[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

my gear setup so far. working really well at level 65 I have max resis in merciless and i have 3200 hp and im going for phase acrobatics now. after that im heading for the nodes leading up to ballistic mastery and then the crit nodes leading into gymnastics this time around i changed my progression through the tree lol worked out a lot better :) no problem with reflect or corrupting blood ;) running all three auras. clarity/grace/purity elements.

the flasks can be kind of annoying to roll, took forever for me to roll the evasion one lol.

Last edited by Simplexity99 on Mar 30, 2014, 7:17:31 PM
Simplexity, do you mind posting the progress on your passive skill tree you have so far (lvl 65)? Also, how do you manage to run all three auras at such an early stage? I have about 6 mana left when I turn all three of them on (with a single 5% reduced mana reserved node).

P.S. Yesterday was a good day - an exalt dropped and I got myself a treat!

Here is the rest of my gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by horizon21 on Mar 31, 2014, 10:31:30 AM
"
horizon21 wrote:
Simplexity, do you mind posting the progress on your passive skill tree you have so far (lvl 65)? Also, how do you manage to run all three auras at such an early stage? I have about 6 mana left when I turn all three of them on (with a single 5% reduced mana reserved node).

P.S. Yesterday was a good day - an exalt dropped and I got myself a treat!

Here is the rest of my gear:
Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBbUIZw5IEZYWvxg8HNwelCP2JDwmlSepKPotqDBxMHw6QkZxSVFKfUt4UUdVS1b6WkhabV3yYeJirGegbXtwUnC7cNV0QXfXfyt_xoLHgwmHdofbjDaNfY2_kyeTOpP8mK2do52qp1yqf6q4rD-uz7GQtAy1SLfWvSfAUcaizerUI9aK1p3bWdxX3ajd597244TndOjW6xTrju4O7_DxdvPq-ej8q_zF

I took that 30 strength node because I needed the extra strength for blood magic and decoy totem.

this is how my passive tree looks right now, in the next level or two or if i do the quests for passive points i'll be getting phase acrobatics. after i get that I'll get the Clear Mind the chaos resis node, and after that I'll be going into the ranger tree to get ballistic mastery. and then ill head down to get the dervish and twin terror points.

I was able to run 3 aura's in my 50's i had enough mana to cast at least 2-3 ST's my mana regen is near 50 per second. so as long as I don't sit there and spam I'm fine :) all I need to do is crit at least once or twice and everything dies. lol

Edit 1: another thing is i play with a summoner, hes a really good summoner too and while his zombies and stuff tank for me i do the dps...although alone he does incredible dps. but I play solo a lot too and have no problem surviving :) also we've agreed to fight only the invasion bosses we know are easy to kill ; all of the other ones we usually skip.
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Mar 31, 2014, 12:28:06 PM

@above - all of you guys seem to be coming along well in gear :)

I'm currently using (lvl82) -

The rings are ok but temporary, as is the amulet, belt and boots. (need a higher life roll on the boots)

The fire damage ruins this otherwise amazing ring
(which is for sale btw :D) so I'm making due with the life + res rings that are on now.

They can't be updated yet as I'm in full on currency accumulation mode to pick up my final end game armor for this build - 6l Carcass Jack.

I'm pretty close, just need a few more of these
and I'll be able to get it.

Hopefully today will be a good day in trading land and I'll be able to pick up my armor today or tomorrow! (and report back the utter destruction that ensues... possibly with video. Increased aoe? Look out world.)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Thanks, Simplexity.
I was having trouble with survivability but taking acrobatics+phase acrobatics really changed that. I had to go back from Dervish and Twin Terrors, so most of my respec points are gone :D
I still can't run all three auras, perhaps I need to invest in +mana items. Also, My build is the shadow version, so I am lacking the 3x8% mana nodes that you have.

@JackAlmighty Are you using the scion version, Jack? I'm trying to tackle my aura problem and I am in troubleshoot mode atm.
Last edited by horizon21 on Mar 31, 2014, 4:11:40 PM
"
horizon21 wrote:
Thanks, Simplexity.
I was having trouble with survivability but taking acrobatics+phase acrobatics really changed that. I had to go back from Dervish and Twin Terrors, so most of my respec points are gone :D
I still can't run all three auras, perhaps I need to invest in +mana items. Also, My build is the shadow version, so I am lacking the 3x8% mana nodes that you have.

@JackAlmighty Are you using the scion version, Jack? I'm trying to tackle my aura problem and I am in troubleshoot mode atm.

Yes I'm using the Scion build - running all 3 auras leaves me with 53 mana which has been enough with the massive regen. I would like a little bit more mana (which will come - remember your final build will be built with a lvl20 Reduced mana gem in place) when my RM goes all the way to 20. (still 18 atm I think)
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Mar 31, 2014, 4:29:42 PM
I hope future adopters of this build will look this warning: Beware that the Shadow's mana problems continue past the early levels! I am not able to run all three auras with cheap gear (jewelery and boots).

@Jack Thanks, Jack. How do you get high mana regen? Another fellow said he had around 50 mana regen with a lvl 8 Clarity gem... How is that possible?
Last edited by horizon21 on Mar 31, 2014, 4:54:39 PM
"
horizon21 wrote:
I hope future adopters of this build will look this warning: Beware that the Shadow's mana problems continue past the early levels! I am not able to run all three auras with cheap gear (jewelery and boots).

@Jack Thanks, Jack. How do you get high mana regen? Another fellow said he had around 50 mana regen with a lvl 8 Clarity gem... How is that possible?

Checked my mana regen (with Clarity lvl11 on) and it's 50.3 mana /second. (meaning I refill my mana to full every second as I have only 53 mana to work with)

That regen is entirely from the Clarity gem and my passive tree - there's no regen on any of my gear. Him having 50mana regen/second with only lvl8 Clarity just means he has a little bit on his gear somewhere as well.
Last edited by Levito on Mar 31, 2014, 7:27:14 PM
"
horizon21 wrote:
Thanks, Simplexity.

no problem man :) glad that helped out! I have 48.7 mana per sec and I have 51 mana left after reservation.

I think once I get a higher level I'll end up switching to the dual ungil's and trying that out. probably once I lv 75. or 80 I'll end up using two ungil's idk maybe sooner. I havn't really decided yet the extra block would be awesome tho :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info