[FlickFrap's] "Galaxy" Flicker Build (Not Cheap) [OUT OF DATE]

Hi, I did a post in a ST build, though i prefer more flicker (if it's possible)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/846000/page/11/#p7611797

I Would like to know what you think about it, if it would be possible me to follow this build even if I dont have a good dagger
So I went and respec'd into your build and I have to say its much better since I can literally 1 shot everything, resists are VERY low, but that doesn't really matter when you kill them first ^ ^
"
strifed169 wrote:
"
LoPan wrote:
"
strifed169 wrote:
How are you doing so much damage?

I just got my low life set and have been mfing (with great success!) but my damage is low compared to what I've seen other low life builds do. With that said I'm wearing full mf set and my wrath and anger gems aren't yet maxed (lvls 16 and 17), also only 5L shavs, and I've also retuned the tree to make sure that I'm maxed resists while wearing mf gear

but that doesnt' seem like the main problem, any help?

Sounds like you answered your own question there.

lol

how are your resists when you wear mf gear? I'm wearing 2 andvarius and running purity of elements my resists are close to cap, my quesiton is what resists even matter if I spec'd into more crit instead? without the nodes my resists would be near the 20s.

My resists are capped in MF gear as well, although I don't run 2 andvarius'
IGN:Flickfrap
I could use some help. I was just crushing everything with mightflay up until around 55. Once I got to Merc ledge I started feeling a lot more squishy, but I ground it out in a group until 60. I have almost enough saved to buy a bino's but I am not sure what type of armor I should be after at this point. The bino's will break me when I buy it. Do I want evasion/life, or armor/life before I go CI? How much ES do I need per piece to pull the trigger on switching to CI? I feel like I probably should have already switched, but I know buying the gear would delay me getting a bino's for awhile and I am not sure if that is worth it. Any advice on the best way to move forward would be much appreciated.

My current passives.
Passives

My current gear.

Spoiler

Possible Upgrades After CI.

Spoiler

Last edited by protips on Apr 17, 2014, 5:43:10 PM
"
protips wrote:
I could use some help. I was just crushing everything with mightflay up until around 55. Once I got to Merc ledge I started feeling a lot more squishy, but I ground it out in a group until 60. I have almost enough saved to buy a bino's but I am not sure what type of armor I should be after at this point. The bino's will break me when I buy it. Do I want evasion/life, or armor/life before I go CI? How much ES do I need per piece to pull the trigger on switching to CI? I feel like I probably should have already switched, but I know buying the gear would delay me getting a bino's for awhile and I am not sure if that is worth it. Any advice on the best way to move forward would be much appreciated.

My current passives.
Passives

My current gear.

Spoiler

Possible Upgrades After CI.

Spoiler

You shouldn't have anything in the Void Barrier wheel imo, since you aren't CI yet. You should get vaal pact. Provided you have a 20$ Blood Rage and some leech on your gear, it will help a lot with survivability.
What about gear? Do you think I should use the 5L Infernal Mantle for now and pick up some other ES gear as I go? Should Bino's be my first big purchase?
"
protips wrote:
What about gear? Do you think I should use the 5L Infernal Mantle for now and pick up some other ES gear as I go? Should Bino's be my first big purchase?

I wouldn't go ES gear until you have enough to go CI, over 2-2.5k would suffice.

And to be honest. I wouldn't have started following this build without proper currency or gear for the intended 3 essential pieces.
Ah, I thought it would be viable since you had the CI alternative build. Flicker is really the only build I like so I guess I will just struggle through.
"
protips wrote:
Ah, I thought it would be viable since you had the CI alternative build. Flicker is really the only build I like so I guess I will just struggle through.

I mean it will be viable without those pieces as CI, but flicker builds are pretty gear dependent to begin with, unfortunately.

However, the fact that you've leveled as flicker will give you much more incite into the mechanics and make it easier to adapt in the long run.
so I finally managed to 6L my shavs and put the build together, I have some question/problems Ive encountered so far

1) Insanely low ES - without snapshotting and using just prism guardian I have 3.2 K! ES ...how is this build suppose to survive in any 74+ map? already having troubles in 69s...

2) Insane desync - it often goes like this: I start flickering and instantly desync - it looks like I constantly flicker but I am actually not hitting anything (looks like flickering into mobs without any damage) and after few second I appear in the middle of the pack that tears me down in 1 second due to low ES/no US

3) Reflect problems - if you actually manage to see the reflect aura its no problem, just pop up the flasks and use LS but due to the very nature of flicker where u start "teleporting" through the entire map from pack to pack sometimes u just cant see it (its insta dead without any given chance to react)

4) Damage - actually considering I have equip worth 350ex+ I have mediocore damage at best, with full damage setup (I know I am fairly low lvl but looking at the tree I picked up pretty much every damage node as you already and my melee physical is not 20/20 yet) I got 20K flicker toolip and 9 attacks/second so thats barely 200K damage (10 times! less then 2 mil as advertised)

I know I have to finalize my build, get proper CWDT setup, gain some lvls but I feel like the things that are working for you are just not working for me even though we have pretty much identical equip and I dont see its going to chance with any more lvls.

One more thing as I couldnt find it anywhere, whats your exact ES, flicker tooltip and APS and how much mana you have left after reserve that grants you constant flicker without any interuption?

Also do you have any video of you clearing 76+ maps? I would rly like to see it as with pretty much same equip I am having troubles with even lowest lvl maps, especially due to insanely low ES

many thx in advance

my equip for reference
Spoiler

my passive
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQzyEHsRLxGWFr8X2BmGGYoajx4aJ6koKio4Kk0rCi9vMFQ_J0cGSshTNVYtVupW9V76X2pjQ21sbqpwUnBWcLtw1XvXfeN_xofbiEKMC42_j_qQG5fQmVeZmpoTm7Wdo6R4pcumf6lurEesf7GztMW1SLXytve5Prl8vjrAUcEAwcXB1cLswzrDbcpKzerQOdkT2xrbbtvU3vjjhOn-6yzrY-wY7LDtQfLh8-r1S_ba-wn8q_-T
Last edited by Aerinqq on Apr 19, 2014, 10:28:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info