Haha, Changed the Title.

If you put multiple maps in the Map Device you hear a sound in the distance.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
So... a dev clearly said that there is no way to guarantee a midnight drop, then why are you looking for it? Its obvious how to find it quickly - move through all lvl 60+ zones with a chance for corrupted zone to spawn with maphack and here you go. You can probably get one midnight per hour doing that. Or one per day w/o maphack.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
So... a dev clearly said that there is no way to guarantee a midnight drop, then why are you looking for it? Its obvious how to find it quickly - move through all lvl 60+ zones with a chance for corrupted zone to spawn with maphack and here you go. You can probably get one midnight per hour doing that. Or one per day w/o maphack.
This is so true. How can you claim to be against map hacking when the same one that worked in closed beta still works and you keep adding "challenges" that are hard for everyone except the map hackers.

There better be a way to consistently find corrupted areas that isn't public yet, because the cheaters are gaining a bigger advantage every day.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
If cheating is a concern, do what I decided to do back in 2004... quit playing online games.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If cheating is a concern, do what I decided to do back in 2004... quit playing online games.

So after a whooping 10 years without playing a single online game, you're here posting in an online game forum? :rolleyes:

Needless to say i call bullshit.
Last edited by Krayken on Apr 4, 2014, 3:32:15 PM
Obviously when he said people were doing it the wrong way he meant they were farming below level 60 zones. That would be the guarenteed wrong way to farm midnight.

The midnight itself is rng.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
Obviously when he said people were doing it the wrong way he meant they were farming below level 60 zones. That would be the guarenteed wrong way to farm midnight.

Then the dev was either clueless or lying. Everyone knew before the patch even came out that CoS (merc) would be the spot to farm corrupted areas due to its layout. There was even thread titled Path of City of Sarn for that very reason.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Madcow1120 wrote:

The midnight itself is rng.
I agree with this, but the Bulldozer through the forest comment makes me think creating instances in the same area over and over is driving a Bulldozer and there's a more intelligent way to find the areas.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
There's no secret way to farm midnight fragments other than doing level 60+ zones. A few pages back we were testing to figure out if there was a correlation between the vaal letters and corrupted areas, not fragments. Turns out there doesn't really seem to be a way to farm corruption more efficiently than running CoS or docks over and over again. It's pretty lame to be honest, I was hoping it truly wasn't just another RNG fest. Time to take a break until the next big content pacth I guess.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
I can confirm that you can find all 12 letters in any given Corrupted Area. That suggests pretty heavily that the letters don't point to another zone. If that were the case, you probably wouldn't be able to find, for example, the letter that "points" to the Sealed Corridor within the Sealed Corridor itself.

The "RNG" doesn't feel very RNG-ish, though. My corrupted areas generally appear in streaks and tend to be weighted toward the start of my game session VERY heavily. Also, letters do not usually repeat. It only took me 14 runs of the same corrupted Zone to get all 12 letters (only two duplicates), which would normally be highly unlikely.

It could be coincidence, but there are a lot of weird streaks and statistical coincidences occurring in these corrupted zones. There is definitely something suggesting more than flat statistical probabilities. Whether the player has any influence over it or not is an entirely different matter.
Last edited by demonwing on Apr 4, 2014, 4:14:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info