[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
SunnyRay wrote:
Why is survivability so much worse? Lack of Heart of Oak life regen? 300 life is just 300 life...

At least 0.05 cooldown on CoC is barely noticable if at all.

Edited the first post.

Not that but no acrobatics/phase acrobatics like we have talked about. 1 less defensive layer. Also much less block chance if not using legacy ungils. 50% something?
Mainly a problem for hc charachters i will assume. Survivability is quite good anyway (more than enough) for normal mapping in a non hc environment (My opinion).

I use vaal grace when i need an extra buffer.

Edit: Not saying build doesn't work for hc mind you. Just wanted to make that clear.
Edit2: One thing that is easier now is acccuracy. Not that it was a problem but i think I have a higher hit chance now. Also there is a nice 16% accuracy passive next to Gemini in witch area for 1 point and an 18% one near Dervish in duelist area if needed.

Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 13, 2014, 8:29:03 AM
Hello, with the patch I reset and bought a decent set up for shadow CoC. Was going to use the 1.2 as a baseline.. but it's not working.. Have been sitting here with new gear on my currently only acc not being able to play. If any shadow's with the old build could help my ign is Shockzzv13
"
Hello, with the patch I reset and bought a decent set up for shadow CoC. Was going to use the 1.2 as a baseline.. but it's not working.. Have been sitting here with new gear on my currently only acc not being able to play. If any shadow's with the old build could help my ign is Shockzzv13

What is not working? Write better what you mean so people here can help you.

"
ssm016 wrote:
Did a slightly different tree for consideration:

115 points = lvl 97 ish. Too many skillpoints assigned. A good rule of thumb is to not make skill trees requiring a charachter level much if any higher than 80.

You get 18 skill points from quests and 1 for each level up so it's easy to calculate.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 13, 2014, 12:49:19 PM
I apologise, the intent of the tree was to carry to about that level and knock off points you think are unnecessarily allocated. I'm running a level 78 Scion at the moment, and it works well without the duelist portion included as yet. Without the portion near the duelist start I'm still at 73% block so it works for me and the projectile speed and damage doesn't feel needed earlier on.

Additionally I think the current tree posted isn't too much better in that respect with the 109 points allocated, and it wastes points by heading towards Acrobatics and doesn't allow the strength and intelligence requirements to be met as easily.

Feel free to edit or make more suggestions.

Agcaedion, I've added Shadow tree, hope that helps.

ssm016. Good tree if you decide to take Heart of Oak and Ballistics and forfeit Art of the Gladiator and nearby nodes. Then you can trade 20 dex for 20 int. There's the same number of 10 'stat' nodes in your connection. I've edited my tree to trade 10 dex for 10 str as in yours. "15% block recovery" nodes are "wasted points" too.

Can't say if it's better or worse, just slightly different. If you like it, then it's better for you.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Dec 13, 2014, 2:21:56 PM
Hey lvl 69 shadow following this build. Was having trouble with ele reflect and general survive ability due to low ele resists, and my friend and I talked about it and decided vaal pact with blood rage. But something needs to be done about the softness soloing dom isnt even really possible without dying currently.
Using infernal mantle.
Last edited by ShockzzV13 on Dec 17, 2014, 4:23:24 PM
"Low ele resists", do you mean <75%? PoE is meant to be played with capped resists. It's a must. Use 2-3 purity auras, use two-stone rings, use goldrim helmet. You may sacrifice nearly everything, but you must cap elemental resists.

Capped resists, stone of lazhwar and rainbowstride, topaz flask, and dom should be easy enough even in 1.3. If you are not on low mana with that Infernal mantle, of course.

Blood rage will kill you with -60 chaos resist. And that's the only thing it will do, because its leech applies to physical attacks only.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Dec 17, 2014, 6:23:15 PM

set up atm.

Got my resist up to 58/22/75

And for bleeding ..

Planning on trying to get one of my flasks anti bleeding.

Going to switch the ring and amulet to diff rares to get more res.
Last edited by ShockzzV13 on Dec 18, 2014, 7:55:17 AM
Buy Rainbowstride. 20 allres + spell block is much better than 3% life regen in my opinion.
Or use purity of elements instead of grace for dom 1st form, change back to grace while he is transforming.
With 58 fire res exploding dom minions can still be troublesome.
Also, I hope you don't ever get to low mana, do you?

Edit. You are aware that your enduring cry and immortal call are not supported by cwdt, aren't you?
Last edited by SunnyRay on Dec 18, 2014, 10:33:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info