[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
SybDarret wrote:
Hello,there are too many pages to read them all, but im wondering if have you tried to use Arc as 6th link and how does it works. I think it is a good idea if you use EE.
Note: I haven't tried this build yet but it looks so awesome im gonna try it as soon as i can.

This is from the first post:

"
Concentrated Effect is a good 6th gem, but Arc, PCoC, Life Leech and eventually Knockback and different damaging spells are also among options.

Arc does work. Calculating dps involving shock and EE is too hard to even try. It's not clear if Arc is good with EE because multiple arcs hit mobs before projectiles reach them. It's a matter of preference. Arc can also be used as 5th gem for 75% cold or fire resist maps or for party play. Herald of thunder somewhat reduces Arc's significance because it adds ability to shock to ST and fireballs.
Experimenting with gem combos.

"Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark - Reduced Mana" is so cool that I have 6 power charges without PCoC most of the time. Using Doedre's flask to renew duration when needed. Not that reliable as with PCoC and Rat's Nest though.

"CwDT - Enduring Cry - Arctic Armour - Enhance". Movement speed and endu cry radius from enhance.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Oct 29, 2014, 3:04:13 PM
I changed the build some:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYDHgW1BiMHHg5IEZYUUhUgFfYWvx3KH0Ei4iP2JP0mlSjbKgsqOCpNLOkwcTB8NJM1kjY9OkI64T8nR35H4klRSn1KyEt4TZJN404qUUdRTFVLVvpbr13yYeJieWKsY3BlTWegbIxtbG5pbqpvnnBScFZw1XcHd9d9W38rgwmE2YcTh3aJ04wLjDaNfY2_kBuVLpkrmhOcpJ2qpDmmV6lurEe0xbVItfK2Qbl8vYG-p8LsxLjKStCB1CPV-NaK2L3b1N0N3ajf7-OE51TssO_j8NXyRfPq_MX-Cv6P_94=

So what gear i am going to use is,
wep: double ungails
helm: rat
armour: 6l belly with life leech
boots: life res
belt: life res
gloves: maligaros (probably) (unless i get rich as fuck and buy atziris acuity and remove vaal pact)
rings: crit + life + res + mana reg
amulet: crit chance, global crit chance, life, res

auras will be grace and purity of elements, maybe add in clarity low level if it helps me sustain st better. Otherwise ill just use mana pots with + charge on crit with a base of maybe 150 mana free.

what you guys think? looks good? im hoping i can get atleast close to 5000hp, 70-75% crit chance (without 3stack from assasins mark), decent damage output, great life leech.
Last edited by neroscapegod on Oct 30, 2014, 7:07:27 PM
Looks solid. I'll add duelist tree to the guide if you don't mind.
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Looks solid. I'll add duelist tree to the guide if you don't mind.

sure :)

I am lvl 79 at the moment. It is working really really well, even double reflect isn't a problem.

I would say the build is very much so HC viable, but the switch has to be quite late. I would suggest playing something besides coc until lvl 75 because that is when you have got all the crit nodes and begin getting a bit of hp. At lvl 85+ your hp should close in on 5000, 70+ crit chance (without charges), atleast 10000 evasion, 73%block (75 if u take the 2%), and have crazy good life leech.

"
SunnyRay wrote:
Minor optimization: remove unnecessary 10 dex point under Quickness.

oh, just noticed :P
Last edited by neroscapegod on Oct 31, 2014, 11:15:02 AM
Minor optimization: remove unnecessary 10 dex point under Quickness.

One more thing: consider getting high Accuracy roll somewhere on jewelry. 82% to-hit makes 70% crit in stats 47% in reality. At some point two-stone ring with accuracy and 2 res improves crit more than 3-res diamond.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Oct 31, 2014, 1:58:42 PM
Apologies if I missed this discussion--
Has there been any discussion of cold vs. fire damage leech for ammy or belt?
I noticed most seem to go with cold. Was wondering if fireballs passing over obstacles makes it worth considering.

I am sitting at 80 now roughly following the EB/MOM shield ranger build. Still feel a little squishy in 73/74 maps (haven't tried anything tougher than that). Gonna try a few things to improve survivability:
-add arctic armor
-considering buying lazhwar with cold or fire leech and dropping doryani's invitation for hp/res belt
-if belt gives enough resists then replace goldrim

I am super envious of that hits can't be evaded dagger, lol.
"
diffusivity wrote:
Apologies if I missed this discussion--
Has there been any discussion of cold vs. fire damage leech for ammy or belt?
I noticed most seem to go with cold. Was wondering if fireballs passing over obstacles makes it worth considering.

Fire leech is slightly better not only because of obstacles, but also because fireball damage is higher.

I bought cold leech ammy for 10 chaos, at that time fire leech was 1 ex and 4% block was 4 ex. Price was the only reason to choose cold :)

Vagan's daggers are not that rare, I'm selling one currently. Add 22-27 crit master mod and it's almost as good as the one I'm using.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Nov 1, 2014, 8:57:43 PM
I've failed Uber run

But it was close. I haven't got another hope to waste, but the build can kill Uber for sure. With slightly more luck, slightly more skill and slightly less lag :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on Nov 9, 2014, 5:38:52 PM
Running this build on an alt with dual Bino's + Adder's touch passive, and while dual bino's base stats are great for the build unfortunately spectral throw does not proc adder's touch, or seems to very very rarely do so. So bino's unique properties are wasted with this build. Back when spectral throw was released there was some discussion over whether it would proc adder's touch and the speculation was that since it was an "attack" and not a spell it should.

Couldn't find any information on this, only found people asking if it worked or asking ggg to fix the bug that it didn't proc. Either way, if anyone is thinking about a build for bino's or dual bino's, this build does not seem to take advantage of the dagger's unique properties. I suggest doing a melee physical centric build, as those builds have no problem proccing the passive/dagger.

This is a fun build to play for players on a budget who want an introduction to CoC mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info