Haha, Changed the Title.

12 vaal letters http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Letter

12 different corrupted areas (if you don't count neglected cellar twice) http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/a/ab/Corrupted_area_link_act3.png?version=d773bdde9bade1215b1bc9ceae9aa61a

I personnally have been able to chain corrupted areas back to back by trying to find a logic in the letters. It would help if more people could test. Like borek664 mentioned, here are the areas we've had success with :

“I had nothing. I was nothing. I sold my flesh to survive. Today, my flesh belongs to my Queen.” - Crematorium

“I was to wither away in darkness. My queen has brought me into the light. I would have lived in ugliness. Now I may die in Beauty.” - Solaris Temple

“I should have drawn the last breath from him. Yet all I did was draw his blood. Doryani will take my head in the morning and I have my shaking hands to thank for it.” - Lunaris Temple

We have some other hypotheses but more testing must be done.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
"
Rhys wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the community
Figuring out how to farm fragments correctly

Well, most "games" come with instructions. They show a goal, and they show the path to obtain them. Then the player decides on the best path they want to in order to persue it.

Has the Path of Exile become the "Path of HaHa you can't figure this out!"?
Well, you win. There has not been a post of "Here it is! I know and want to share it!". Good job, no one has figured out how to farm fragments correctly.

It is not the lack of the enormous community trying to accomplish this. The first person that would of discovered it would of been semi-immortalized (like discovering a unknown recipe).

Or even better, the "Path of Alpha Buddies" that know what you don't, and will profit immensely before the Legacy nerfs (you know, the shit that used to cost 30-40ex now selling for over 180+).

Diablo 2 was clear how to get to the uber areas back in the day in their expansion. It was of a pain in the ass, but more "casual" ppl were allowed to enjoy the end game content.

Here, not so much. After a hundred+ runs or so, I have just a few fragments and not a single midnight. I'm not going to pay a single exalt to play an endgame map to a game I have supported.

I just have one question: Why the effing hell are you GGG shooting yourself in the foot?
I have no desire to donate until this shit gets fixed (fine, turn my IR/IQ off if you don't like my post, I don't care anymore).

Sorry for the Devs that brought the SoTV...they wasted so much of their programming time so most of us cannot ever enjoy it.

EPIC FUCKING FAIL...
(insert your own MEME)

-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
"
"
Rhys wrote:

Well, most "games" come with instructions. They show a goal, and they show the path to obtain them. Then the player decides on the best path they want to in order to persue it.

Well, you win. There has not been a post of "Here it is! I know and want to share it!". Good job, no one has figured out how to farm fragments correctly.

It is not the lack of the enormous community trying to accomplish this. The first person that would of discovered it would of been semi-immortalized (like discovering a unknown recipe).

Or even better, the "Path of Alpha Buddies" that know what you don't, and will profit immensely before the Legacy nerfs (you know, the shit that used to cost 30-40ex now selling for over 180+).

Diablo 2 was clear how to get to the uber areas back in the day in their expansion. It was of a pain in the ass, but more "casual" ppl were allowed to enjoy the end game content.

Here, not so much. After a hundred+ runs or so, I have just a few fragments and not a single midnight. I'm not going to pay a single exalt to play an endgame map to a game I have supported.

I just have one question: Why the effing hell are you GGG shooting yourself in the foot?
I have no desire to donate until this shit gets fixed (fine, turn my IR/IQ off if you don't like my post, I don't care anymore).

Sorry for the Devs that brought the SoTV...they wasted so much of their programming time so most of us cannot ever enjoy it.

EPIC FUCKING FAIL...
(insert your own MEME)

This is what everything in path of exile was like, People had to discover everything. Just because many things are now known, doesn't mean they were before. This is just how path of exile works. I for one, love this approach. (BTW im sure some has figured it out and just doesn't divulge the information.
My strategy is to let others do the hamster wheel figuring out the correct way to farm fragments.

chop chop, people!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 29, 2014, 4:50:25 AM
"
morbo wrote:
My strategy is to let others do the hamster wheel figuring out the correct way to farm fragments.

chop chop, people!

I think that's everyone's strategy.
Well opening the instances at certain times doesn't seem to help. I entered corrupted instances at x:18 and x:28, both yielded me a Midnight. But when my friend replicated this it didn't work.

Also I recorded the time of opening the Vaal Vessel, which also seems to have no effect whatsoever.

Note: I only ever do City of Sarn runs.

Spoiler

x:33 = Noon
x:30 = Dusk
x:50 = Dusk
x:54 = Gem
x:56 = Gem
x:58 = Dusk
x:09 = Gem
x:13 = Noon
x:18 = Gem
x:19 = Dusk
x:23 = Dawn
x:26 = Dusk
x:30 = Dawn
x:34 = Gem
x:35 = Dusk
x:39 = Gem
x:49 = Dusk
x:53 = Dusk
x:00 = Dusk
x:12 = Gem
x:40 = Dusk
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Last edited by Xymordos on Mar 29, 2014, 5:31:02 AM
My first midnight

Ok,i thought i had it but got thrown off a bit.Logged in and started at crema,found it
-went to warehouse sewers, none
-catacombs, found it
-jumped to docks,none
-went back to battlefront,found it
-went back to docks,reset instance,found it
-city of sarn,found it
-crema, found it
-warehouse,found it
catacombs,none
battlefront none,
docks,found it
city of sarn,found it
crema none
then just followed the route just connecting dots and didn't find any for a while
-jumped to docks,found it
-city of sarn,found it.here is where i found my first midnight.

docks to city chained it 3x then nothing, after awhile chained it again.

So maybe it's just a matter of "connecting the dots" in the map...but you'll get sidetracked
once in awhile and loss the chain.I'm a sucker for killing monster packs and maybe spend more time in a zone and if there's a timer,the corrupt area may have jumped onto the next chain.

Anyway,i've gained a lot of currencies farming that way,you won't realize that your stash is full after going through each zone.Maybe that's what GGG wants,not to spend a lot of time farming just one zone.

Ok then,i'll be doing that for awhile until i find a consistent chain.Lunchtime!!
If you can't control it, STOP.
"
"
Rhys wrote:

EPIC FUCKING FAIL...
(insert your own MEME)

Because the number one priority of this game is the ingame economy. You may think it is madness to focus so much on it, but once you accept their paradigm, you'll realize it all makes sense.

The reason for implementing an efficient farming method and not telling or giving clues to the playerbase, is because they want to economically reward the players who do find out.

Keyword: economy!
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"I'm really looking forward to the community Figuring out how to farm fragments correctly"

I've been looking at the ilvl of the Midnights posted in trade and have not seen one under ilvl60, most are ilvl65-ilvl69. So farming anything in Cruel is not the right way to farm the Midnights.

A3 Merc seems to be where they drop the most. Don't farm Cruel if you want a chance at them.
That info has been on the wiki since forever. City of Sarn is lvl 61.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info