[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
Jaynno wrote:
just yolo it guys !!!

I tried it but I ended up with 14% to Avoid being Shocked on my Tabula :(
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Where do I go from here?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYEfgW1DkgRlhXwFfYWvxrbI_YkPCT9JpUnqTB8OlhJUUp9TGBRR1VLVvpaSFptW69d8l76YeJieWKsZ6Bte3BScLtw1XRBd9d_K3_GhxmHdofbjDaNfY2_k_ydo52qp1yqf6q4rs-0OLVIwFHQ7tQj1QDVT9aK1p3dDd533vbjhOUZ51TndOjW6xTrju4O7_Dz6vej-_X8q_zF

My crit chance is 49.5. Not happy about my procs on single target. I'm melting packs but uniques and rogue exiles can take a while to bring down. Should I go for EE, Ballistic Mastery or Nightstalker?

Level 63 in Merciless. I'm using a 5-Link with Rat's nest and Doedre's gloves. Rest of my gear is crap. Next purchase is maligaros but for now I need to know how to improve my single target DPS.
Last edited by ImperfectBlade on Apr 3, 2014, 4:31:28 PM
"
Where do I go from here?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYEfgW1DkgRlhXwFfYWvxrbI_YkPCT9JpUnqTB8OlhJUUp9TGBRR1VLVvpaSFptW69d8l76YeJieWKsZ6Bte3BScLtw1XRBd9d_K3_GhxmHdofbjDaNfY2_k_ydo52qp1yqf6q4rs-0OLVIwFHQ7tQj1QDVT9aK1p3dDd533vbjhOUZ51TndOjW6xTrju4O7_Dz6vej-_X8q_zF

My crit chance is 49.5. Not happy about my procs on single target. I'm melting packs but uniques and rogue exiles can take a while to bring down. Should I go for EE, Ballistic Mastery or Nightstalker?

Level 63 in Merciless. I'm using a 5-Link with Rat's nest and Doedre's gloves. Rest of my gear is crap. Next purchase is maligaros but for now I need to know how to improve my single target DPS.

EE pretty much doubles clear spead, even on single target. as long as you dont have flat fire or cold damage on gear. I would purchase other gear first the maligaro gloves are a low priority
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Apr 3, 2014, 6:56:51 PM
I'm guessing the lightning damage on Ungil's procs EE? Shortest way there is 8 points including 3 useless energy shield nodes. Long way is through the witch tree but I can grab some amazing area damage points on the way. Hmm
Last edited by ImperfectBlade on Apr 3, 2014, 7:34:29 PM
"
I'm guessing the lightning damage on Ungil's procs EE? Shortest way there is 8 points including 3 useless energy shield nodes. Long way is through the witch tree but I can grab some amazing area damage points on the way. Hmm

basically, depends if you're using fireball/arctic breath as the skills for CoC, flat lightning damage is fine on weapons and gear if you are using fire/cold spells. and yeah you've got it right it does proc it as soon as ST hits the target the lightning damage makes them resistant to lightning and then vulnerable to fire and cold :)
"

Yes, the lightning damage on the Ungil's triggers the EE to set up the big damage from the spell procs. Get EE asap imo as it is a massive damage upgrade. EDIT: I was assuming that Shadow is intended to take EE as well, if that's not the case then ignore me obv. I took mine at lvl31 when I switched to the leveling spec, but I'm Scion obv.

Other than that for single target dps, make sure you keep your target cursed and make sure that you shotgun your fireballs - if you're hitting from too far away your damage will be nowhere near its max potential.

off topic re:others above:

I disagree with the hybrid flask for mana recovery over using Clarity.

a) Keep a mana flask around yes, it's used for 50% regen and 0% regen map mods.

So something like this in the stash for those situations:

b) the rest of the time, you want to have a second life flask handy. This life flask is not at all the same as your main Surgeon's one that is used for your sustain (aka they are not redundant, they are completely different) - this one looks like -

the instant heal is a life saver more often than you'd think and will often be necessary at the same time as when you are unfreezing - imo it's worth keeping around.

If you're having mana problems on Shadow I'm not sure what to tell you as I do the Scion build - but remember that you gain mana passively as you level up and you can always pick up some extra on your gear if necessary. My current mana float with all 3 auras on is 64 mana (at lvl83) and I never run out.
Hope this helps :)
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Apr 3, 2014, 8:29:19 PM
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

Other than that for single target dps, make sure you keep your target cursed and make sure that you shotgun your fireballs - if you're hitting from too far away your damage will be nowhere near its max potential.

I'm using enfeeble as my curse. I think that might be my problem. Not a fan of offensive curses especially on a build like this that relies on not getting hit. I might try Critical Weakness once I'm comfortable with my defenses but for now I'm sticking with enfeeble. Might even try Temporal Chains as that will make kiting easier.

As for mana I never had any issues.

Now I'm using surgeon flasks but the ring made leveling a breeze.
"
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

I'm using enfeeble as my curse. I think that might be my problem. Not a fan of offensive curses especially on a build like this that relies on not getting hit. I might try Critical Weakness once I'm comfortable with my defenses but for now I'm sticking with enfeeble. Might even try Temporal Chains as that will make kiting easier.

As for mana I never had any issues.

Now I'm using surgeon flasks but the ring made leveling a breeze.

That would be a big part of the problem. Critical Weakness is essential to your damage output. (and crit chance!) there's not much getting around it.

Put Enfeeble on your leveled CwDT instead -

This is what I've been trying out.

Shock stack everything(and proc EE in the process), generate power charges and melt everything. Works well against big packs. Gotta try it on bosses next.
I'm surprised that Gauche's tiny damage apply shock stacks at all. IIRC, threshold is 2% of monster life as lightning damage dealt in a single hit. If it does, and you need charges, good for you :) Big packs should be melted without shock too, though.

Edit: I've added more words to "Passive skills and bandits" section. Oh, and I'm back xD
Last edited by SunnyRay on Apr 5, 2014, 8:41:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info