Haha, Changed the Title.

If ggg knew wtf they were doing new boss would've been giant loot chest.

It's all downhill after that first zombie
Hey guys,

So this is just some information I have gathered from farming for the fragments. I think we can all agree that each fragment has a different drop rate. I believe this has to do with Item level.

While farming Act 1 Cruel I was getting a fragment drop from about 90% of the corrupted zones I entered. Like most of you the drop distribution is as follows. 7 Sacrifice at Dusk, 6 Sacrifice at Dusk, 2 Sacrifice at Noon, and 0 Sacrifice at Midnight. The lowest Item Level of my Fragments is 36. It could be argued that this is because Act 1 Cruel starts with a level 35 zone but I am interested to see other peoples findings. This would make sense because I don't believe GGG wants players grinding normal with level 60+ characters.

What I am wondering is -

A) What is the lowest level instance of each fragment dropping? (could it be that people farming Normal Mudflats come up empty handed because they can't drop there?)

B) If Dusk, Dawn and Noon can all drop at lower levels, is Midnight the only fragment with a minimum Item Level attached to it? (this would explain its rarity. Midnight will never drop below (X)Item Level.)

Here are my fragments as proof.

Post your lowest Item levels so we can see if there is a pattern.

I got all of mine in cruel but I know of at least 1 person who did them in merc and also did not get midnights, still skewed the same way.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
rrtson wrote:
Based on this video, where even a guy with basically BiS 100% perfect gear (link) has trouble with Atziri, I'm sure that I would burn through the 6 red portals in about 30 seconds flat. Looks like I'll be selling my midnight shard to someone more worthy.

What kind of bullshit is this? Spamming AoE One Shot skills of every element in 90% of the Area?!

Does GGG really believe there will be 50 players in Invasion doing this?

How about unnerfing the Scion Life Wheel first, then give Rings and Amulets +99 life again, Kaoms Heart 1000 Life again, allow 23% quality rolls removed with the last 1.10 patch on vaal orbs and add side effects such as +10 max resistance so every character can have 95% resist?

Hey GGG I got a good idea for your next gameproject.. Try bullethell games.
One Shot difficulties are common and also 90% of the screen is covered with bullets.
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
Based on this video, where even a guy with basically BiS 100% perfect gear (link) has trouble with Atziri, I'm sure that I would burn through the 6 red portals in about 30 seconds flat. Looks like I'll be selling my midnight shard to someone more worthy.

What kind of bullshit is this? Spamming AoE One Shot skills of every element in 90% of the Area?!

How about unnerfing the Scion Life Wheel first, then give Rings and Amulets +99 life again, Kaoms Heart 1000 Life again, allow 23% quality rolls removed with the last 1.10 patch on vaal orbs and add side effects such as +10 max resistance so every character can have 95% resist?

One Shot difficulties are common and also 90% of the screen is covered with bullets.

Noted it down. Cheers
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:

Well, at least you know that she will 100% one shot everyone with less than 7 000 life and 77/77/77/75 resists.

And if you dare to group up, she will 100% one shot whole group no matter what.

As for me - brilliant game design.
I'm a little baffled as to how this mini expansion could be hyped up with the end result being a new boss battle that takes forever to get the right amount of RNG to even gain access to it and then you have to seriosly ask yourself whether or not your lvl 80 or so character even has a chance of killing her. I would hate to spend all of the effort to get to the fight just to realize that I didn't have a chance in the first place. I imagine that would be super frustrating to many players. I would really like to know how many players out of the entire playerbase are going to A) Gain access to the new fights with all the fragments, B) Complete it.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
I would really like to know how many players out of the entire playerbase are going to A) Gain access to the new fights with all the fragments, B) Complete it.

In the new leagues, very few. However the content will still be around a year from now and forever. It's just not meant to be completed just by anybody. It takes the best of the best. And I like that. I may just be mediocre (or even a crap player), but the challenge is fantastic! I prefer these updates of making things more difficult, rather than dumbing down of the game (ie. D3).
9200 hp and he still gets near insta gibbed every 10 seconds from an entire screen of aoe. I felt like i watching enraged bosses with laser beams and lava. worst yet, she doesnt drop shit for loot.

I am one for hardcore gaming but this is sadistic and further pushes the game into path of defensives.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 10, 2014, 1:38:36 AM
"
amano_jyaku wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
I would really like to know how many players out of the entire playerbase are going to A) Gain access to the new fights with all the fragments, B) Complete it.

In the new leagues, very few. However the content will still be around a year from now and forever. It's just not meant to be completed just by anybody. It takes the best of the best. And I like that. I may just be mediocre (or even a crap player), but the challenge is fantastic! I prefer these updates of making things more difficult, rather than dumbing down of the game (ie. D3).

This game isn't really skill based. The guy who beat it above was using BiS gear to do it. I wouldn't have a problem if I just needed to learn how to do the battle to win but if If I have to spend 100 exalts to get the necessary gear to beat her then thats just ridiculous. Right now the guy that I want to use has max resists, 6 end charges, 50/50 block, around 25000 melee AOE damage, and 4k health, and if thats not enough to do it then I don't really know what to do.

Edit: With this partiular build I have no idea how to get much more health. I could replace a couple pieces of gear and respec off of some damage into more health but I still wouldn't crack 5k health.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Mar 10, 2014, 1:41:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info