Haha, Changed the Title.

"
iamstryker wrote:
This game isn't really skill based. The guy who beat it above was using BiS gear to do it.

The 'thing' is, that we cant expect everyone to have BiS gear. And from this view: the skill base is to succeed with NOT-BIS equipment. That a setup with ultra-high/-rare(/-expensive) stuff easyfies nearly anything to at least some remarkable degree, is out of the question. (ans also, that the limitations of diversity always will result in some less gear dependent builds)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Hm, firebalst, stormcall, this looks like a fight for resist flask. You don't need 10k hp if you have resist aura + flask. If you have 90% resist, you need 4k hp.

Good thing I have 100 fire resist lol, I just need the acces now.

And seriously, the skills look easy to doge, the guy in the video plays badly.
"
rrtson wrote:
Based on this video, where even a guy with basically BiS 100% perfect gear (link) has trouble with Atziri, I'm sure that I would burn through the 6 red portals in about 30 seconds flat. Looks like I'll be selling my midnight shard to someone more worthy.

Honestly, he plays very badly, he gets hit by the flameblasts all the time.

Also, why not using a topaz and ruby flask for this boss???
Seems like one of the main problems is people assuming a standard amount of resists (77%) is sufficient for hard bosses. You can get up to 8% max resist to others from a dedicated aura support char, and theres another +2% max resists on the tree you haven't taken.

A shield helps too, especially if it has max fire resist.

I do have a problem with how rare the midnight shard is though. It basically means the other 3 shards are worthless since apparently you'll get dozens of them, and they don't stack so after getting an initial couple the rest will stay on the ground. It seems like a poor design, it'd be better if they were even spawn rate but overall rates reduced or something so at least you could trade them.
"
Hm, firebalst, stormcall, this looks like a fight for resist flask. You don't need 10k hp if you have resist aura + flask. If you have 90% resist, you need 4k hp.

Good thing I have 100 fire resist lol, I just need the acces now.

And seriously, the skills look easy to doge, the guy in the video plays badly.

And what about DPS?

I strongly doubt you can compete in dps with that dude, especially when holding shield.

And Atziri, if i'm not mistaken, heals during cage phase.

"
D_bak wrote:
77% fire res and the flameblast still takes out like 7k hp...

its as i feared, the new boss is only for the selected few to enjoy
what i hope is that GGG didnt spend too much effort in creating this

Maybe the artists did, but the people behind the balance, design and testing part of it most obviously did not.
The fight is really hard, almost impossible for "only" good gear, that's ok, we can deal with that. We can find a build, a strategy or anything.
That's ok but why the hell should we have to farm low zones like zombies for hours without killing any mob only to have a chance to try this fight?

Atziri's kill is rewarded with awesome uniques but the fight is so hard there is no reason to prevent players from trying ro kill her. I think it would be ok if each fragment had an equal chance to drop, so you still have to farm like 1-2 hours to get to the apex

My feeling right now is that I and many others have spent a lot of money to support the game, and GGG used a part of this money to create a super fight that we can't even access!
I was ready to upgrade my supporter pack but now... they just took one of the worst point of the game - the map loot system, high level map pool hard to sustain - and they added another layer of RNG.

I can't support this direction when you have to spent a lot of currency to pay a ticket to new content. Please GGG reconsider how much luck one needs to access this fight. All these Ctrl clicking are quickly turning me away from the game.
I'm curious about how ridiculous the puncture is. It didn't phase the guy in the video, but he had 10k health and leeched 2k life per second.
Has anyone noted the time at which they got their pieces? I doubt it but I wonder if each piece drops more often, or only at, the time in the name, since dusk seems to be the most common one and also the time that probably has the most players.
"
Porcoflic wrote:
The fight is really hard, almost impossible for "only" good gear, that's ok, we can deal with that. We can find a build, a strategy or anything.
That's ok but why the hell should we have to farm low zones like zombies for hours without killing any mob only to have a chance to try this fight?

Atziri's kill is rewarded with awesome uniques but the fight is so hard there is no reason to prevent players from trying ro kill her. I think it would be ok if each fragment had an equal chance to drop, so you still have to farm like 1-2 hours to get to the apex

My feeling right now is that I and many others have spent a lot of money to support the game, and GGG used a part of this money to create a super fight that we can't even access!
I was ready to upgrade my supporter pack but now... they just took one of the worst point of the game - the map loot system, high level map pool hard to sustain - and they added another layer of RNG.

I can't support this direction when you have to spent a lot of currency to pay a ticket to new content. Please GGG reconsider how much luck one needs to access this fight. All these Ctrl clicking are quickly turning me away from the game.

Can't say it better.
The only guy on my fd list who has ever reached the queen is a RMT warrior.
You won't have my gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info