Haha, Changed the Title.

"
Bunnu wrote:

"
I didn't say you don't play so I can't speak for the other guy but what you said was blatantly wrong. So I called it clueless.

There, is that enough of an explanation for you?

Okay, I'll clarify/rephrase: Desync is possible in a square empty room, but if you do, the problem is likely on your end rather than GGG's.

Still blatantly wrong, still clueless.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"

Since beta, I nor any of my friends who play have had any desync in that scenario. We have noted that internet issues and desync look similar in-game, because if your internet drops for a moment or has a bump in connection or anything like that, your client still thinks your connected while nothing is happening on the server. Something has to actually be happening for you to desync, and there's next-to-no variables in a square empty room to make you desync. You want to provide some information yourself or do you want to make more baseless accusations, because you're the one who sounds blatantly wrong and clueless to me.
Last edited by Bunnu on Mar 11, 2014, 10:46:27 PM
"
Rhys wrote:

Oh, hmm. Yeah, I changed my mind about what I was going to say halfway through my post and forgot to remove the quote. Fixed.

Reflect and spike damage? Sure, there's some. But there's also a whole bunch of new shit going on that no other monsters are doing.

Flashbacks of the good old days, when I used to help my guild figure out the new raid mechanics in EQ.

Not that I'll reach Atzi anytime soon. I just don't have the play time these days.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Mar 11, 2014, 11:22:33 PM
Skimming through some of these pages, some of you act like you have never played an rpg before. Of course the endgame stuff is hard to get to. Yes, it's going to be hard. This game is not for casuals. There is no LFR in this game. Just because you level to 80 in docks doesn't mean everything should be open to you.
"
roguemjb wrote:
Skimming through some of these pages, some of you act like you have never played an rpg before. Of course the endgame stuff is hard to get to. Yes, it's going to be hard. This game is not for casuals. There is no LFR in this game. Just because you level to 80 in docks doesn't mean everything should be open to you.

You apparently are not familiar with the concept of difficulty vs random time wasting. Atziri herself is difficult. Running through zones that are 30 levels under your character and hoping the right piece drops is not. It's a time waster.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:

You apparently are not familiar with the concept of difficulty vs random time wasting. Atziri herself is difficult. Running through zones that are 30 levels under your character and hoping the right piece drops is not. It's a time waster.

This, this and...this again. Too many people don't make the difference between random grind luck and difficulty, making most of the interesting forum thread going crazy since open beta.

RANDOM IS NOT HARD :)
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
Kagari wrote:

This, this and...this again. Too many people don't make the difference between random grind luck and difficulty, making most of the interesting forum thread going crazy since open beta.

RANDOM IS NOT HARD :)

It all depends. If it turns out that there is indeed a way to make midnight drop reliably then figuring it out was indeed hard and we should feel bad for crying about it. But the jury is still out.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Bunnu wrote:
"

Since beta, I nor any of my friends who play have had any desync in that scenario. We have noted that internet issues and desync look similar in-game, because if your internet drops for a moment or has a bump in connection or anything like that, your client still thinks your connected while nothing is happening on the server. Something has to actually be happening for you to desync, and there's next-to-no variables in a square empty room to make you desync. You want to provide some information yourself or do you want to make more baseless accusations, because you're the one who sounds blatantly wrong and clueless to me.

The variables are the abilities the boss is doing to cover the entire room.

I play from Singapore, Singapore has some of the fastest connections in the world and there is a PoE Gateway in the city! So your personal anecdotes don't mean anything to me. The problems in this game are all server side, either desync or server stability.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"

The ones that haven't hit you yet because they 1-shot you? How do you get desynced by something that hasn't happened yet?

GGG certainly has some work to do with improving desync but my point is if there is an issue* in a game that is affecting some players and not all players, I can't help but think it is something on the affected player's end.

*by issue, I mean "desyncing in an empty room", not "desync in general"
"
Bunnu wrote:
"

The ones that haven't hit you yet because they 1-shot you? How do you get desynced by something that hasn't happened yet?

GGG certainly has some work to do with improving desync but my point is if there is an issue* in a game that is affecting some players and not all players, I can't help but think it is something on the affected player's end.

*by issue, I mean "desyncing in an empty room", not "desync in general"

Cant you desynch from enemy collision when you try to move past/through them when they are not exactly where they appear to be because of communication lag?
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info