Haha, Changed the Title.

Here's a new report to help find the correlation between letters and zones.
I got tired after 5 zones and didn't finish it.

I don't think it's a straight correlation.
There should be different paths like a tree or something.
The level where we find the zone must influence it. Like if we get the same vaal letter from a zone found in Lunaris 1, 2 or 3, the next zone will be different.

Maybe it's time to GGG staff do tell us if we're in the right direction, or not.

Spoiler

1) City of Sarn
lvl 61
Neglected Cellar of Ice
Vaal Summon Skeletons
vaal letter = “I should have drawn the last breath from him. Yet all I did was draw his blood.

Doryani will take my head in the morning and I have my shaking hands to thank for it.”

2) Lunaris Temple 3
lvl 66
Deadly Arcane Chambers
Vaal Spectral Throw
vaal letter = “I had nothing. I was nothing. I sold my flesh to survive. Today, my flesh belongs to

my Queen.”

3) The Hedge Maze (should be crematorium?)
lvl 67
Neglected Cellar of Balance
Vaal Double Strike
vaal letter = “I was to wither away in darkness. My queen has brought me into the light. I would

have lived in ugliness. Now I may die in Beauty.”

4) The Solaris Temple 1
lvl 62
Deadly Sacred Chambers of Ice
Sacrifice at Dusk
vaal letter = “What did I say? What did I do? I flattered, I promised, I bared my skin and soul to

my beloved Atziri. I did everything but offer to die for her. Is that where I went wrong?”

5) The Slums
lvl 61
Quarantined Quarters of Balance
Sacrifice at Dusk
vaal letter = “A ring. Plated, not even solid silver. That's all I took. Now I'm stuffed full of

gems and destined for the block. For palming a wretched, half-crown ring.”

6) stopped here

"
deusapollo wrote:
"

“I had nothing. I was nothing. I sold my flesh to survive. Today, my flesh belongs to my Queen.” - Crematorium

worked: 1 failed: 0

plus 1 for me.
"
holocaustus wrote:
That info has been on the wiki since forever. City of Sarn is lvl 61.

it's on the wiki, but tbh there's some very simple misinformation floating around threads like these.
although, the bit about no midnights in cruel is probably true
I just had two City of Sarns in a row, the first one had the letter:
"
For seven years I advised. For seven years she listened. Today, she would not. Now my blood will be but another drop in an ocean that will drown this land.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:
I just had two City of Sarns in a row, the first one had the letter:
"
For seven years I advised. For seven years she listened. Today, she would not. Now my blood will be but another drop in an ocean that will drown this land.

That's a correlation I had found but didn't mention as I had not tested it enough. The vaal letter theory certainly doesn't work 100% of the time but it seems like a few different players have have success with it. Until GGG decides to say something, it's probably the least mind-numbing way of farming fragments.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
Just got
"
“I was to wither away in darkness. My queen has brought me into the light. I would have lived in ugliness. Now I may die in Beauty.” - Slums

in Neglected Cellar (via City of Sarn) and immediately tried Slums, didn't have an area. Interestingly enough, a friend got the same letter at almost the same time as I did (also in Neglected Cellar via City of Sarn), he also didn't get one in Slums.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Apr 2, 2014, 1:17:38 AM
"
TehHammer wrote:
Just got
"
“I was to wither away in darkness. My queen has brought me into the light. I would have lived in ugliness. Now I may die in Beauty.” - Slums

in Neglected Cellar (via City of Sarn) and immediately tried Slums, didn't have an area. Interestingly enough, a friend got the same letter at almost the same time as I did (also in Neglected Cellar via City of Sarn), he also didn't get one in Slums.

Oh no... that steals the last drops of hope I had. A hope that this is not yet another RNG-only mind-numbing CTRL+click farm-fest.

The interesting part is about same area, same letter, different instances. Maybe the pattern at which they spawn is not entirely random, so a group of six could split up, search in parallel and then collapse on the zone a corrupted patch is found.

I play mostly solo, anybody willing to try with his guild?
Didnt check the whole thread, but let me spoil it for you..

Hearing a sound in the distance will lead you to

"
tehnix wrote:

TROLL OR NOT
"
Skorched wrote:
I sent a message to Rhys hoping to shed some light on Fragment drops. If there is a wrong way to farm fragments then there must be a right way.

Re: atziri fragments
Sent: March 23, 2014 4:23 PM
To: Skorched

It's not that there's a secret way to guarantee them or anything, but there is a "wrong" way to farm them. I just noticed people complaining they weren't finding them, and I could tell from their descriptions they were always doing it the "wrong" way, in which the rarest shard never drops. It's not complicated, really.

with this said

"
tehnix wrote:

that is obviously another lame troll.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info