[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

Hi,

I'm using this build currently but there's something that bothers me. May I know why do you have 2 Incinerate skill gem?
First. I have greatly updated the Leveling Section. It now has a detailed explanation for every part of the leveling progress. Also there now is a "general rules of thump".

"
Harflare wrote:
Hi,

I'm using this build currently but there's something that bothers me. May I know why do you have 2 Incinerate skill gem?

I used it for culling. This means you kill a monster with "Culling Strike" support gem linked to a skill. Also on the same link is "increased item quality" to make that said monster drop better loot.

"
sazerac23 wrote:
I have a question about this build and a few things I noticed on pewpewpew's build. I like some of the defense you get from his recommended shield saffel's frame and having a cast when damage taken lightning warp to move you around when taking massive damage. Is that not compatible with this build which seems to trade that for more damage on bloodrage or is there another reason you did not go that way.

Thanks in advance!

I have read his guide. I found the lighning warp idea a bit weird tbh. But its certainly a interesting technique. Ive tried it myself and found it "nervewrecking" to always port around and get your incinerate stacks interuppted. I found his build lacking a bit in the armor department too. Also he seems to like "fire damage" more than "added chaos" wich I much prefer. If you like the "porting around part", it its pretty easy to implement. Saffaels is an option but I think it has been nerfed in the most recent patch. Also having the ability to block some physical attacks and higher spelldamage is better I found.

"
Ano wrote:
Is chaos damage that much more useful than shocking? If I don't believe I'll ever get a 6-link, should I even bother with Static Blows?

Yes it is. Shocking is more a option and "quality of life" thing than chaos. Reasons is that chaos provides a very solid consistent damage source instead of the pretty inconsistant shocking part. It not only has flat out higher values but it also penetrates energy shields of minions making for some fast kills here. Shocking has a pretty big downside. Its not applied to "high health" monsters at all(!!!). Its more for fast clearing maps with lots of low health monsters. But for your map/chapter boss you dont wanna miss the chaos damage.

"
xdreams wrote:
Thank you for the nice build!

One question: where do we get elemental resistances? I`m currently on cruel and already have low resists.

I have updated the "Leveling by the Book" secion with a special chapter about resistances to help you out.

"
Gulrak wrote:
Hi, I am a new POE player and as my maiden build this is the one I choose to follow.

I just read your latest update and it's much appreciated. I've been using Firestorm and Searing Bond so far. There is a lot I do not know in detail yet so I've been sticking to this guide pretty much so I don't mess up.

You weren't kidding when you said this build is mana intensive heh. When should I pick up EB btw? When I get my hands on a Life Leech gem so I can sustain my HP right?

I was able to get my very first link going today with Incinerate and Added Lightning Damage :)

Thanks for the guide and your continued updates, it's helped this new player alot.

Gl with your leveling, I rolled on Ambush league as well. I can't wait to get this full build rolling!

Im very pleased to hear you like it. I have now greatly improved the Leveling section to help very new players to have a better understanding why we pick certain things in the talent tree.
Also there has been some slight changes here and there. Dont be upset, its all for the sake of improving the overall leveling process.

"
Manlir wrote:
I think I figured out a way to slightly improve your lvl 90 build.

This is your lvl 90 build
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAuMEfgX5B6UV8BbzGNsZhRmGGYoabBqPGtsc3B0UHpQj9iQ8JKomPCepKPoppSycLR8tgy-dNuk6WDyOQ2NEq0WdRnFJUUmySn1OKlWuVcZWLVb6V8lY9VpIWm1br2aeZ6BnvW0Zb55xTXTxeqp_xoIQgh6Cx4MJhTKHGYd2j0aPppMnlwaaz5rgm6GbtZ3EoSKiQKKjpwinXKw_rEesf7QMtzG4k8HzwzrEospKz2XQ0NsL3FfdDd-w42rpc-q66-7uDu5v7_Dz3fT49tr5Y_no-tL7CfzF

This is mine using the evasion tree to skip the ranger life nodes as I said before. Same number of skill point is used in both.
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpRUgFvMY2xmFGYYZiho4GmwajxzcHRQelCQ8JKomPCepKPoppSpNLJws6S0fLYMvnTbpPI5DY0SrRZ1GcUlRSbJKfU4qVa5VxlYtV8lY9VptW69mnmegZ71sFm0Zb55xTXTxeqp_xoIQgh6Cx4MJg9uFMod2j0aPppBVkyeXBprPmuCboZu1ncShIqJAoqOnCKdcp4SsP6xHrH-0DLcxuJPAGsHzwzrEospKznHPZdDQ2wvcV90N37Djaulz6rrrLOvu7m_z3fT49tr56PrS-wn8S_zF

The nodes value I removed in total are 60 dex, 20 str and 54% life. The nodes value you gain are 30 str, 30 dex, 10% evasion, 56% life. In addition, this brings you closer to what I assume is your next goal 'faith and steel'.

This sounds pretty good. I will look into this. The diffrence seems not really huge but worth going as an alternative.
Is added lightning + static blows strictly better as a 6L than using faster casting?

Also, would you ever utilize/build around cloak of defiance for this build?
Last edited by Jindac on Mar 11, 2014, 6:39:15 AM
Hi!
Since the Addon started i was searching for a new Build to play... i checked out this Build and ... holy sh*t it is awesome!!
Im at Level 71 now and everything is easy to play, and very fast killspeed! Solo and in Group!

At this point i just want to thank you for your work! You helped me alot and bringing me alot of fun playing the game with this build!
Thanks! Keep on the good Work! ♥♥♥

There is only one Point i am missing:
Would love to see some recommended Items for the Endgame!
Last edited by Tight_04 on Mar 11, 2014, 9:09:15 AM
Would Carrcass Jack be worth getting for this build?
Started a incinerate build yesterday. plannned build atm is below, going to be using cloak of defiance, rathpith, cybils, anvil and rainbowstrides

block should be around 71/60
Would appreciate any feedback

planning to run clarity (depending on health and mana values might run on health with blood magic gem), discipline, tempest shield and arctic armour

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEAelAuNJsiycVa5Eq4-mLR9tGVcrwfOio4Ie2wt_xn5ZJ6labSQ8p1xJUS-dFvMmPBzc8XaTJ9xXHpSsP7QMRnHhiB2qgwlvnspKwzpWLax_6ro8jlfJKPqCx_no6-56qprgRZ24k6cI2t2PRtDQz2VVxhZvHRRMNSjF87760hcvZOdV1oCkcH2plRoyUWA26SSq42oZhUGHtz7GrjwtDPfp1Xfjrj5nm-RR-6qgtPMGXz-btRmK-wn22hqPr2zFivAfogAEswJxFE0=
Last edited by Zaluron on Mar 11, 2014, 2:06:31 PM
"
PandaCodeRed wrote:
Would Carrcass Jack be worth getting for this build?

Sure. We dont get much profit for the area effect exect for maybe molten armor. I dont know exactly if that accounts only for skill on the armor or others too. Its a pretty good armor in general. Lots of Life and All-Res.

Only downside is that getting this to 5L or 6L is pretty tough/expensive. Its usually much cheaper to get a equally good rare with more links. But if you happen to have one in your stash feel free to use it.
Are you still using Berserker Rage with the updated build?
http://imgur.com/a/iatME

First 2 maybe good end game items?
"
xRaimon wrote:
Are you still using Berserker Rage with the updated build?

I plan to switch to "Vaal Molten Shell". I got myself one today. Its seem pretty amazing. Blood Rage is also not bad if you get some quite high Chaos-Res. Its quite hard to achieve though.

"
Gjh199 wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/iatME

First 2 maybe good end game items?

Not really. We dont use crit at all. Crit is completely useless for this build
The Helmet looks quite good tbh. havent seen it yet. It would be pretty cool to run Arcitc Armor in this thing, if it works. Usually nodes hat reduce mana consumption dont really work with Arctic Armor. On the other hand we dont get any Life and no other resistances aside from chaos from this helmet, that is a big downside. Its provides pretty awsome EV/ES stats.

If its works with AA and you can get really solid stats from other items to compensate for the lack of the life/res its a quite nice thing to have. I immagine it to be pretty expensive though. If you have no 6L that is a much higher priority.
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 11, 2014, 4:07:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info