Haha, Changed the Title.

It's pretty clear the fragments have different drop rates.

A few of them are quite common, one is less common, one is super rare.
"
Bunnu wrote:
I think it may be based on the minutes of the hour when you loot the vaal chest. For example, let's say the time is the following:

2:01-2:29 - Dawn
2:30 - Noon
2:31-2:59 - Dusk
3:00 - Midnight

I got a Dawn at 20:42.
"just for try, for see and for know"
To be sure we should take screenshots the exact moment the boss dies and the vessel is opened.

The times will be in the file attributes and the drop can be seen in the second screenshot.
"
Zaqwert wrote:
It's pretty clear the fragments have different drop rates.

A few of them are quite common, one is less common, one is super rare.

At least at this point you are right.

But according to:
"
Rhys wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the community

1) Figuring out how to farm fragments correctly[...]

this might change and I realy hope so...

Also some dev (I don't recall the exact comment) mentioned there will be other uses for excess fragments.

EDIT:
The wiki states that Midnight only drops in zones ≥ lvl60 but I still hope thers more to it than just farming high level zones...
Last edited by Oztafan on Mar 11, 2014, 7:12:41 PM
Dawn, Dusk, Noon, Midnight

Pretty sure it has something to do with the time.

Midnight is 12, an hour is 5x12 minutes. Following that logic, a midnight might drop in the 12th, 24th, 36th, 48th and 60th/1st minute of an hour.

But does the time set when you enter a corrupted area or when you open the vaal vessel?
Last edited by Killabytes on Mar 11, 2014, 7:25:04 PM

Since the fragments are called Sacrifice at xxx it feels like it must have to do with the death of something.

So my guess is that if it is time based the time of the boss kill should be the one that counts.

I will try and make some experiment when I have some time to play. Anyway I like the idea of some hidden mechanics behind the farming of fragments :)
"
rrtson wrote:
Based on this video, where even a guy with basically BiS 100% perfect gear (link) has trouble with Atziri, I'm sure that I would burn through the 6 red portals in about 30 seconds flat. Looks like I'll be selling my midnight shard to someone more worthy.

the sad thing is that this Boosfight is so boring. All she does is Casting massive AoEs that will Oneshot decent geared characters. You simply cant avoid everything thx to desync (it got less atleast for me but desync is still a huge issue that keeps me away from HC). I expected much more from this Fight. Atleast the Vaal areas are amazing (alot of the bosses are a real challenge even on Normal) and the Vaal Gems are fun (love the Ice Nova and Detonate Dead).

The char in this video had 77% Fire Res and took 6,5-7k dmg from a Flameblast... how much more dmg does she deal vs a 4 man group? :P
Has anyone experimented with killing bosses at differnet HP levels?

Maybe the fragment you get is dependent on how low HP you get during the fight, or maybe even at the killing blow.

That could be the sacrafice angle, would make getting the low HP one particularly dangerous.
I kill the bosses with 9 life. Never found a midnight, have around 10 fragments.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
"
Yogofu wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
Based on this video, where even a guy with basically BiS 100% perfect gear (link) has trouble with Atziri, I'm sure that I would burn through the 6 red portals in about 30 seconds flat. Looks like I'll be selling my midnight shard to someone more worthy.

the sad thing is that this Boosfight is so boring. All she does is Casting massive AoEs that will Oneshot decent geared characters. You simply cant avoid everything thx to desync (it got less atleast for me but desync is still a huge issue that keeps me away from HC). I expected much more from this Fight. Atleast the Vaal areas are amazing (alot of the bosses are a real challenge even on Normal) and the Vaal Gems are fun (love the Ice Nova and Detonate Dead).

The char in this video had 77% Fire Res and took 6,5-7k dmg from a Flameblast... how much more dmg does she deal vs a 4 man group? :P

None

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info