[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
Simplexity99 wrote:

I don't have enlighten so I guess I get to use 6 slots :P would say that having two cwdt setups is required ? or can you get away with just the level 1 cwdt setup or is the leveled version better I have two i just don't know if I want to spend the chromes on my rat's nest to try and get another cwdt gem setup, and I've already got ( CWDT + EC + IC + Frost Wall ) I I felt that molten armor is pretty much useless since I have acrobatics.

While you don't explicitly NEED two CwDT setups I do think it's a very good idea - what it allows you to do is to separate your EC from your Immortal call - you're more likely to get Immortal Call with actual charges on you to increase the duration. It also allows you to level your Immortal Call because it will be tied to the lvled CwDT whereas we want the EC tied to the lvl1 one so it triggers as often as possible.

I do agree though that Molten Shell is completely unnecessary and don't run it myself anymore.

ie I keep mine set up like this

As you can see I'm using two green slots in the links that do NOT trigger - the EK is their for use as a manual switch for reflect groups if necessary (or you can swap it into the GMP/COC chain for reflect maps) and does not get cast when the CwDT triggers. The Smoke Mine in the lvled CwDT also does not trigger, I just use that for opening Strongboxes or quick escapes from diving into crazy spots. (aka before you dive headfirst into a dangerous looking room, just drop it and be safe)

Sidenote: After discussion with Sunnyray last week I keep either a Vaal Detonate Dead or a DD on my offhand setups for switching in when it counters something - comes in really handy in something like this -

Hope this helps.

ahh okay thank you for the information I think I'll try it out.

"
The damage in your video seems pretty good when you're solo, but how is it in parties? Because I've played a few builds now that were close to useless in parties and I was not a big fan of that.

when i am in a full party, I still do so much damage i kill everything in seconds, even if I lag them badly they keep me because my clear speed is insane
how does lmp fare in comparison to gmp? (my gmp is to high lv, just kinda interessted on what i might be missing out)
"
lordchopf wrote:
how does lmp fare in comparison to gmp? (my gmp is to high lv, just kinda interessted on what i might be missing out)
Well, you're missing about half of projectiles, so when you account for that you're getting 50% less crits, that means you're halving your damage potential.

in groups well yes but since you can not shotgun with st would i be right to assume at least on single targets lmp > gmp ?
Last edited by lordchopf on Mar 30, 2014, 9:28:58 AM
Fantastic Guide, currently leveling a 58 shadow.

My question is, besides the obvious cost (currency) issues, why not Thief's Torment?

When running a TT you save 5 or so points spent on mana regen. Now, you're going to turn around and spend those points right back making up health rolls, or fixing your res (unless you're really rich and can afford tri-res on your remaining slots) - but you gain superior sustain with it, and very fluid gameplay.

Now, I haven't tested an LL so far, but frankly I don't want to dedicate a gem slot to LL; not to mention rolling BBBGGR on an end-game eva chest will probably be a pain in the behind - and you still have whatever mana issues might exist. Mana issues that left the template build running CW on BM in a no leech build... seems kinda... I dunno.

You can ditch clarity with a TT and possibly grab an extra aura that way as well.

So can Thief's Torment be made to work, or do you think it's strictly a mid game luxury?
Last edited by Levito on Mar 30, 2014, 11:53:21 AM
"
Levito wrote:
Fantastic Guide, currently leveling a 58 shadow.

My question is, besides the obvious cost (currency) issues, why not Thief's Torment?

When running a TT you save 5 or so points spent on mana regen. Now, you're going to turn around and spend those points right back making up health rolls, or fixing your res (unless you're really rich and can afford tri-res on your remaining slots) - but you gain superior sustain with it, and very fluid gameplay.

Now, I haven't tested an LL so far, but frankly I don't want to dedicate a gem slot to LL; not to mention rolling BBBGGR on an end-game eva chest will probably be a pain in the behind - and you still have whatever mana issues might exist. Mana issues that left the template build running CW on BM in a no leech build... seems kinda... I dunno.

You can ditch clarity with a TT and possibly grab an extra aura that way as well.

So can Thief's Torment be made to work, or do you think it's strictly a mid game luxury?

It's ok if you can't afford expensive rings but it doesn't measure up vs 2 strong rings.

I don't think ditching Clarity allows you to pick up another aura anyways unless you ditch Purity of Elements as well. (which is more unlikely as you're accepting a total of 16-22% all res from your ring slots instead of the potential over 80% allres you'd get from 2 strong trires rings.) Combined with not getting any crit/hp from the rings it just doesn't measure up imo.

I don't run life leech or loh at all with this build - your sustain is right here. I think a LL gem in your 6l might be worth it in Invasion where you just want to be as safe as possible - but in softcore no way. The Concentrated Effect is just such a massive chunk of damage.

You have 100% uptime on your flasks - you aren't clearing the map fast enough if you don't. Push hard and fast right through the entire instance and chain groups off each other. So yes, your Curse is tied to Blood Magic but you will regain that hp from your flask immediately - it should be always ticking unless you're at full hp and madly dashing to the next group on the back of your super quicksilver speed. (30%ms on your boots + bonus speed QS that never runs out of charges = you boogie)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Ok, thanks. I guess if I'm going to overhaul my rings, should I be focusing on diamond rings, or looking to beef up my res and get more crit from my Head?

I have a Starkonja's in my stash collecting dust until I pull the trigger on a Rat's Nest, will the head piece supply enough crit without paying a fortune on good diamond rings?

My crit proc is already feeling decent on a2 merci with 2 more 25% nodes to go as core. Will I need to worry about jacking my crit up further? (43.9% tooltip right now)

*edit* I grabbed these two, one for 3c, and borrowed one from my SB Templar, capping my res without the starkonja's. What do you think?
Last edited by Levito on Mar 30, 2014, 4:28:09 PM
I have a simple question I suppose...

Why no Doom Cast? 2 Int nodes and you get 60% more crit chance.
"
Why no Doom Cast?

Doom Cast affects spells. Spectral Throw counts as an "attack."

Doom Cast wouldn't improve your chance to trigger the unholy barrage of death that kills everything, and makes you nearly unkillable if your flasks are set up right.

You do enough damage just proccing your CoC skills, so you need to make sure that your ST crit chance is buffed as much as possible.

Crit chance on the linked skills, which is what Doom Cast would give you, is a much much much lower priority.
Last edited by Levito on Mar 30, 2014, 7:07:53 PM
Thank you to SunnyRay for putting this genius build together, the ungil's defense/EE combo is brilliant and makes this build really nasty.

Thank you to Jake Allmighty for pointing out proper flask usage.

So far this feels incredibly powerful, fast, and fun. At level 62 i'm ripping thorugh merci and everything is just disappearing. I'm spamming surgeon's jade flask of reflexes, Surgeons sanctified life flasks, and surgeons quicksilver flasks of adrenaline... flying through content like BAWS.

OP build is O F-ing-P and cheap to boot.

1,000 expressions of gratitude in various languages and customs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info