[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

Very nice build! Currently I am trying the EB/MOM variation, but using a Cloak of Defiance to save me some chromatics and passive points ( I need them on accuracy/strength/power charge), and planning to switch to Lightning coil + MOM once I get a Vagan's dagger and reach higher level. But it's already super tanky, I don't even dodge dominus' lightning stream now. I have another character running RF Incinerate, with same budget it is much squishier than this build. Also RF build is quite limited that a lot map affixes are hard, but this build basically can do any maps (except for blood magic and no regen I think, but never seen them).

But here is a question, normally I just use fireball + arctic breath like you, but wonder if switch one of them for +fire/cold resistance maps would be better. My choice is fireball + firestorm for cold resistance map and arctic breath + ice spear for fire resistance map, do you have any suggestion?
"
lostcoaster wrote:
Also RF build is quite limited that a lot map affixes are hard, but this build basically can do any maps (except for blood magic and no regen I think, but never seen them).

This build can do these mods too. Turn off AA, turn off auras and replace Rat's Nest with Goldrim or TTD to cap resists for BM, get mana flask for no regen. Surgeon's mana is a good regen :) Rerolling such rare mods is fine too.

The only fight I've found impossible was Twinned Vaal Temple boss fight with some additional mods I don't remember :)

Constant 88% lightning res and 75% spell block makes Palace Dominus stream a joke.

"
lostcoaster wrote:
But here is a question, normally I just use fireball + arctic breath like you, but wonder if switch one of them for +fire/cold resistance maps would be better. My choice is fireball + firestorm for cold resistance map and arctic breath + ice spear for fire resistance map, do you have any suggestion?

I mostly use Arc as a replacement for both resists. Tried Fireball + Flame surge, good enough. Your combos should work too.
Hi there. Now using this build to lvlup and its really great. Just some questions, where did u get resist? from what i calculated based on the item, i still missing resist somewhere. The setup is the EB/MoM ranger.

Unique Item used :
Rat Nest 0 resist
Stone of Lazhwar 0 resist
Rainbowstrider +20 All Resist
Maligaro's Virtuosity 0 resist
Rathpith Globe +25 lightning
Lightning Coil -60 lightning resist

TOTAL : +20 Fire Res, +20 Cold Res, -15 Lightning
Passive Tree : +5 all resist
TOTAL with Purity of Element (lvl 18) and Passive = 51 Fire res, 51 Cold res, 16 Lightning Res
Resist Left to Cap (75%) :

Fire - 135-51 = 84
Cold - 135-51 = 84
Light - 135-16 = 119
TOTAL = 287

Rare slot left:

Dagger
Ring
Ring
Belt

Is it possible to get max resist from ringx2 and belt? Any idea where can i get more resist?
"
Arialyn wrote:
TOTAL with Purity of Element (lvl 18) and Passive = 51 Fire res, 51 Cold res, 16 Lightning Res

Fire - 135-51 = 84
Cold - 135-51 = 84
Light - 135-16 = 119
TOTAL = 287

Rare slot left:

Dagger
Ring
Ring
Belt

Is it possible to get max resist from ringx2 and belt? Any idea where can i get more resist?

Of course it's possible.

My diamond ring: 14 fire, 57 cold, 14 lightning = 85 total
My two-stone ring: 32 fire, 32 cold, 59 lightning = 123 total
My heavy belt: 41 fire, -- cold, 45 lightning = 86 total
Total resists: 87 fire, 89 cold, 118 lightning = 294 total [add level to Purity for 119 lightning]

With Str suffix on belt, mana regen suffix on rings and diamond base getting right resists is difficult. With 2 x 2-stone rings and 3-res heavy belt with 30 str in passive tree it's much easier.

With worse rings and belt I used TTD helm and Purity of Lightning.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Nov 15, 2014, 4:30:11 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
Arialyn wrote:

Fire - 135-51 = 84
Cold - 135-51 = 84
Light - 135-16 = 119
TOTAL = 287

Rare slot left:

Dagger
Ring
Ring
Belt

Of course it's possible.

My diamond ring: 14 fire, 57 cold, 14 lightning = 85 total
My two-stone ring: 32 fire, 32 cold, 59 lightning = 123 total
My heavy belt: 41 fire, -- cold, 45 lightning = 86 total
Total resists: 87 fire, 89 cold, 118 lightning = 294 total [add level to Purity for 119 lightning]

With Str suffix on belt, mana regen suffix on rings and diamond base getting right resists is difficult. With 2 x 2-stone rings and 3-res heavy belt with 30 str in passive tree it's much easier.

With worse rings and belt I used TTD helm and Purity of Lightning.

Oh i see. Glad that i can max my resist later on. One more question, what are your thought on using Bino in this build? Good or bad? It seems vagan dagger quite good with the cannot evade mods.
"
Arialyn wrote:
Oh i see. Glad that i can max my resist later on. One more question, what are your thought on using Bino in this build? Good or bad? It seems vagan dagger quite good with the cannot evade mods.

I believe there are better builds for Bino and there are better daggers than Bino for this build. "Hits can't be evaded" mod adds up to 50% more critical hits, which is 50% more dps, it's huge. Criticals double-dip on chance to hit.

Also, look at Drexion's comment, the last one on page 94.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Nov 15, 2014, 9:48:27 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
Arialyn wrote:

I believe there are better builds for Bino and there are better daggers than Bino for this build. "Hits can't be evaded" mod adds up to 50% more critical hits, which is 50% more dps, it's huge. Criticals double-dip on chance to hit.

Also, look at Drexion's comment, the last one on page 94.

I see. it seems i mislook the Drexion;s comment. So its not worth going for Bino then, another unique that come close with Bino is Doryani.

I will craft vagan dagger for much better dps. But i will try Doryani first since i got it. And much appreciated for the build man, it soo much fun playing this than my cleave duelist. >.<
"
Arialyn wrote:
I see. it seems i mislook the Drexion;s comment. So its not worth going for Bino then, another unique that come close with Bino is Doryani.

Doryani's Catalyst? That's not even a dagger. Interesting.

Any weapon may feel good. When I accidentally swap to white/blue daggers I level gems in, I may continue clearing a map for quite some time before I notice that :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on Nov 15, 2014, 10:48:54 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
Arialyn wrote:

Doryani's Catalyst? That's not even a dagger. Interesting.

Any weapon may feel good. When I accidentally swap to white/blue daggers I level gems in, I may continue clearing a map for quite some time before I notice that :)

Yeah its not a dagger. But it has some good crit and elemental damage which benefits our spell + elemental leech which is always good for us.
Hi I have a Q20 freeze pulse Q12 arc and am thinking of doing this build. IS Q20 freeze pulse and Q12 arc good enough to replace the 2 Q0 skills for more dps, or are those specific two skills the best of the best?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info