Haha, Changed the Title.

Last edited by Exalton on Mar 29, 2014, 3:48:44 PM
"
Nastakanoth wrote:

Curious if t2 fragments have a "correct" way of farming too or just RNG.
"
"
Rhys wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the community
Figuring out how to farm fragments correctly

Well, most "games" come with instructions. They show a goal, and they show the path to obtain them. Then the player decides on the best path they want to in order to persue it.

sounds like someone hasnt played many early to mid 90s games.
"
stzbttln wrote:
12 vaal letters http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Letter

12 different corrupted areas (if you don't count neglected cellar twice) http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/a/ab/Corrupted_area_link_act3.png?version=d773bdde9bade1215b1bc9ceae9aa61a

I personnally have been able to chain corrupted areas back to back by trying to find a logic in the letters. It would help if more people could test. Like borek664 mentioned, here are the areas we've had success with :

“I had nothing. I was nothing. I sold my flesh to survive. Today, my flesh belongs to my Queen.” - Crematorium

“I was to wither away in darkness. My queen has brought me into the light. I would have lived in ugliness. Now I may die in Beauty.” - Solaris Temple

“I should have drawn the last breath from him. Yet all I did was draw his blood. Doryani will take my head in the morning and I have my shaking hands to thank for it.” - Lunaris Temple

We have some other hypotheses but more testing must be done.

Crematorium worked for me, Solaris didn't. But i only tryed once so far, so more testing is needed. Anyone could figure out another combination yet?
This one worked for me : “I am but a crude reflection of our Queen of Endless Beauty. I die today so that all of Vaal may bask in her Radiance tomorrow.” - solaris temple
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
"
deusapollo wrote:
"
stzbttln wrote:
12 vaal letters http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Letter

12 different corrupted areas (if you don't count neglected cellar twice) http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/a/ab/Corrupted_area_link_act3.png?version=d773bdde9bade1215b1bc9ceae9aa61a

I personnally have been able to chain corrupted areas back to back by trying to find a logic in the letters. It would help if more people could test. Like borek664 mentioned, here are the areas we've had success with :

“I had nothing. I was nothing. I sold my flesh to survive. Today, my flesh belongs to my Queen.” - Crematorium

“I was to wither away in darkness. My queen has brought me into the light. I would have lived in ugliness. Now I may die in Beauty.” - Solaris Temple

“I should have drawn the last breath from him. Yet all I did was draw his blood. Doryani will take my head in the morning and I have my shaking hands to thank for it.” - Lunaris Temple

We have some other hypotheses but more testing must be done.

Crematorium worked for me, Solaris didn't. But i only tryed once so far, so more testing is needed. Anyone could figure out another combination yet?

Another information:

1) started in crematorium
vaal letter = “I should have drawn the last breath from him. Yet all I did was draw his blood. Doryani will take my head in the morning and I have my shaking hands to thank for it.”

2) Lunaris
vaal letter = “I am but a crude reflection of our Queen of Endless Beauty. I die today so that all of Vaal may bask in her Radiance tomorrow.”

3) the archives
vaal letter = “I was to wither away in darkness. My queen has brought me into the light. I would have lived in ugliness. Now I may die in Beauty.”

4) the slums
vaal letter = “I am but a crude reflection of our Queen of Endless Beauty. I die today so that all of Vaal may bask in her Radiance tomorrow.”

5) the archives
vall letter = “What did I say? What did I do? I flattered, I promised, I bared my skin and soul to my beloved Atziri. I did everything but offer to die for her. Is that where I went wrong?”

6) marketplace
sacrifice at midnight found
vaal letter = “I was to wither away in darkness. My queen has brought me into the light. I would have lived in ugliness. Now I may die in Beauty.”

Last edited by igorio on Mar 30, 2014, 12:53:49 AM
^ was all of that done in succession without any failed attempts?
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
"
stzbttln wrote:
^ was all of that done in succession without any failed attempts?

It was in succession, except between zones 2 and 3.
Number 3 (the archives) was hard to find.
I came across another corrupted zone by mistake, but it gave the same vaal letter as number 2.
So I disregarded it after I found the correct zone.

Some more information, but may just be my superstition.
I started with "sacrifice at dusk" in my inventory.
Zone 1 dropped "sacrifice at noon". Kept at inventory also.
Zone 2 dropped "sacrifice at dawn". Kept at inventory also.
Zone 3 to 5 dropped vaal gems. Kept at the stash.
I also decided to test this theory a little..Here is my results:
"I had nothing. I was nothing..." => corrupted area in Crematorium - worked once, failed twice
“I am but a crude reflection of our Queen..."=> corrupted are in Library/Archieves - failed twice
“I should have drawn the last breath from him.." => corrupted area in Lunaris 1/2/3 - worked once, failed once..
“I was to wither away in darkness..."=> corrupted area in Solaris 1/2 - worked once, failed once.

I'll continue tests, but to be honest I don't think it will work.. Lets say we found connection between letters and areas, and we know, that letter A points to Neglected Cellar area. We know, that Neglected Cellar could spawn in 6(!) zones - SoC, Warehouse district, Marketplace, BAttlefront, Ebony Barracks and Hedge Maze.. So, I need to check all this zones. It will take way too much time...
Btw, what about Vaults of Atziri? There are 6, or even 8 vaal vessels there, and no vaal letters..

I believe, that "the right way to farm" is to farm as fast as you can, and only thing you need to sacrifice to get midnigh shard is your time..
"

worked: 1 failed: 0

"

worked: 2 (both Lunaris lvl 2) failed: 0

"

“What did I say? What did I do? I flattered, I promised, I bared my skin and soul to my beloved Atziri. I did everything but offer to die for her. Is that where I went wrong?” - Market Place

not tryed yet

"

“I am but a crude reflection of our Queen of Endless Beauty. I die today so that all of Vaal may bask in her Radiance tomorrow.” - Solaris

not tryed yet

"

“I was to wither away in darkness. My queen has brought me into the light. I would have lived in ugliness. Now I may die in Beauty.” - Slums

not tryed yet

"

“There was no escape for me. Should our Queen and her thaumaturge succeed, there will be no escape for anyone.”

tryed to find a chain, but no sucess so far

"

“Atziri is my love and my life. I give one so that I might have the other for all eternity.”

tryed to find a chain, but no sucess so far

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info