Haha, Changed the Title.

"
Bunnu wrote:
Has anyone noted the time at which they got their pieces? I doubt it but I wonder if each piece drops more often, or only at, the time in the name, since dusk seems to be the most common one and also the time that probably has the most players.

That's an interesting perspective, and one that actually makes sense. Hmmm....
"
amano_jyaku wrote:
"
Bunnu wrote:
Has anyone noted the time at which they got their pieces? I doubt it but I wonder if each piece drops more often, or only at, the time in the name, since dusk seems to be the most common one and also the time that probably has the most players.

That's an interesting perspective, and one that actually makes sense. Hmmm....

Shhh. Stop that thought right now. I need to sell 2 more of them to mirror the new sacrificial garb.
IGN: Smegacore
Map pieces -> Keys in Diablo 2 (Uber Tristam).
Azari -> Uber Bosses.

Both of them (Keys and Uber Bosses) were extremely difficult.

Well... I've to say that when you had a high-end character, uber bosses became easier.

Maybe I'll not be able to kill Azari in a near future, but I like that the game has this kind of uber bosses to make it more challenger.
"
amano_jyaku wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
The guy who beat it above was using BiS gear to do it. I wouldn't have a problem if I just needed to learn how to do the battle to win but if If I have to spend 100 exalts to get the necessary gear to beat her then thats just ridiculous.

From watching the video, it looked like he's reaction to some of the things going on the battle was quite slow (perhaps lag was involved too), and only survived through it cuz of his BiS gears. So perhaps performing perfectly (rather than having perfect gears) maybe possible even with "decent gears". Will find out, as soon as more people attempt her.

Bolded, cause you can't achieve that with desync. Also it seems to me that a quick movement speed is required, in the video this was leap slam.

Also, in this particular fight, cyclone seems to be a very bad choice since there's constant aoe being spawned and you can't stop during it's use.

Also, can ggg say at which level and gear the fight was designed for? Because to me it look way way way overtuned. Like if dominus was too hard, then this fight is easily x4, difficulty is ofc yet again not measured in player skill, but their characters health pool.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
"
Bunnu wrote:

That's an interesting idea but would it be NZ time? local time? If it's local time, midnight would be more common than noon, and if it's NZ time, dusk would not be so common.

Anyway, you should open a thread about it to gather data.
This would be a nice and funny system, way better than pure RNG.
While you people suffer with gathering loot to get more loot from yet another map im playing diablo3 looting stuff to get more powerful in order to enchant that loot with the expansion so nothing that i find now is wasted.

feels good to take a break from poe and read all the bullshit GGG is implementing , makes me forget about trifecta nerf from blizzard.
"
Porcoflic wrote:

My feeling right now is that I and many others have spent a lot of money to support the game, and GGG used a part of this money to create a super fight that we can't even access!
I was ready to upgrade my supporter pack but now... they just took one of the worst point of the game - the map loot system, high level map pool hard to sustain - and they added another layer of RNG.

I can't support this direction when you have to spent a lot of currency to pay a ticket to new content.

This ^.

GGG seems more devoted to create stuff and new contents for a very small minority of players... I hope this small minority will be enough to continue funding the further development of the game.

I've got to the point that I'm not even expecting the release of Act 4 anymore as it would probably involve yet more infuriating RNG and yet more frustrating one shot demises.

My idea of ENJOYMENT in a game is to derive FUN out of playing it and being able - given time and dedication - to access ALL of it's contents.

The endless grinding is feeling as enjoyable as IRL work because the rewards have no common measure with the efforts/risks involved.

The gambling GGG pretends to be crafting is pushing things too far: why call an item "Orb of fusing" if applying it to an object may result in removing all links from it ? At least the Jewelers Orb leaves one socket in the worst of cases, why not being able to suppress it as well to balance RNG even more against the player and make the game more "Hardcore" ?

Hardcore should not have to mean "less enjoyable", it's not supposed to be a synonym for "frustrating", "unfair" or "RMT galore"... Hardcore should mean you will eventually reach and enjoy every content available providing you're ready to invest time playing the game - max time being already limited due to temporary leagues only lasting 4 months, playing in Standard is not the solution either as every 4 months the economy gets even more corrupted and existing chars have to be respecced due to "balancing" stuff to make them usually less effective for the sake of PVP or other features the vast majority of players couldn't care less about.
"
Kechop wrote:
While you people suffer with gathering loot to get more loot from yet another map im playing diablo3 looting stuff to get more powerful in order to enchant that loot with the expansion so nothing that i find now is wasted.

feels good to take a break from poe and read all the bullshit GGG is implementing , makes me forget about trifecta nerf from blizzard.

lol you still here
IGN: Smegacore
"
Mordron wrote:
"
Porcoflic wrote:

My feeling right now is that I and many others have spent a lot of money to support the game, and GGG used a part of this money to create a super fight that we can't even access!
I was ready to upgrade my supporter pack but now... they just took one of the worst point of the game - the map loot system, high level map pool hard to sustain - and they added another layer of RNG.

I can't support this direction when you have to spent a lot of currency to pay a ticket to new content.

This ^.

GGG seems more devoted to create stuff and new contents for a very small minority of players... I hope this small minority will be enough to continue funding the further development of the game.

I've got to the point that I'm not even expecting the release of Act 4 anymore as it would probably involve yet more infuriating RNG and yet more frustrating one shot demises.

My idea of ENJOYMENT in a game is to derive FUN out of playing it and being able - given time and dedication - to access ALL of it's contents.

The endless grinding is feeling as enjoyable as IRL work because the rewards have no common measure with the efforts/risks involved.

The gambling GGG pretends to be crafting is pushing things too far: why call an item "Orb of fusing" if applying it to an object may result in removing all links from it ? At least the Jewelers Orb leaves one socket in the worst of cases, why not being able to suppress it as well to balance RNG even more against the player and make the game more "Hardcore" ?

Hardcore should not have to mean "less enjoyable", it's not supposed to be a synonym for "frustrating", "unfair" or "RMT galore"... Hardcore should mean you will eventually reach and enjoy every content available providing you're ready to invest time playing the game - max time being already limited due to temporary leagues only lasting 4 months, playing in Standard is not the solution either as every 4 months the economy gets even more corrupted and existing chars have to be respecced due to "balancing" stuff to make them usually less effective for the sake of PVP or other features the vast majority of players couldn't care less about.

too much whining here...there was SO MUCH CONTENT in this patch that anyone can access, and youre complaining about the final (optional) bossfight. Atziri is meant to be difficult to get to, and meant to be difficult to complete. thats what gives a sense of reward to those who do. suck it up.
I dont know, the only new content besides the queen are the corrupted zones which are very easy with decent gear in merciless...it gets boring very soon with all the RNG involved.

What we need is as many people suggested:

- either corrupted zones in maps, or
- chance to drop fragments by map bosses
- apex of sacrifice monster level 80 for more exp making it more attractive to highest level players

This in effect would lead to more peoples' access of the apex. The uniques' drop chance had to be lowered if it was a 100% chance right now (I am not sure).
But I highly doubt any of those changes will happen before the price (50 mtx) has been given out in the new leagues.

If you think about the boss fight itself, it is a good one.
There is only one video and the guy didn't play his best maybe he was nervous? Maybe he didn't know the pattern of the spells yet?
I believe a lot of optimization can be done here. Dodging spells etc. Also use items to multicurse and cast temp chains/enfeeble always. Otherwise she will attack too fast.
Nontheless I think you can die very easily in there if you don't have 9k+ life. Like a tiny mistake, a little desynch into flameblast or similar, espeically in Invasion league, could be devastating.
Also any strategy like having a summoner to block etc. won't do the job as Atziri will wipe everything out with a single AOE attack. Having archers at the back shooting her? From my experience playing as a ranger she'd instantly target them with some spell (as many other bosses do in POE), so they had to run around constantly as well.
I cannot think of any strategy besides the one we have seen: Being a massive tank, high res, high life, so you can even survive burst dmg. Vaal immortal call might be something to try though.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Mar 10, 2014, 9:03:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info