[FlickFrap's] "Galaxy" Flicker Build (Not Cheap) [OUT OF DATE]

@Aerinqq

Well first problem I see is you never went up to deep thoughts. The power charge and spell power on power charge makes a big impact on dps. It will also help more with running oom and 50% regen maps.

2nd CWDT>Enduring>Immortal call is Extremely important.

3rd Reflect will almost ALWAYS be a problem with Dragon Hunger. A faster lower dmg dagger is safer because it will proc ur flat aura dmg more often with more hits with lower phys dmg.

4th You don't have 20% blood rage. With changes to Vaal you really do want that 10% leech it provides.

5th Ondars rly should have been the first Keystone you picked up as it's arguably the most important survivability node in this tree.

6th Looks Like you are using frenzy instead of LS for power charges. LS is much safer and with 20% pierces targets. Usually only takes me 1-2 LS to get full charges. With the extra charge you get from heading towards deep thoughs and dragon hungers crit. You can probable remove some of those 15-20% crit nodes as you should be crit capped with full power charges.

I have just under 3.8k ES atm with my setup and have no problems including phys reflect although I don't run phys reflect maps. And I only run 75-78 Maps.

Also I've been playing dark souls and titanfall a lot lately so I haven't been lvling.
IGN:Flickfrap
Last edited by LoPan on Apr 20, 2014, 11:00:39 AM
"
LoPan wrote:
@Aerinqq

Well first problem I see is you never went up to deep thoughts. The power charge and spell power on power charge makes a big impact on dps. It will also help more with running oom and 50% regen maps.

3rd Reflect will almost ALWAYS be a problem with Dragon Hunger. A faster lower dmg dagger is safer because it will proc ur flat aura dmg more often with more hits with lower phys dmg.

4th You don't have 20% blood rage. With changes to Vaal you really do want that 10% leech it provides.

5th Ondars rly should have been the first Keystone you picked up as it's arguably the most important survivability node in this tree.

6th Looks Like you are using frenzy instead of LS for power charges. LS is much safer and with 20% pierces targets. Usually only takes me 1-2 LS to get full charges. With the extra charge you get from heading towards deep thoughs and dragon hungers crit. You can probable remove some of those 15-20% crit nodes as you should be crit capped with full power charges.

I have just under 3.8k ES atm with my setup and have no problems including phys reflect although I don't run phys reflect maps. And I only run 75-78 Maps.

Also I've been playing dark souls and titanfall a lot lately so I haven't been lvling.

thx for the response

ye I know the CWDT setup is important, I am working on it currently trying to figure out what piece of gear I should put it into etc cos Ill be running 2 setups (1 for party dominus with Prism and for maps Ill snapshot for decent ES shield and run purity instead of anger)

well the thing is I am lvl 75 so I couldnt get deep thoughts and ondars yet (working on it atm)

and I am using LS to generate PC (dont mind my gem setup I posted it was unorganized I was just messing around and testing etc)

I am on 89% crit chance with 4PC and 5 FC atm

I am wondering whether to switch to ambusher or stay dragon hunger, some ppl claim its better and some claim othervise so I dont know what to think...

also how with this low ES and no armour, how do you survive Vaal Smash/Dominus ground smash?

still having huge issues with desync though you dont die to desync at all?

btw Titanfall is amazing playing a lot as well nowadays:P
"
Aerinqq wrote:
"
LoPan wrote:
@Aerinqq

thx for the response

ye I know the CWDT setup is important, I am working on it currently trying to figure out what piece of gear I should put it into etc cos Ill be running 2 setups (1 for party dominus with Prism and for maps Ill snapshot for decent ES shield and run purity instead of anger)

well the thing is I am lvl 75 so I couldnt get deep thoughts and ondars yet (working on it atm)

and I am using LS to generate PC (dont mind my gem setup I posted it was unorganized I was just messing around and testing etc)

I am on 89% crit chance with 4PC and 5 FC atm

I am wondering whether to switch to ambusher or stay dragon hunger, some ppl claim its better and some claim othervise so I dont know what to think...

also how with this low ES and no armour, how do you survive Vaal Smash/Dominus ground smash?

still having huge issues with desync though you dont die to desync at all?

btw Titanfall is amazing playing a lot as well nowadays:P

I've used both the high phys daggers and the ambushers. The ambushers are noticeably better. I'd say pick up loath or honour if you can afford it. And yeah, having a lot of fun w titanfall atm :)
Last edited by LoPan on Apr 21, 2014, 7:15:00 PM
Build affectionately dubbed "Galaxy" by some friends of mine IRL and in game for the swirling solar system of charges constantly surrounding you :)
"
LoPan wrote:
Build affectionately dubbed "Galaxy" by some friends of mine IRL and in game for the swirling solar system of charges constantly surrounding you :)

I said that shit first! :)

Plus all the auras and discipline micros make it look extra epic.
Hello,

I need help!

I have been following this guide quite happily and enjoyed flickering around a lot.

Currently, I'm in merciless act3 and trying to find equipment to switch over to CI until I get the Shavs et al.

I have great problems with mobs beyond lvl60/61.
I am definetly too squishy and deal to low damage to keep flickering and avoid beeing torn apart very quickly, when something (like desync/latency) stops me.

My tree differs from the recommended one, as I tried to find a way to deal more damage, increase survivability.

My Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQj0DPIOSA_EES8Rlha_F9geGiepKCos4S9vMFQwfDt8O-E-z0lRUUdW6lb1Xvph4mNDbRlwUnBWcLt3_XkDfeN-WX8rf8aH24hCi3qNfY2_joqQG5fQmVeZmpoTnaOio6XLpn-nK6c0p1yqf6q4rGaxs7TFtUi297jKuT65fL3mwFHAVMHFwfPC7NA51orYdtkT227b1OL344Tp_utj7BjtQfLh8-r8q_-T

My current Equip
Spoiler
Last edited by haensel on May 1, 2014, 2:06:55 PM
"
haensel wrote:
Hello,

I need help!

I have been following this guide quite happily and enjoyed flickering around a lot.

Currently, I'm in merciless act3 and trying to find equipment to switch over to CI until I get the Shavs et al.

I have great problems with mobs beyond lvl60/61.
I am definetly too squishy and deal to low damage to keep flickering and avoid beeing torn apart very quickly, when something (like desync/latency) stops me.

My tree differs from the recommended one, as I tried to find a way to deal more damage, increase survivability.

My Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQj0DPIOSA_EES8Rlha_F9geGiepKCos4S9vMFQwfDt8O-E-z0lRUUdW6lb1Xvph4mNDbRlwUnBWcLt3_XkDfeN-WX8rf8aH24hCi3qNfY2_joqQG5fQmVeZmpoTnaOio6XLpn-nK6c0p1yqf6q4rGaxs7TFtUi297jKuT65fL3mwFHAVMHFwfPC7NA51orYdtkT227b1OL344Tp_utj7BjtQfLh8-r8q_-T

My current Equip
Spoiler

-Make sure ur blood rage is 20%

-Get yourself a CoDT>EnduringCry>ImmortalCall gem setup going somewhere

-Get a dagger with better crit & faster APS

-Swap out headgear and boots

-You aren't CI yet and you should be wearing all armor/evasion gear

-Being that you aren't CI those ES nodes do nothing for you

-You want to stack more HP until you do in fact have the gear to go CI, then remove said hp nodes and fill out the tree as recommended

-These are the changes I would make to your tree currently, try it out and let me know how you fair

-Finish ur aura nodes and head over to vaal so you can get it when you want

Also, what auras are you running currently? Should only be Grace & Hatred until you have full setup going.

Good luck, enjoy
Last edited by LoPan on May 1, 2014, 6:56:26 PM
Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 2, 2021, 8:15:50 AM
"
xThreads wrote:
out of curiosity why not swap lightning strike for spectral throw?
similar deeps (shorter duration on shock stacks) but you get the added fun of spectral daggers chasing you around as you flicker

ST is fun but LS w my setup builds charges much fast and is also better for reflect purposes.
He Lopan,

thanks for giving so quick help.

I'll try out your reccomeded changes. It will take a while, as everything I need seems to be quite expensive. :)

Currently, I'm only running 1 aura: either hatred, discipline or grace - depending on the circumstances. With your changes, it might work out with 2 at the same time.

Spoiler
"
LoPan wrote:

-Make sure ur blood rage is 20%

-Get yourself a CoDT>EnduringCry>ImmortalCall gem setup going somewhere

-Get a dagger with better crit & faster APS

-Swap out headgear and boots

-You aren't CI yet and you should be wearing all armor/evasion gear

-Being that you aren't CI those ES nodes do nothing for you

-You want to stack more HP until you do in fact have the gear to go CI, then remove said hp nodes and fill out the tree as recommended

-These are the changes I would make to your tree currently, try it out and let me know how you fair

-Finish ur aura nodes and head over to vaal so you can get it when you want

Also, what auras are you running currently? Should only be Grace & Hatred until you have full setup going.

Good luck, enjoy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info