Haha, Changed the Title.

"
holocaustus wrote:
"
Jynxxx wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:

That's great, Rhys. But as it stands, most people don't even get that far as to try the fight. How about at least a clue as to obtaining midnight shards, if there even is a way apart from RNG.
I did Vaults of Atziri and found all four pieces in the same map. So try there maybe?

That can't be the "correct" way to farm them he was referring to.

At least i hope it's not right as it involves even more RNG.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
That's why they nerfed spell block? Because she hits like a wet noodle but one wrong move and you're toast from her spells?

Spoiler

As for farming fragments i have no idea. Is the dev saying we can force a corrupted zone to spawn whenever we feel like it and if we're running around like headless chickens and resetting the instance untill we find one the wrong way?

edit: didn't give much thought into it but name of pieces go by daytime. If teh pieces do drop around that daytime, which time is taken into account? Is it the server time, local time, new zeland time or ingame time. The game doesn't really have a day/night cycle so i guess that doesn't count.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
Last edited by Pivovar on Mar 11, 2014, 7:28:09 AM
Got

then 30mins later

both from catacombs corrupted area.

If its time based it wont be quartered days, maybe quartered hours?

Edit: Could have been luck also, it may go from daily time with higher chance rather than 100% chance.
Last edited by Lexmore on Mar 11, 2014, 7:38:04 AM
I've run corrupted areas at various times of day, back to back, never a midnight drop. Unless it's something ridiculous like 0.0002% increased chance I doubt that's it.

Only thing I haven't tried is grinding areas in act 2 when the shadow of the vaal darkness is happening.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
wtf guys if u cant realy farm corrupted areas for map pieces... if its too hard for u.. go play casual games :D
why u thinking ur can kill her after that ?? :D

few weeks after expansion - WE CANT FIND PIECES :'(

ahahhah :D we still (at least) have 3+ month, so PUSH IT HARD =)
OneShotCity

Last edited by Timetochill on Mar 11, 2014, 8:20:47 AM
"
Timetochill wrote:
wtf guys if u cant realy farm corrupted areas for map pieces... if its too hard for u.. go play casual games :D
why u thinking ur can kill her after that ?? :D

few weeks after expansion - WE CANT FIND PIECES :'(

ahahhah :D we still (at least) have 3+ month, so PUSH IT HARD =)

Can someone translate this please? I was going to respond to it but decided that I don't understand it enough to do so adequately.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Mar 11, 2014, 8:36:53 AM
"
Rhys wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the community

1) Figuring out how to farm fragments correctly, and
2) Figuring out the mechanics of the boss battles.

All the superstitions and initial knee-jerk reactions are amusing, sure, but it'll be very interesting to see what people can do once they figure out all the details and realize what's actually happening.

Are you stating that there is some way to make particular pieces spawn more easily?
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
I've been farming Midnights exclusively made over 500ex so far doing it.
Remember the fireworks secret in Mario Bros?
Think about it for a minute.
"
Atziri doesnt even spawn with -max maps, or curse you, you can literally get 100 res to fire / light and make fun of her flameblast / red storm.

Wrong corrupted level 79 Vaal Temple Map.

"
1) Figuring out how to farm fragments correctly, and
2) Figuring out the mechanics of the boss battles.

If Midnight is based on playtime meaning you must play 24h to find Midnight Fragments I will make sure Putin will invade New Zealand next because I claim the majority of sheep want to become Russians! Now you even need botlike Grinding? Stop naming this game an ARPG already and name it Asia Grinder without any PVP elements ever coming into the game.

It's certainly not based on System Time or NZ time because everybody got issues with Sacrifice at midnight!
And YES on saturday I did corrupted Zone runs in all difficulties yet I found only Dusk, Dawn and Noon.
And you can be certain I did a corrupted zone at midnight.
And as you can see I killed all invaders and cleared all corrupted zones.

"
All the superstitions and initial knee-jerk reactions are amusing, sure, but it'll be very interesting to see what people can do once they figure out all the details and realize what's actually happening.

You will have 1k players at steamcharts soon that's happning because you believe One Shot Bullshit makes games hard.

"
Are you absolutely suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure about that?

You added 10k chaos damage into the attacks?
What happened to:"If the community doesn't like something we will remove it"
The community hates Chaos res why is this stupid excuse for CI still in the game and with invaders now omnipresent?

"
Just because you can't see the path through the forest doesn't mean using a bulldozer is the most efficient way through.

That tiny spot aka the 10% that will also be targeted if you camp there?

"
Are you stating that there is some way to make particular pieces spawn more easily

Grind your brains out till you drop dead is my guess.

I did corrupted zone runs 1 entire day I was helping players with corrupted zones so I had like 6 corrupted zones in 1 hour.

For me the corrupted parts got only a use to chisel a rare map.

I gonna laugh if some patch notes say:
"You can no longer add quantity to a map using Sacrifice shards"
Posting resulted in the wrong thread.

Spoiler
"
Even though we've been continually increasing the amount of drops( via Strongboxes, Invasion bosses, rogue exiles, shrines, Vaal secret areas, etc.)

Oh oh here.
They drop garbage just like the random chests and there isn't a Rarity shrine

Remember in CB when rares/bosses couldn't drop white items?
Remember when random Chests weren't trashcans for white junk and id scrolls?
Remember when there was a quantity gem.
Remember when drops were based on player Quantity?
Remember when players used fillers to boost quantity?
Remember when modrolling had equal chances for each mod?
Remember when chance orbs didn't suck?

Remember when you decided to decrease the drop rates to MMORPG level because some nolifing MMORPG player suggested it?

Stop claiming you increased the amount of drops when you made them 3 times worse than any Asia Grinder with OB. There is a reason I quit OB after 2 weeks. I was literally getting level 79 on Docks!

Everybody playing CB knows how good drop rates were back then I remember maps I was solo and had to use all six Tps to sell or drop loot in the lab.
That never happened after OB.
You had some uniques you could only find at high level maps that time.
But now you added random uniques(most of them aren't even good) as maps uniques.

Design level 71+ uniques and everything level 71+ req is map only just like back in CB.
Just throwing some random uniques into a league because they are popular isn't a good solution.

Edit:
"
The balance guys keep making tweaks and such; can't really give much details on it since I don't work on that stuff myself really.

Maybe you should I don't think they do a good job :(

"
Hmm. Is this just a symptom of that first point? I don't think this is mandatory, though. Dunno about "best".

The best is to ripoff players via Trading.

There is also RMT like the high end players do.
You fail to ban them you even fail to ban streamers who should have "cheeze" renamed with "cheats".
How blatant can anybody cheat?! There is no way he can leave without showing the Menu because all reactions on PoE are based on ms.

"
We actually hired a new balance/design guy to do a lot of this and kinda chucked him in the deep end.

And told him to add BIIIIG numbers in the damage table right?

"
there's only like 6 or so bosses that are a bunch tougher than they should be,

Looks like you read my corrupted area bosses posting.
I didn't do any Atziri(midnight fragment and believe me I will only use them to generate orange messages) stuff but I can tell you that 2 of the original Top 6 of stupid bosses will all be replaces by Atziri.

There are only a few bosses I consider as good design, such as the Vaal Flesh Maker fallen or Atziris Chosen(if he wouldn't keep warping every 1,5 seconds in melee range)

But most are either One Shot or barely hitable if certain conditions aren't given(most of the time the condition is cursed) or one shot(and don't come with 60 hits a second aren't one shot)

"
Like, they were given cool skills but aren't using them for whatever reason. Those are also being fixed up (and they won't be OP... I hope...).

Good thing I killed thin useless Hillockclone bla the Impaler before you gave him some speed or fast one shot abilities.

"
It's OK to have a few that are a real challenge, that players learn not to mess with unless they're properly prepared.

NO you don't understand the difference between Skillbased games and Gearbased games.

PoE becomes more and more like D3.

For example the resist node nerf in some areas. Resist nodes were a good way to counter lack of resists on EQ.
Nerfing them destroys the options for players without epic items!

Limiting the amount of Auras by increasing manacosts only creates more of an MMOPRG feeling.
There are proper ways like Aura limit, aura limit based on stats/charges.
And then we get hilarious Claims "BM is more powerful than ever"
Nobody will ever use BM because the left amount of reserved costs is much higher than the 100-500 life you reserved before the Aura change.

"
We also definitely want to give some of the more boring bosses a makeover, too.

Before you do that you should racer try a legacy league with CB settings and just modify the mod pool a bit and you will see which league will contain more players.

"
I'm not entirely clear on your exact point, but I'm guessing something like you feel pressured to trade, which you don't like? Well, you certainly can play and enjoy the game without trading, or with minimal trading, if you so choose. You'll need to temper your expectations accordingly, of cours

You are compelled to trade because the balance guys decided that mods don't roll equally anymore.
A weapon rolling 100+ ed is far less likely than rolling a weapon with 20 ed.
This is the reason why players say crafting if broken.

"
Um, I don't think that's correct. You're not supposed to be 1-shot out of nowhere, if you have reasonable gear. I'm not saying it never happens, but it isn't intended.

See you use gear as an excuse.
And yes you will be one shot out of nowhere because you center the character and have blind spots right and down.

To fix that a solution would be in for example a 5x5 field to not to place the character at (5,5) but to place him at (4,4)
The player needs a feeling to be in the center and there aren't blind spots.
The other fix would be to have a selective AI checking X<X_m and Y<Y_m for example and let it act based on the position so the AI reacts on an oval distance and not on a circle.

"
Huh, you sure he wasn't just joking around or something? I haven't seen the vid, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually feel that way, and I know most of us at GGG would disagree with those statements. I mean, I know a bunch of us really like the thrill of hardcore leagues, and also trading, and strongly feel these are important aspects to the game, but... we ain't so harsh.

His quote is inaccurate and mixed up with another statement.
The origin of this is that according to Athene players only watch HC streams to see the streamer die and there is a really elitilist community.
And he is right. After PoE added One Shot mechanics nobody watched Anarchy streams anymore.
After streamers died they will be insulted by their views as "Scrub" "you suck" etc.
Same thing in the forums several never passing normal/cruel in a HC league pretend to be better players than actually good players.

Then Chris said something like players not liking trading play Default/HC and not on the challenge leagues because they can't keep up to hardcore players.

"
Yeah, having such a small team plus the onus of continually adding more content can do that. Though sometimes we deliberately put off certain things until the end of the 4-month leagues, for example.

The best is not to piss many players off. This means you keep old settings on Default and HC, such as items always drop in their legacy form there.
Several games do that and sometimes start a short timed Legacy League with old settings, where players adapted to newer settings usually suck.

Overpowered builds could be tested in PvP or a PvM arena on a weekly for example by removing support on certain ability. Such as overpowered spells not being able to penetrate resists, or being pushed by concentrated effects.

You can use 4 month leagues to test settings and add or don't add certain features into the game based on community feedback.

And also you should consider that Act 3 still has massive issues such as GPU Load, Multithreading(it literally fried my laptops GPU, so it got permanent damage)
Last edited by Hilbert on Mar 11, 2014, 3:09:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info