[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

Dual-ungils EB/MoM (WiP).

Is there any other block nerfs beside skill tree? If not, I believe dual-ungils EB/MoM may be very good. We drop acrobatics to keep block chance, so ES is not halved anymore.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Dec 9, 2014, 12:26:26 PM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Experimenting with gem combos.

"Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark - Reduced Mana" is so cool that I have 6 power charges without PCoC most of the time. Using Doedre's flask to renew duration when needed. Not that reliable as with PCoC and Rat's Nest though.

"CwDT - Enduring Cry - Arctic Armour - Enhance". Movement speed and endu cry radius from enhance.

I am trying that curse on hit 4l. It works pretty well but for us with ee it's less effective. The short range of herald of lightning puts us in shotgun range. A range you don't want to be in if using ee.

Would herald of ice work instead?
"
kompaniet wrote:
I am trying that curse on hit 4l. It works pretty well but for us with ee it's less effective. The short range of herald of lightning puts us in shotgun range. A range you don't want to be in if using ee.

Would herald of ice work instead?

It screws equilibrium even more, adding cold damage to all hits.
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
This, in combination with changes to the Acrobatics keystone and block values on items and the tree

Guess Ungil's block goes down too :(
honestly, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm using your build as a template for something that might just be ridiculous...
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
This, in combination with changes to the Acrobatics keystone and block values on items and the tree

Guess Ungil's block goes down too :(

So it's time to stock some legacy ungil's ? :P
"
lostcoaster wrote:

So it's time to stock some legacy ungil's ? :P

I guess that CoC timer nerf from 0.01 to 0.05 secs killed the build anyway, so probably no :(
20 GMP casts per second don't sound that bad :)

One more reason to play with Ungils instead of faster daggers.

Someone will have to try it in 1.3. The build can be totally destroyed, can be same dps as before, who knows.

60% block without dodge in 1.3 compared to 75% block with 40% dodge in 1.2 does sound bad...

Every aspect of the build got a big hit.
"
SunnyRay wrote:
20 GMP casts per second don't sound that bad :)

One more reason to play with Ungils instead of faster daggers.

Someone will have to try it in 1.3. The build can be totally destroyed, can be same dps as before, who knows.

60% block without dodge in 1.3 compared to 75% block with 40% dodge in 1.2 does sound bad...

Every aspect of the build got a big hit.

I will rebuild my scion for this build as usual and if i can remember what my youtube account password and stuff is i will upload a video. I use it so seldom i keep forgetting.

Can you give me a passive tree for a dual ungils scion to use?
I'll take care of the rest. Probably. Might have to ask a question or two here :)

Do these items look good for testing? It's what i am using now. I'm not sure about spell block though. Maybe it's still good.

Ungil's Gauche: Chance to block has been reduced from 20% to 12%.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 12, 2014, 1:03:05 PM
Scion tree. Tree version in skill tree planner is not final, I'll update it later if I don't fall asleep.

That's max block with legacy ungil's, 59% with new ones. Spell block is definitely worth it with legacies.

It's much harder to connect everything avoiding useless nodes in 1.3. I'm not very happy with the result.

Scion can achieve the highest block among classes that can use this build thanks to block nodes at her start, but she has to spend more points on weak nodes. Add Blade Barrier, and enjoy 64% block even with nerfed Ungil's. Corrupt daggers for DW block, corrupt ammy for block, and block is capped even if corruptions were nerfed too. That requires wealth and dedication.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Dec 12, 2014, 3:19:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info