[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

FP's 0.65 cast speed is good for self-cast, but means nothing for CoC. Arc doesn't benefit from multiple projectiles. That said, they are not bad if you don't use EE. Try and choose. I haven't got q20 FP to try.
Finally get my hands on a vagan's dagger

The damage is much better than

I was using, especially against single target.

But I also found without cloak sustaining AA is difficult. Do you keep AA at lower level or just manually turn it on in fight?
"
lostcoaster wrote:
But I also found without cloak sustaining AA is difficult. Do you keep AA at lower level or just manually turn it on in fight?

I didn't keep it low on purpose. I leveled it to 20, then vendored for 20q for additional movement speed. When it was at lvl 19-20, it could turn off when I run. I continued running without AA until mana recovered, then turned it on again. When you stand and throw daggers or kite and throw, AA can't deplete mana. Not sure how important it is really, I steamrolled average 78 maps both with and without AA.
Did anyone try EB/MoM Scion with this build?
Took a look at the new passive tree. Block got hit pretty hard. Was going to switch to 1-hander with shield after the respec but I'm not so sure anymore.
Yeah the new passive tree wrecked this build. I think keeping acrobatics is still worth it and switching to dagger and shield. But yeah this build will be a lot weaker which is sad because I was enjoying it a lot. But having 75% block + 40% dodge + 50% evasion was pretty op
Well, block with shields seem to be completely fucked. In other words, it's same as it was before it became easy to get, OP and must have.

Quick attempt to skill shield block nodes while keeping some crit. 37% total. Don't take it seriously, there is 64% max life in this tree. I guess it's safe to forget about block completely for shield variation of my build. More so if keeping Acrobatics. 20 or 30% total block don't matter. It's better to go pure EB/MoM/Crit. Shield is a source of ES for EB and nothing more.

Max block with dual Ungil's is still possible without Acrobatics and provided block on Ungil's and base 15% isn't nerfed. This is similar to what my build was in 1.0. I played it without Acrobatics and spell block, CoC proc chance was 30-68% etc.

With Acrobatics I'm not sure if going for block nodes is worth it. Difference between 38% and 52% is not nearly as high as between 55% and 75%.

ps. I keep editing dual-wielding tree in this post.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Dec 4, 2014, 6:36:49 AM
Acrobatics math.

With 75% block we take 25% attack damage.
With 75%*0.7 and 40% dodge we take (1-0.75*0.7)*(1-0.4) = 28.5% attack damage.

Phase acrobatics math.

With 56% spell block (that's 75% * stone of lazhwar and rainbowstride if they are the same) we take 44% spell damage.

With phase acrobatics we take (1-0.56*0.7)*(1-0.3)=42.56% spell damage.

Conclusion: taking Acrobatics with max block and spell block uniques isn't worth it.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Dec 4, 2014, 6:21:12 AM
I'm very disappointed if that is the case... I am really enjoying this build at the moment and I just spent a lot acquiring all the good uniques for the build :(. Is there any chance it will be salvaged?
This is one of my favourite builds in poe ever. No matter what i always keep coming back to it. Been using dual ungils forever.

Are any of the herald gems worth equipping for us?

Seems the build will be nerfed again. It certainly is at the peak now. I am using acrobatics + phase acro + 75% block + 50% spell block.

No acro/phase acro after patch, much less block therefore also spellblock. Survivability will take a huge hit. Maybe to the point that the build will be ready for the shelf. Sadly.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 8, 2014, 3:30:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info