[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

"
Charlouf wrote:
yo !

i guess this is viable for HC right ?
do you have some keys to avoid some disturbing stuff like hmm death ? or mandatory nodes / stuff / stats please ?

or maybe cap resistance and add MOAR hp ?

This build is desined for Hardcore from the its very core. Its safe to say that its amongst of the most tanky builds overall.

PoE has some stuff that can kill you even if you have the best gear and the tankiest build tough.
Ask Akira (I guess that was his name). He died in Nemesis on level 99 and had gear beyond your wildest imagination.
"
weedy69 wrote:
Hi, I realy like your build and I'll definitely try it in new league but what about lightning thorns ? My last Incinerate scion got killed by it

I write a section about this in the guide actually. Lighting Thorns is the biggest enemy of this build. But I actually encountered only one that is actually ponent of really killing you.

Its the Promenade Boss. Its the strongest in the existing content I believe and thats why you should avoid this map.
i mean maps 75+ not 70+ :p
Thanks for the guide.

Lighting Thorns is not it too boring "low level"?
"
dejs96 wrote:
i mean maps 75+ not 70+ :p

Yes and even with some pretty crazy mods. In the end this is not a crazy special build. EB-MoM builds have been around for quite a while. The Artic Armor concept is used in many well known builds and this is just one interation of it, its also very tweakable to better supplement your gear and run even the highest maps.

I cant show videos of these maps unfortunately because Im almost fully broke in standard league and dont have anything but 70-73 stuff.

I wouldnt level this build in the new league if I wasnt sure it is viable in ALL maps.

What makes this possible is not my modifikation the the classic EB-MoM + AA Concept. Its the concept itself.

If you dont believe me. There are plenty of other builds with the same foundation. Some of the highest ladder players use this as well.

"
Jarovb wrote:
Hi. nice build:) few questions

1. How looks your gems if you have 5 link?
2. witch aura you use?
3. What give you heart of oak that is so good?
4. Shaper and reflexes are very important in this build bacuse it hink to chosse more life ( i will be hardcore player) ?
5. How looks leveling in this build? what you propose?:)

Thank You

1. I updated this in the guide
2. this too
3. 30% Stun Immunity. For this build it gets dangerous while you dont shoot at stuff.
4. You need the Mana Regeneration. This fuels Arctic Armor Level 20. 120% from Tree + 3x 40% from neck/rings is a MUST
5. Its updated in the guide
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 5, 2014, 12:49:44 PM
Hi, im deffo going to be levelling this tonight, I've always wanted to play fire witch but haven't had the time to sync into PoE lately. Quick Question though, why level with Firestorm through most of the game and not incin ?
I really want to play this build and now i 100% sure :p
What a great build idea, I'll give it a go.

2 questions:

1. I really hate Witch as the character model now. Played it too much. How viable is it as a Scion? We sacrifice 20% mana regen (40%, which is unreachable next to witch start, but we get 20% next to Scion start) and can backtrack to get the other Witch starting nodes. And if we want we can get Scion's Cast Speed nodes leading to Path of the Savant and it too.

2. If we get hit and Mind over Matter eats our mana, won't AA turn off when the mana hits low enough levels?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
crestidgecko wrote:
Hi, im deffo going to be levelling this tonight, I've always wanted to play fire witch but haven't had the time to sync into PoE lately. Quick Question though, why level with Firestorm through most of the game and not incin ?

Tbh. I havent tryed leveling with incinerate. Firestorm is a better option if you have not many links to your proposal. Incinerate shines when you have Added chaos + Life + Mana Leech + LMP/GMP running. But without manaleech and crazy regenartion (that naturally comes with a fully running talent tree + neck/rings) its not working out. But this is provided by at least a 4L Armor.

I know this is unfortunate.

But what you can try is to pick up a spell totem (at some quest) and spec into double totems, just for the leveling. Run Spell Totem + Incinerate + Added Chaos on a 3L.

Maybe pick up even more "totem survivabilty" stuff, the build comes across some quite good nodes. This might work out quite well. I highly encourage you to try this. Maybe I do this as well thinking about it.... :D

"
Jadran wrote:
What a great build idea, I'll give it a go.

2 questions:

1. I really hate Witch as the character model now. Played it too much. How viable is it as a Scion? We sacrifice 20% mana regen (40%, which is unreachable next to witch start, but we get 20% next to Scion start) and can backtrack to get the other Witch starting nodes. And if we want we can get Scion's Cast Speed nodes leading to Path of the Savant and it too.

2. If we get hit and Mind over Matter eats our mana, won't AA turn off when the mana hits low enough levels?

1. Scion Works fine. I did something for you here. Its almost equally as good as the witch one

2. No It doesnt. We run Mana Leech and refill the pool permanetly. Also If you eat a VERY BIG hit that fully drains your mana pool. Arctic Armor has some kind of "safety mechanism". It only turns of if you are at 0 Mana for "some time". I thaught this too but I havent had it turn of ever. And after I ripped I did some extrensive stress testing of the build with suicidal map mods .
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 5, 2014, 1:06:53 PM
this is what I was thinking, going for duel totems and specging out of it later this would also be more optimal for throwing in the Searing Bond mentioned earlier also. OP much !

However by double totem I presume you mean using Ancestral bond ?? That's very far away from the current build. Or are we talking double incins + double spell totems + double added chaos to drop multiple tots here and picking up support stats as we go by them ? because that seems insane
Last edited by crestidgecko on Mar 5, 2014, 1:13:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info