times. Eventually I'm out of gear and have to scavenge for loot. I personally don't want to log out because it defeats the purpose of PVP. But if you loose what little gear you have found it makes it really hard to become competitive again, and more of this blows I'm being farmed and cant do much.
QQ

3 Random pieces should be fine, but you should always drop your weapons period IMho
Invasion - No Sacrifice No Glory

HTTP://WWW.TWITCH.TV/THISISDEUX
So CT is the same as 2 years ago as I mentioned -- fun getting ganked and ganking for awhile, but same old tactics as before - high leveled characters ganking as low as they can go, certain skills just own.

So...

Maybe the player kill part should kick in at Act 2, with a level zone spread no more than 4 levels.

That would give people a place to farm for gear in Act 1, build their character up a bit (or a whole lot if they keep getting ganked), and give people a proper chance -- would alleviate many issues.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Last edited by Psomm on Mar 22, 2014, 7:03:54 PM
was level 6 and managed to get one shot by a lvl 24 that entered my instance.
Not sure how it was possible as there are level restrictions as far as i know.

It's fun to play but:
> most players use glacial hammer to freeze lock you
> Everyone can use "Exit to character menu" to insta logout when in danger
> even on a 12 hour league as it was today 90% of the pvp was on low level

Would love to see a permanent or extended cut-throat league

ign Fire_Fury

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info