An Introduction to Cut-throat Mode

"
Odoakar wrote:
So I played my first CT and I'm kinda dissapointed...

2. I don't know what spare set of gear Chris is talking about because the drop rates don' allow for a spare set of gear. Once you die, it's not that you lose your items, it's that you lose your gems. I died and didn't have any meelee skill left, because 'the spare' set gems didn't drop, and i used up my quest rewards.
3. Lag. Desync. Whatever it is, it's considerably more worse that in standard leagues and it makes a precise maneuvering in duels a shit job, so it's not about who is more skillful but who desyncs less and manages to get the first hit. Because:

You shouldn't loose gems, according to his post
played CT first time. you could call it "groundslam + glacial hammer" race.
wasn't funny at all.
My discovery from this cut-throat session:

- Flicker Strike OP, it wins every fight and cannot be countered. By the time you notice an enemy player, they're within Flicker Strike range, especially if paired with a Leap Slam for gap closing.

- So I'm level 7, running around in my instance when a level 16 comes in and instagibs me. The level difference range for an instance might need some slight readjustment, because there's no aspect of fair in that. I don't want to be able to join an instance with level 2 players when I'm level 11.

- I got killed, waypointed back to the zone to hopefully get some items back, got chased out of the instance (forced into the next zone) before I could get my equipment. I then clicked back towards the previous zone 10 seconds later and am thrown into a new instance by default. Only because I manually checked every single instance on the list was I able to find the instance again with my corpse in it. Why is this the case? Could we at least get a marker to show which of the instances we have been in already, so this doesn't happen?
Theres only so much you could build in 2 hours guys. The diversity will be much different in month leagues also gameplay will be much different as well as it wont be racy anymore.

I do think there needs to be a /ladder in cut-throat that shows the people who stole the most exp.
I really loved this mode!

I'll let a few points negatives that I disliked.

- In the description says if the player press "Alt + F4" he has to wait 5 sec. these calculations are wrong!, is far less than that. are 1 seconds, and in other cases is 2 seconds. I say this because I managed to escape from death many times.

My ideas for improvements.

- To become more difficult, could be added in the future a system of death, if you die to player or monster, the character will return to the standard league. For if someone murdering a person, she will have no way back and cash, death is death in the end.

- It would be interesting to drop the flasks and gems

- Impose a system of party to level together or to kill someone without reaching the friend who is in the group.

- Increase time of rapid closing "Alt + F4", "+ Esc Exit to character selection", "Exit Path of Exile." For the player who tries to escape from death, he can not.
Adding a time of 10 seconds for any one of "rapid closing" options

- Able to use the microtransaction items

- Add a ranking of players killed by other players.

Desculpe pelo meu péssimo ingles.
:D Aguardando o próximo "Cutthroat". o/
PoE <- Love It '-'
This sounds Great and a good break from the normal game.I like how you state the players who have fun will die :).
Some feedback in retrospective:
1. You have to do something about freeze and chill effects. I would say reduce their effect by 50%. Right now it's people running GH and Cold snaps and freezing everyone. If you get frozen first, you most probably will die first.
2. Bear trap could also get a slight nerf, but it's not that problematic as GH.
3. Dropping all of your gear on death is too much. Once you die for the first time, it's pretty much downhill slide after that, it's quite hard to get back on the equal footing with the rest. Make it so that you only drop 2-3 equipment slots, randomly selected.
4. Desync. I know, I know, but honestly yesterday was the worst I've ever seen. I tried to engage in some careful positioning against some people, but it would just be me hitting and missing, and then resyncing and realising the guy is already in town.
5. Increase drop rates a bit, so people can actually get some backup gear.
6. Increase the experience gained from PvP kills and reduce the experience gained from PvE. It's sucks that everyone is running standard PvE, and if you actually engage in PvP, you are actually worse for it.
7. Implement a ladder based on number of pvp kills, not experience. Or have two ladders. Prevent high level characters 'culling' lower lvled ones just for the ladder rank (you already have the limit for the lvl difference but I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, why not just tell us?). Lvl difference should be at max 4-5. I would actually prevent pvp instances in Terraces and Mud Flats.
8. Add a 5-second zone out on using Waypoints. Everyone is just fighting around them and escaping when they are near dead.
9. Give more diverse selection of quest rewards in the begining. Classes with Flicker, Whirling blade and Leap slam >>> Classes without them.

I'm sure that the longer the CT league is, the better it will become as people will actually be able to build up a character, have spare equipment, and there won't be that much of lvl 15 guy killing lvl 12 guy. Lvl 35 vs lvl 32 will probably be more even fight.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Mar 20, 2014, 6:20:35 AM
It is my dear.
I believe this league is not for the weak.
and yes that is the best to survive, both as monsters for the players.
The best will be the king.
This league is to see who will be the first to reach the top and take the king's crown.
If it were up to me, this would be the most Hardcore of all league.
Simply have to drop everything when you die.
And who die, must go to the standard.
To whoever cakewalk ... Will play on Standard:D
---
I have not slept, waiting 12 hours for the second round of the Cut-throat
Today I will miss work to play. For 20/03 is my Birthday
PoE <- Love It. '-'
"
PoorJoy wrote:
played CT first time. you could call it "groundslam + glacial hammer" race.
wasn't funny at all.

Make counters to the popular builds. Isn't the meta game part of the fun?
Aside from new skills, the gripes and concerns are *exactly* the same as when they ran the CT tests 2 years ago.

I just hope they are addressed now.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info