Haha, Changed the Title.

"
Earthshakur wrote:
If we treat the whole map as the face of a clock, with the fragments breaking up the clock separating the different sections indicating the seconds required to kill the boss, maybe the map fragments point to the speed of the kill upon entrance of the corrupted area. So maybe from 0-15 seconds is required for Midnight, assigned to the upper right side of the clock, Dawn being 15-30, Noon being 30-45, and lastly Dusk being 45-60. And then maybe it continues for the next minute. Anyone able to burst down the boss seconds and pop the chest seconds within entering? I'd try this myself if I could. Just a thought, and let me know if it works! Best area I've found so far that's real short is the one that spawns off Mud Flats, the Sunken Shingle.

That is a good idea, something that rewards the players that are able to kill the boss fast.

It probably works in conjunction with the level of the corrupted area otherwise you would just have to farm them in normal.
"
nick2B wrote:
"
Earthshakur wrote:
If we treat the whole map as the face of a clock, with the fragments breaking up the clock separating the different sections indicating the seconds required to kill the boss, maybe the map fragments point to the speed of the kill upon entrance of the corrupted area. So maybe from 0-15 seconds is required for Midnight, assigned to the upper right side of the clock, Dawn being 15-30, Noon being 30-45, and lastly Dusk being 45-60. And then maybe it continues for the next minute. Anyone able to burst down the boss seconds and pop the chest seconds within entering? I'd try this myself if I could. Just a thought, and let me know if it works! Best area I've found so far that's real short is the one that spawns off Mud Flats, the Sunken Shingle.

That is a good idea, something that rewards the players that are able to kill the boss fast.

It probably works in conjunction with the level of the corrupted area otherwise you would just have to farm them in normal.

I just think that this would make the most sense as acting as sort of a "DPS" or "Gear check" in a way similar to MMOs prepping you for a raid boss, as Atziri is essentially one. Only the most geared/skilled/highest dps would be able to blaze through a corrupted area fast enough, and be able to kill Atziri.
"
Earthshakur wrote:
"
nick2B wrote:
"
Earthshakur wrote:

I just think that this would make the most sense as acting as sort of a "DPS" or "Gear check" in a way similar to MMOs prepping you for a raid boss, as Atziri is essentially one. Only the most geared/skilled/highest dps would be able to blaze through a corrupted area fast enough, and be able to kill Atziri.

This makes a lot of sense. I'll test it later and I'll let you know about the results.
IGN Ambush - Szybciochem
IGN Standard - Szybcioch
"
Earthshakur wrote:

I don't think it works this way. I've gotten all shards but Midnight and I usually take about 3 minutes to clear each area.

Also, it's not possible to make it to some bosses in 15 seconds, even if you have a fast mobility skill.
Skipped all mobs in stagnant canal using a quicksilver, opened the vessel immediately after burned the snake within 5 or maybe 7 seconds, got a dusk.

Similar situation in Sarn's, got a dawn.
You won't have my gear.
maybe using a vaal gem for killing blow increases chances? haven't used any vaal gems yet and dont really feel like it tho..
How to "farm" midnight fragments - the definitive guide

1. Play Path of trade chat/flipping/scamming newbs/poe.xyz
2. Don't kill a single monster ever
3. Never leave lyoneyes in normal with your level 25
4. Make them exalteds
5. Pay ~20 exalteds to the one in a 100 000 players to get lucky to drop one while leveling

Congratulations, you are now "correctly farming" fragments, no buldozers required.

What if one hour (4 x 15 mn) was the equivalent of a day cycle, whatever the time zone you are in?

In other words:

- from xx.00 to xx.15, it would be dawn
- from xx.16 to xx.30, it would be noon
- from xx.31 to xx.45, it would be dusk
- from xx.46 to yy.00, it would be midnight

Or (trickier and explaning the apparent inconsistency in drop rates):

- from xx.01 to xx.29, it would be dawn
- at xx.30 precisely, it would be noon
- from xx.31 to xx.59, it would be dusk
- at yy.00 precisely, it would be midnight

I think the latter hypothesis is more likely to be the right thinking somehow, because there's a difference in the meaning of dawn/dusk (morning and evening basically) on one hand and noon/midnight (precise moments of the day) on the other hand.

My two cents, I'll have to try this myself.
Last edited by Feofar on Mar 12, 2014, 1:11:46 PM
"
NameIsDon wrote:
Skipped all mobs in stagnant canal using a quicksilver, opened the vessel immediately after burned the snake within 5 or maybe 7 seconds, got a dusk.

Similar situation in Sarn's, got a dawn.

Dang, well thanks. Back to square 1 I guess. Was worth a shot. That's some crazy speed, was that on Merciless? What kind of build were you using?
Stupid question: is there a way to display some in-game time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info