[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

2 things

1 - Shadow and Mana issues

Currently at level 69 with my shadow and I've dropped clarity completely. I have 1 slot giving me mana which is this ring

I have dropped any and all mana regen passives and I do not intend to go back if I don't have to. Running Purity of Ele, thinking about a second aura - haste or grace perhaps.

I do not currently have any mana issues. I simply press "3" and this
takes care of everything.

Everyone is already running a 2nd life flask - so why the heck not simply grab one of these, roll it appropriately to your needs, and forget the whole thing?

I'm already pressing "2" to hit this
everytime combat starts... The flasks are back up in half a sec or so.

So far... I'm thinking save your passive points, it seems to me (early impression) if you're having mana issues you might be doing it wrong. Grab Nightstalker or more life. Which brings me to:

2 - How much crit is enough?

I mentioned Nightstalker above. I currently have 86% chance to hit (1202 accuracy rating) which I might boost with the weathered hunter cluster. I have 53.6% main hand crit chance which I might buff by perfecting my Q10 CoC gem, and grabbing Nightstalker.

All I want for christmas is the ballistics passive though... So my question is how much crit chance is enough? I'm pretty much obliterating everything in low maps pretty easily. Should I keep grabbing more and more crit?

Where is everyone else's crit chance at?
Last edited by Levito on Mar 31, 2014, 8:10:33 PM
With the gear I posted previously and the tree by Simplexity, I'm at just over 40% crit. It's really odd since I believe I have all the important Crit equipment. I used to have Twin terrors and dervish but I dropped them in favor of getting Ballistic Mastery.

The Hybrid Flask is a great idea. I have to try that out and see how it will work out.

EDIT: Just tried the hybrid. I've dropped clarity completely. Current mana regen is 16.5 with just +flat mana on items.

I figured out a way to improve my crit by about 7% (on the off hand slot) -
. That was at the cost of 20% block (41% atm).
Just tested the setup in docks - the drop in block does not affect me that much. With 50% evasion,40% dodge and 41% block, very few attacks manage to actually land. I drink an evasion flask if it gets crowded. So far, so good.
Last edited by horizon21 on Apr 1, 2014, 11:31:20 AM
"
Levito wrote:

2 - How much crit is enough?

I mentioned Nightstalker above. I currently have 86% chance to hit (1202 accuracy rating) which I might boost with the weathered hunter cluster. I have 53.6% main hand crit chance which I might buff by perfecting my Q10 CoC gem, and grabbing Nightstalker.

All I want for christmas is the ballistics passive though... So my question is how much crit chance is enough? I'm pretty much obliterating everything in low maps pretty easily. Should I keep grabbing more and more crit?

Where is everyone else's crit chance at?

my crit without any buff is 33.8% and im lvl 68 in merciless solo i have no trouble at all getting the crits i need, especially with crit weakness im pretty much guaranteed a crit with the first or second ST I do, I do plan on getting quality on the more important gems like coc and st and gmp. i think those are the ones i will be getting quality on first.

COC > ST > GMP i think that will be the order I go in this is with Conc Effect in the 6th Link if i were to use PCoC my crit chance goes up to like 44% or so and I crit a crap load more sometimes i think it might be too much I'm trying to not make my screen freeze up without the PCoC gem I can control my crits a bit more at least thats what i think lol because of the curse. if I want to crit that mob more than I am i can curse it.

I do have a hybrid flask as well but its a seething one and it dispels frozen and chilled which is awesome!! lol sorry if i made a wall of text lol I tried to break it up into short paragraphs i suck at english :P

I just picked up phase acrobatics at 68 and now i think i am going to go for ballistic mastery or the life nodes (gymnastics) I think the ballistic mastery and the ones leading up to it would be more beneficial atm for me at least the range would give me some safety distance.

on another note I do not curse elemental reflect mobs, I get crits on them without the curse and with the curse it would just make them reflect more damage to me.
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Apr 1, 2014, 11:03:11 AM
Hello all, can i get a gear check?

Just a note, until i can afford a tabula rasa, im swapping fireball and artic breath based on mobs. How did the OP get his life regen so high? usually end up spamming my flasks when i get into trouble but im always spamming mana potions every once and a while. im level 50 so im 2/3rds the way there to a complete build.

im saving up for a rats nets, gloves and tabula rasa.

i can only run clarity ATM and when i put on purity, i end up only getting around 50 mana to spend.

thanks
Hey, Griever114.
If you go back a few pages and follow the conversation all of your questions have been answered.
The sustain comes from using Surgeon's flasks (be it for health, hybrid for mana(thanks, Levito!), quicksilver or evasion). You crit so much that the flasks are always full.

Just make sure you have your res capped. If you have Survivability issues, getting a claw with an implicit 15 life on hit mod can help a lot! Using both Fireball and Arctic Breath makes the so-called shotgun effect. You should use them in order to double your killspeed. Life leech is not needed.

EDIT: Everyone, here is a contribution from my experience. You can forgo movement speed if you use Whirling Blades linked to Faster Attacks. It is surprisingly efficient for getting out of tough situation as well as mobility. I intend to skip the second CWDT setup in favor of the above skill combo.
Last edited by horizon21 on Apr 1, 2014, 2:09:23 PM

Just upgraded to my end game armor for this build -

Gotta say, after testing this thing out briefly - it really pushes this build into unreal territory. (I might divine it at some point to get a bit higher of a life roll, but we're talking minute details at that point)

Big damage boost and aoe increase aside, the added tankiness really helps out as well. The res helps you overcap more easily (you want to go way overcap across all your gear to combat curses and ele weakness maps) and the life is a nice boost (esp after the node multipliers) where the Tabula Rasa was providing nothing. (not to mention a big jump in Eva and and an energy shield)

If any of you out there are able to get your hands on one... (in 6l - remember, only worth it if it's 6l) I can't recommend it enough.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Apr 1, 2014, 11:04:21 PM
Grats on the purchase, Jake!

How much did it set you back?

An update on my gear status:
Spoiler

Level 67. No more mana issues, thanks to the Surgeon's Hallowed Flasks. Using only Purity of Elements and Grace at the moment. Just got Ballistic Mastery and it rocks! Crit chance is sitting at 42%, which appears to be quite enough for reliable procs. Life is at 3051. Flask uptime is almost 100%. Next step is getting a Tabula Rasa and consequently a jewelery refresh, because I will lose the resists from my 5l.

My tree is posted below. I'm pretty happy with survivability vs damage.
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYABbUOSBGWFr8c3B6UI_YkPCaVJ6ko-jBxMHw6QjyORnFJUUp9S3hRR1VLVvpXyVpIWm1d8mHiZ6Bte3BScNV0QXfXfXV_K3_GgseDCYd2h9uMNo19jb-TJ5P8mK2do6dcqn-quKw_rs-0DLQ4tUi748BRxKLGotN-1CPVT9aK3FfdqN3n3nfe9uOE5RnndOjW6rrrFOuO7g7veu_w8Xbz6vno-_X8q_zF_ro=
Last edited by horizon21 on Apr 2, 2014, 2:06:55 AM
"
horizon21 wrote:
Grats on the purchase, Jake!

How much did it set you back?

I paid 13ex in pure + a ring I was selling (pced at about 5ex) + the Tabula Rasa I was wearing. (so about 20ex all told)
The low rolls on it are the reason why I was able to pick it up so cheap. (and with a gear mix... people will accept lower offers than what they want but they strongly prefer currency when they do)

Currently in the process of buying some Divine Orbs to fix that and elevate it to GG rolls :D

Update on stats: Level83... my tooltip reads 52.5% chance to crit, I'm at about 3600 life (with 26% life in nodes still to take... the Gymnastics cluster) so I'll be able to get over 4k easily.
My gems are all lvl19 now... a few will have to relevel as q20 gems but for the most part they'll be done pretty soon. (and there will be a BIG damage increase from 19 to 20)

Cleared some lvl75 maps earlier, haven't gone higher yet on this char but I'll probably try a 78 in the next few days and see how it goes.

Once the armor is done being rolled I'll be looking to redo my jewellery a final time (want to add crit to my rings instead of just big life/res rolls) and then possibly get new boots with a bigger life roll.

Closing in on complete slowly but surely!
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
horizon21 wrote:
I hope future adopters of this build will look this warning: Beware that the Shadow's mana problems continue past the early levels! I am not able to run all three auras with cheap gear (jewelery and boots).

@Jack Thanks, Jack. How do you get high mana regen? Another fellow said he had around 50 mana regen with a lvl 8 Clarity gem... How is that possible?

I'm using Shadow (lvl 78) and are currently using all 3 auras (purity of element/clarity(lvl l1)/grace) with no mana problem (apart from half regen mod that is, I only use purity and clarity in those maps). My mana with all 3 auras is at 68/829 with regen at 58.6/s.

My gear (not the best mind you, resist are at minimum, and fire only at 67% =p)

There's still hope for shadow players =)
"
horizon21 wrote:
Hey, Griever114.
If you go back a few pages and follow the conversation all of your questions have been answered.
The sustain comes from using Surgeon's flasks (be it for health, hybrid for mana(thanks, Levito!), quicksilver or evasion). You crit so much that the flasks are always full.

Just make sure you have your res capped. If you have Survivability issues, getting a claw with an implicit 15 life on hit mod can help a lot! Using both Fireball and Arctic Breath makes the so-called shotgun effect. You should use them in order to double your killspeed. Life leech is not needed.

EDIT: Everyone, here is a contribution from my experience. You can forgo movement speed if you use Whirling Blades linked to Faster Attacks. It is surprisingly efficient for getting out of tough situation as well as mobility. I intend to skip the second CWDT setup in favor of the above skill combo.

Thank you for the advice. im in and out of the thread so sometimes i miss things. i think i will look into some hybrid flasks :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info