[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

"
Claustrox wrote:
I followed the Incinerete build .
Great dps but , at least with my gear I don't have enough survavibillity.
I am using minion as tank and distracting anemy but I am unable to sustain damage directly.
My life is 3200.
Then things is worst from my last change 6l +life and 2 res for 5l Mantle ( increased dps a lot btw)
I can sustain easily 3 auras + arctic armor .

How can I improve my build

Can you link you skill tree? there is something wrong here.

You have two major issue. No cap res so you take hard damage and low dps using a LMP. Your wand is nice and you using an infernal mantle strange that your tooltip is low. I'm waiting your tree for a better answer.
Ok it miss you some major node. Cast speed node is just must have node for incinerate i guess you don't pick them cause you have survivability issue but it's very important.

But i think you should focus on cap your resist at least two of them (i'm 77/44/77 and doing fine). Your big problem off survivability if you are low mana with aura come from infernal mantle. You are not cap res and take 100% more spell damage cause of infernal mantle ...it's a issue. That's why incinerate build rarely use it. Go for a normal 5L es chest or for a cloak of defiance and save skill point ^^

Try if you can afford chrom orbs to colors your chest withe BBBRG and switch your add cold damage with a 20% qual addligghtning damage gem couple with the shock node on top off skill tree. Try to plan it for further if you can afford now it gona trust your dps.

Two good way to up your survivability is to find a RRRR 4l gear for CWDT+molten+enduringcry+immortalflesh works very well and to link your lightning warp with a reduce duration gem+faster casting give you hudge mobility = survivability. At longterm skelly is not a solution you there to melt everything on your on ;)

So i think go for mor rez more cast speed and better gem organisation.

Fly safe ;)

ps: my tree for exemple nearly same has the build owner here

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEfgX5B6UMfRB_FfAW8xmFGYoabBqPGtsc3B0UHpQj9iQ8JKomPCepKPosnC0fLYMvnTbpOlg8jkNjRKtFnUZxSVFJskp9Va5VxlYtVvpXK1fJWPVaSFptZp5noGe9bRlvnnFNeqp_xoIQgh6Cx4MJhxmHdo9Gj6aQVZMnlwaaz5rgm6GbtZ3EoSKiQKKjpwinXKeErD-sf7QMtzG4k8AawfPDOsSixp7KSs9l0NDbC9xX37Djaulz6rrr7u4O7m_v8PPd9Pj22vlj-ej60vsJ_MU=
Last edited by Tagmatar on Jun 1, 2014, 4:35:17 AM
Thank you very much for your help.
I am really really dumb. I didn't notice that with infernal mantle I TAKE 100% damage on low mana and NOT MAKE 100% more damage.
Obviously with 3 aura I am always on low mana :-(
At this point I have 3 options.

1) never use 3 auras. In this way I can my mana never drop below 2250 /4100

2) Take my old body armor 6L now on my marauder alt

With this I can sustain 3 auras and maybe with Haste I reach 2500 dps with lesser multiple
Do you think it will worth to try reaching BBBRGG on it?

3) try to buy a cheap 6L or 5L with RES and Life

What do you think?
How much life do you have?
THX

Andrea
Last edited by Claustrox on Jun 1, 2014, 7:38:05 AM
Now you know ^^

Your 6L is pretty nice but you maybe gona lack of ES so mana. If you using her on a other character don't change color i think. You probably do better in finding a decent 5L 6L ES shest depend on your budget.

I actually have 3.5k hp / 5.5k mana (discipline up 1250 free 4250 reserved) and 3.9k dps with LMP. I run clarity+discipline+haste. Thing can trust you defense is unique with %bloc to spell like them that i used:
They have all you want ES + Res + cast speed + %life + % spelldamage just rainbow stride is a little expensive but can be found for 2ex if you'r lucky.
Still you don't have cap res you can block this elem spell that killing you =)

If you can afford try to find ring/amy with %cast speed (and life + %res of course). A ring that can help if you have mana issue is a dream fragment just very good for this build:

And if you plan to invest on a 5/6L shest saving for a cloack of defiance is a very good option grant you 40% damange goes to mana save you 3 skill point +mana +manareg and evasion if you still use iron reflexe just very good:

Set the world on fire ;)

Last edited by Tagmatar on Jun 1, 2014, 9:46:22 AM
2 ex :-)

Let me understand your gear. How much damage reduction do you have with more of 100% block chance on spell?

Andrea
Last edited by Claustrox on Jun 1, 2014, 1:21:19 PM
Block is cap at 75% and it's not a damage reduction it's a block so you take all damage or no damage.
I've had fun playing this build. Spell echo works great with incinerate. A level 1 spell echo is much better than a level 19 faster casting! I was at 4k tooltip damage with incinerate-LMP-life leech-added chaos-added lighting - faster casting. I replaced the faster casting with a level 1 spell echo and the tooltip jumped to 4.5k damage. (I don't need mana leech unless I play in half regen maps.)

Instead of culling with a 2nd incinerate I have it on a flame totem with IIQ & IIR so I don't have to switch to a different spell (though the totem dies often).

I noticed that the 3x8% projectile damage nodes (to the left of Ballistic Mastery) are only giving about 2% increased damage each instead of 8% so I dropped those.
The nodes seem to be not worth it because they stack additively with all the spell damage and elemental damage nodes you took and also with the inc spell damage on your gear. So removing one node actually seems to have much less influence than you think it should. They are working absolutely fine though ;) try removing any spell damage node and you will notice the same effect. For the inc. Ele damage nodes: keep in mind that these are not increasing the chaos damage part of your incinerate and are therefore only working at around 60% effectiveness. Thats also why i think that all inc. Ele damage nodes should be dropped since they are just not worth the investment.

Also im reworking the build atm because there are some nodes taken that are just not as effective as others would be. Also i think all the block nodes that are taken should be removed in favor of life nodes. Block is great for many mobs at once, but there will come the point where a big hit goes through the block in which case a higher effective life pool is more important than a high chance of blocking it. That might be also just be my hardcore/invasion instinct coming through though.

Also: taking all the aura nodes possible (except the ones below the marauder area) is a great way to increase the effective life pool while also increasing the effectiveness of discipline and clarity and other auras you use which increases manapool and regeneration by a lot. Overall these nodes increase your overall survivability by so much that none should be left out.

Another thing is, now that spell echo is out you might try playing without mana leech although i doubt you will be able to sustain your manapool still. Also with cybils paw and the 1.1 changes too leech mechanics life leech might not be worth it as well (no idea if it is needed) Other gems that could be taken for either leech gem are faster casting (with spell echo being available you will use that one in your current setup instead, making faster casting possible in addition) and faster projectiles. Those gem changes require some testing though and probably rely on gear and map mods making it difficult to give an overall best setup.

Im writing again when i found out more things. I hope these suggestions are appreciated and help you guys getting some ideas :)
Last edited by Sudowoodowoodo on Jul 3, 2014, 8:13:39 PM
Have you tested the new spell echo gem on this yet?
I have no idea how to breathe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info