[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

I'm sorry I don't respond, I only got a phone and really shitty internet. Good thing is there are enough people here who understands the build well :)
"
Meraxas wrote:
"
Acrophony wrote:
What are your thoughts on The three dragons helm? Shock stacks from fireball would increase your dps immensely, only downside is you'll lose the freeze from arctic breath?

Not worth it, that means giving up on rat's nest, and i realy dont think thats worth it. Personally im waiting for lightning ball, might be a nice replacement for conc effect :)

I dunno. I wouldn't write it off so quickly. Sure if you HAVE a rats nest it's not as good, but if you don't it could be a great helm to use. and its a hell of a lot cheaper then rats nest is (at least on ambush, i got one for 5c with 29res). and you only need to be 32 to use it. the same level around when you switch to going CoC. it could be a great leveling helm for this build. all you lose is the ability to get some life on your helm and the freeze from AB (that i never see go off anyways :()
Can i get some feedback on my gear?

Im aware im still leveling but since i finally got my two uniques and the 5L chest running the build... its melting faces!!!

i cant wait to throw on some other gems to get this puppy rolling!

my only problem is mana. i cannot keep the spells going. can someone give me tips? am i just spamming too much?
"
Griever114 wrote:
Can i get some feedback on my gear?

Im aware im still leveling but since i finally got my two uniques and the 5L chest running the build... its melting faces!!!

i cant wait to throw on some other gems to get this puppy rolling!

my only problem is mana. i cannot keep the spells going. can someone give me tips? am i just spamming too much?
You leveled your spectral throw, which is your problem. You need to keep it at a low level where you can sustain it (4 or lower)

Acrophony is right - you want Spectral Throw at level4 as that is the final level before it's mana cost increases from it's base cost.

What I do is I use a lvl4 one and I have a 2nd one leveling on one of my offhand weapons (linked to an Enlighten ofc hehe) to put to 20% with a GCP when it's done so that you can then easily have a lvl4 20%q gem. (you gain 10% attack speed by having it at 20%q - it's definitely worth doing)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

Acrophony is right - you want Spectral Throw at level4 as that is the final level before it's mana cost increases from it's base cost.

What I do is I use a lvl4 one and I have a 2nd one leveling on one of my offhand weapons (linked to an Enlighten ofc hehe) to put to 20% with a GCP when it's done so that you can then easily have a lvl4 20%q gem. (you gain 10% attack speed by having it at 20%q - it's definitely worth doing)

I totally didn't even think about doing that.. lol now I need to do that haha I always forget you can do that with gems :\ but I may do it with cast on crit first instead. I think that would be a good option right ?
"
Simplexity99 wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

I totally didn't even think about doing that.. lol now I need to do that haha I always forget you can do that with gems :\ but I may do it with cast on crit first instead. I think that would be a good option right ?

Yup CoC is definitely one to do as well - you have 6 slots to work with on your offhands (in sets of 3l obv) so if you assume that two of those are Enlighten for bonus EXP then you have 4 slots to work with at a time. If you're missing the leveled Enlightens then you actually have room to gain exp on 6 gems at once.

Good ones for this build include - ST, CoC, GMP and your curse, Critical Weakness.

Others can be good but are more optional than these 4.
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
Simplexity99 wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

Yup CoC is definitely one to do as well - you have 6 slots to work with on your offhands (in sets of 3l obv) so if you assume that two of those are Enlighten for bonus EXP then you have 4 slots to work with at a time. If you're missing the leveled Enlightens then you actually have room to gain exp on 6 gems at once.

Good ones for this build include - ST, CoC, GMP and your curse, Critical Weakness.

Others can be good but are more optional than these 4.

I don't have enlighten so I guess I get to use 6 slots :P would say that having two cwdt setups is required ? or can you get away with just the level 1 cwdt setup or is the leveled version better I have two i just don't know if I want to spend the chromes on my rat's nest to try and get another cwdt gem setup, and I've already got ( CWDT + EC + IC + Frost Wall ) I I felt that molten armor is pretty much useless since I have acrobatics.
"
Simplexity99 wrote:

I don't have enlighten so I guess I get to use 6 slots :P would say that having two cwdt setups is required ? or can you get away with just the level 1 cwdt setup or is the leveled version better I have two i just don't know if I want to spend the chromes on my rat's nest to try and get another cwdt gem setup, and I've already got ( CWDT + EC + IC + Frost Wall ) I I felt that molten armor is pretty much useless since I have acrobatics.

While you don't explicitly NEED two CwDT setups I do think it's a very good idea - what it allows you to do is to separate your EC from your Immortal call - you're more likely to get Immortal Call with actual charges on you to increase the duration. It also allows you to level your Immortal Call because it will be tied to the lvled CwDT whereas we want the EC tied to the lvl1 one so it triggers as often as possible.

I do agree though that Molten Shell is completely unnecessary and don't run it myself anymore.

ie I keep mine set up like this

As you can see I'm using two green slots in the links that do NOT trigger - the EK is their for use as a manual switch for reflect groups if necessary (or you can swap it into the GMP/COC chain for reflect maps) and does not get cast when the CwDT triggers. The Smoke Mine in the lvled CwDT also does not trigger, I just use that for opening Strongboxes or quick escapes from diving into crazy spots. (aka before you dive headfirst into a dangerous looking room, just drop it and be safe)

Sidenote: After discussion with Sunnyray last week I keep either a Vaal Detonate Dead or a DD on my offhand setups for switching in when it counters something - comes in really handy in something like this -

Hope this helps.
The damage in your video seems pretty good when you're solo, but how is it in parties? Because I've played a few builds now that were close to useless in parties and I was not a big fan of that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info