Haha, Changed the Title.

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
amano_jyaku wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
I would really like to know how many players out of the entire playerbase are going to A) Gain access to the new fights with all the fragments, B) Complete it.

In the new leagues, very few. However the content will still be around a year from now and forever. It's just not meant to be completed just by anybody. It takes the best of the best. And I like that. I may just be mediocre (or even a crap player), but the challenge is fantastic! I prefer these updates of making things more difficult, rather than dumbing down of the game (ie. D3).

This game isn't really skill based. The guy who beat it above was using BiS gear to do it. I wouldn't have a problem if I just needed to learn how to do the battle to win but if If I have to spend 100 exalts to get the necessary gear to beat her then thats just ridiculous. Right now the guy that I want to use has max resists, 6 end charges, 50/50 block, around 25000 melee AOE damage, and 4k health, and if thats not enough to do it then I don't really know what to do.

Edit: With this partiular build I have no idea how to get much more health. I could replace a couple pieces of gear and respec off of some damage into more health but I still wouldn't crack 5k health.

life is only semi viable with koams or a heavy investment of block.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
iamstryker wrote:

This game isn't really skill based. The guy who beat it above was using BiS gear to do it. I wouldn't have a problem if I just needed to learn how to do the battle to win but if If I have to spend 100 exalts to get the necessary gear to beat her then thats just ridiculous. Right now the guy that I want to use has max resists, 6 end charges, 50/50 block, around 25000 melee AOE damage, and 4k health, and if thats not enough to do it then I don't really know what to do.

Edit: With this partiular build I have no idea how to get much more health. I could replace a couple pieces of gear and respec off of some damage into more health but I still wouldn't crack 5k health.

Simple.

Get 2 summoner friends.

Have each get 4-5 Undying Evangelist specters.
Gem them with life leech, increased duration and increased AoE.

Fill the rest of your team out with as much DPS as you can muster.

Everyone sits in the 8-10 giant bubbles that will have the team take zero damage and also reflect, and melt the bitch.

Summoners then mash Skeles + Zombies on her to keep aggro off players, while everyone makes sure they are in a bubble. Enfeeble + Temp chains her to massively lower the threat.

GG, GGG ;)

I was going to solo it with 5 of them(evangelists), once I got the map pieces, but I figure I'd let the cat out of the bag, and share my strat ;)

No wacky gear needed past some Bones of Ullr and a Queen's Decree.
Last edited by gr00grams on Mar 10, 2014, 1:52:06 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
The guy who beat it above was using BiS gear to do it. I wouldn't have a problem if I just needed to learn how to do the battle to win but if If I have to spend 100 exalts to get the necessary gear to beat her then thats just ridiculous.

From watching the video, it looked like he's reaction to some of the things going on the battle was quite slow (perhaps lag was involved too), and only survived through it cuz of his BiS gears. So perhaps performing perfectly (rather than having perfect gears) maybe possible even with "decent gears". Will find out, as soon as more people attempt her.
Kind of worried ambush might not be able to do it other than for RMTers and people who MF 10 hours a day.

My summoner will have 5000 hp + 3000mana shield by the time she's 90 but if the boss will still 1 shot me and my 7k hp zombies then it feels kinda pointless.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
amano_jyaku wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
I would really like to know how many players out of the entire playerbase are going to A) Gain access to the new fights with all the fragments, B) Complete it.

In the new leagues, very few. However the content will still be around a year from now and forever. It's just not meant to be completed just by anybody. It takes the best of the best. And I like that. I may just be mediocre (or even a crap player), but the challenge is fantastic! I prefer these updates of making things more difficult, rather than dumbing down of the game (ie. D3).

While I'm not saying good gear isn't required, keep a couple things in mind,

there was a pattern, and safe zones. It *looked * like flameblast, fire, was a main dmg type, which you can get above 90%.

He was using a 2h weapon as well. So, while the build viability may be smaller, and it should be, you don't need BiS gear.

Now, invasion kills they dawn well better record. Same for anyone who attempts it in HC
I'm Disappointed
Шось? (IGN: Owner)
77% fire res and the flameblast still takes out like 7k hp...

its as i feared, the new boss is only for the selected few to enjoy
what i hope is that GGG didnt spend too much effort in creating this
Sometimes there is fire, you have to not be in the fire. Even with 77% fire res.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
gr00grams wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

Simple.

Get 2 summoner friends.

Have each get 4-5 Undying Evangelist specters.
Gem them with life leech, increased duration and increased AoE.

Fill the rest of your team out with as much DPS as you can muster.

Everyone sits in the 8-10 giant bubbles that will have the team take zero damage and also reflect, and melt the bitch.

Summoners then mash Skeles + Zombies on her to keep aggro off players, while everyone makes sure they are in a bubble. Enfeeble + Temp chains her to massively lower the threat.

GG, GGG ;)

I was going to solo it with 5 of them(evangelists), once I got the map pieces, but I figure I'd let the cat out of the bag, and share my strat ;)

No wacky gear needed past some Bones of Ullr and a Queen's Decree.

Don't think that will work. Proximity shield only protect you from attack originated from outside. Flameblast is centered on the ground and expand outwards, proximity wont protect you from it. Even if you do survive a blast, your evangelist won't. Consider that guy has BiS gear and it took him that long to kill her, in a party you better be sure no one mess up or it will be impossible (she heals during the "caged" phase)

"
Dan1986 wrote:
Midnight doesnt go for 1 ex.

Assume that a palace 78 goes for 2 ex atm. Also assume Queen Atzari can drop several uniques, the average worth 15 exalt. (More information is needed here. Does she always drop one? There are no fixed prices for those uniques available either as of now)

Also assume that the apex of sacrifice gives more exp than a 78 map.

Under those conditions, a midnight, which is in effect the only thing needed to get to the apex (there are 1000 of other fragments circulating right now), should be roughly worth around 5-10 ex. Atm maybe more because of the hype and so many people who want to fight her just to see the new content.

A more reasonable long-term price would be 4-6 ex from my perspective.

Having said this note that I don't have one atm and I haven't found one either. I gave up farming corrupted areas already, not worth the time compared to mapping imho. It also gets boring pretty fast because the areas are so easy.

Personally I think I have a build that can take her down, but I'm not spending 15 ex just to try. That's just stupid. NOBODY should spend exalts just to fight a boss, and no this is completely different from palace map. Apex is only a lvl 70 area....you won't get any exp or i78 crafting gears. Basically its just a alternate Merc Dom fight. Except where she 1 shot you if you don't have BiS gear, and you need to pay minimum 10 ex to enter. She can drop some special uniques, which are good but no way op.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
Last edited by thinkingofaname on Mar 10, 2014, 3:09:34 AM
"
holocaustus wrote:
Sometimes there is fire, you have to not be in the fire. Even with 77% fire res.
And sometimes the whole world is fire.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info