[FlickFrap's] "Galaxy" Flicker Build (Not Cheap) [OUT OF DATE]

[THE POINT OF THIS BUILD IS RIDICULOUS DMG AND THE FASTEST CLEAR SPEEDS POSSIBLE]

DMG+DEFENSE PICS

FLICKER DMG

LIGHTNING STRIKE DMG

DEFENSES w/ JADE+GRANITE

[First off this build requires Shavs/Crown/Prism]

The reason you need these Items is due to the fact that the 5 auras this build uses needs shavs and prism to allow all of your life to be taken up by 3 auras as well as 2 auras on mana without the fear of chaos penetrating your es. And the crown to allow pain attuenment's 30% to apply to your attack damage.

I can run solo & full party's in all maps up to lvl 78 and 1-2 shot all mobs, (provided they are not blood magic or physical reflect.)

[Added CI & Life based passive trees for those without access to Shavs/Crown/Ext]

Pros & Cons

Pro
5 Auras 6 Frenzy 5 Power Crit Capped
Ridiculous Damage

High Evasion/Projectiles aren't an issue
Fast Clear Speeds
Upwards of 60/300+ MF

Con
Hard to get max res
Physical Reflect is a problem

Reflect is possible with LS spam, however I recommend skipping this mod all together

Play Style

-You want blood rage up at all times, (Increased Duration gem helps with this.) You rely on the leech/speed/frenzy charges it provides, (this makes 20% fairly important for this gem.)

-LS until you have full power charges

-Flicker everything into oblivion

-LS intermittently as needed to keep power charges up

-Keep flicking everything into oblivion

-I use whirling blades for quick mobility which I find very helpful, however it isn't core to the build and doesn't have to be used

-Also pop granite and jade flasks all the time. Since this is a crit build, this is why we want to roll Surgeons mods on all flasks

-Keep an eye out for the odd Physical Reflect and Corrupted Blood packs, (Staunching flask will take care of Corrupted Blood) and you should be cleaning up.

Keystones & Bandits
Keystones
Pain Attunement
Ghost Reaver
Ondar's Guile
Vaal Pact (Not needed w/ AA)

Bandits
Normal - Passive
Cruel - Passive
Merc - Frenzy Charge

Links and Gems
6L Chest - Flicker > Multistrike > Melee Physical > Melee Splash > Critical Damage > Critical Strikes (If you only have 5L Shavs just run the same 6L set up without crit strikes.)

4L Helm - Reduced Mana > Anger > Hatred > Critical Weakness

4L Boots/Gloves - CwDT > Immortal Call > Enduring Cry > (Critical Weakness/Enfeeble/Temp Chains/Non specific)

4L Boots/Gloves - Lightning Strike > Faster Attacks > Lesser Multiple Projectiles > Power Charge on Critical.

3L Shield - Grace > Discipline > Wrath

3L Dagger - Blood Rage > Increased Duration > (Whirling Blades/Portal/Non specific)

I would say 20% gems in this order - Blood Rage > Flicker > PCoC > Melee Splash > Lightning Strike > Faster Attacks > LMP > Critical Damage > Remaining flicker links

Current Gear/Setup(Lvl 94)

Leveling Tips

-Life and mana are important while leveling.
-Use life and mana flasks to keep up blood rage and flicker costs.
-Pick up Conditioning, Soul Siphon and Mind Drinker/Life nodes on your journeys and remove as they become obsolete.
-Head to Mana reserve nodes, Deep thoughts/Charges nodes first, then head to keystones.
-Get Ondar's first then save Pain Attunement for once you go crown as it will have no benefit whatsoever before that.
-4L Flicker works fine at whatever level you can use flicker, until you equip your hopefully 6L Shavs.
-RRRG 4L use: Flicker > Melee Splash > Multistrike > Melee Physical.

-I leveled with gear like:

-Slither and wurms helps w life and mana leech.
-Mightflay will last you all the way up into your early 60s if need be.
-Once you get to end game maps you are going to want at least a dagger w 9% or more crit and 200+dps

(The rest were just odd lower tiers that I found helpful while leveling)

Note that you will die while leveling. It is a struggle for some to climb this mountain to end game. But such is the price of greatness.

Enjoy

___________________________________________________________________________________
IGN:Flickfrap
Last edited by LoPan on Aug 22, 2014, 12:06:26 PM
Last bumped on May 8, 2016, 3:48:50 PM
Epic.

I've been thinking about going this build for a while now, which keystones would you recommend going for first while leveling?

I didn't know if this build would still be viable after the patch but good to know it clearly still kicks serious ass!
"
gharzad wrote:
Epic.

I've been thinking about going this build for a while now, which keystones would you recommend going for first while leveling?

I didn't know if this build would still be viable after the patch but good to know it clearly still kicks serious ass!

I've mentioned which keystones to go and when in the leveling tips section.

Basically I took ondars early and made the links to all of the remaining keystones, saving a few passive points along the way, and once i equipped shavs/crown/prism I filled pact/ghost/pa keytones all at once.
Hopefully I can get a pair of these gloves one day http://imgur.com/a/iatME and work out some new tweaks to this beasty build ;p
Last edited by LoPan on Mar 23, 2014, 8:54:04 PM
LoPan!
Thank you that you continued the work begun Sblak!
He wrote that he sold his gear and probably more for you to be hard work keeping this build!
Do not give up!
Good luck and patience!
I also play in this build until CI. It is difficult, but interesting. Give up - not going! :)
"
stick111 wrote:
LoPan!
Thank you that you continued the work begun Sblak!
He wrote that he sold his gear and probably more for you to be hard work keeping this build!
Do not give up!
Good luck and patience!
I also play in this build until CI. It is difficult, but interesting. Give up - not going! :)

Until CI? I Don't follow....

But thank you
Last edited by stick111 on Mar 14, 2014, 2:46:06 PM
"
stick111 wrote:

Ah I see. Working your way up. Nicely done. Good luck, you seem to be doing fine.
People running all these auras and all those frenzy/power/endurance charges up all at the same time look like one man friggin galaxies.
"
gharzad wrote:
People running all these auras and all those frenzy/power/endurance charges up all at the same time look like one man friggin galaxies.

Haha, I don't rly have endurance charges up as Immortal Call uses them up instantly, but yeah 7 green balls and 5 blue balls floating around most of the time. That plus the discipline micro it rly does look like a ballin little solar system

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info