[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

"
Jadran wrote:
What a great build idea, I'll give it a go.

2 questions:

1. I really hate Witch as the character model now. Played it too much. How viable is it as a Scion? We sacrifice 20% mana regen (40%, which is unreachable next to witch start, but we get 20% next to Scion start) and can backtrack to get the other Witch starting nodes. And if we want we can get Scion's Cast Speed nodes leading to Path of the Savant and it too.

2. If we get hit and Mind over Matter eats our mana, won't AA turn off when the mana hits low enough levels?

1. You may want to check out ZiggyD's guide in the Scion forum. It's a good example of a scion EB/MoM guide, one that also uses Arctic Armour to its max. However it uses EK and not Incinerate, so there will obviously be differences. Whether it's the sort of thing you're looking for...well, it's at least worth a look.

2. AA does turn off if you lose all of your mana. In practice, with good regen and a decent mana pool, this doesn't actually happen very often at all. It's something to be aware of though. AA/EB/MoM is so good though that it's worth the minor inconvenience.
does the life leech nerf affect this build heavily?
thx for the effort btw will probably run this tonight
Oh noes I was so sure about starting as summoner, not this build looks awesome...my brain hurts!
"
Barandis wrote:

1. You may want to check out ZiggyD's guide in the Scion forum. It's a good example of a scion EB/MoM guide, one that also uses Arctic Armour to its max. However it uses EK and not Incinerate, so there will obviously be differences. Whether it's the sort of thing you're looking for...well, it's at least worth a look.

2. AA does turn off if you lose all of your mana. In practice, with good regen and a decent mana pool, this doesn't actually happen very often at all. It's something to be aware of though. AA/EB/MoM is so good though that it's worth the minor inconvenience.

Yeah I was thinking of this. My build draw a lot of inspiration from ZiggyD. He has also a very good video up that explaines the underlying defensive concept both builds have in common.

"
ptobai wrote:
does the life leech nerf affect this build heavily?
thx for the effort btw will probably run this tonight

I dont know exactly if it will affect this build at all. Before a life leech effect was basically queued after the one that happened before. This seems to affect "slow hitting" builds more than "fast hitting" ones. Since our flames comes so frequently we should have no problem to have life leech going at all times.

If it turns out it somehow is a problem we can always go vaal pact wich is not far away to pick up with this build.
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 5, 2014, 1:26:05 PM
im thinking on using this build on Ambush league looks pretty cool... any changes you would make if we go normal and not hardcore ?
"
LesTwins wrote:
im thinking on using this build on Ambush league looks pretty cool... any changes you would make if we go normal and not hardcore ?

Personally I'd keep it the same you could if you wanted and played with other people drop some HP nodes and pick up Fire Walker near witch start for added fire damage but like I said only start adding dps if your going to play with others otherwise your going to make solo play hard for yourself
"
GornoDD wrote:

Thanks mate, I'll give it some thought.

BTW, is there any reason we don't take Fire Walker and 2 nodes leading to it, for 31% increased Fire damage and +15% Fire Res for the price of 3 skill points?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
LesTwins wrote:

This is actually really hard with this build. Its such a huge synergy of many diffrent aspects that its quite hard to for "more damage".

Other than that the build does pretty crazy damage already. My tooltip dps on my old character was 2500 with Incinerate (with not fully leveled GMP and "Added" gems. What looks small on paper is actually crazy.

Incinerate Dps is 2500 + 3 x 2500 = 10000 for every stage of the spell
This x5 if you shotgun a single target with Greater Multiple Projectiles = 50000
This on a Triple Shocked Target x 1.9 (90% more damage) = 95000 Dps

You might think this is a quite uncommon scenario. But this build has Lighning Warp which always teleport to shotgun range with ease.

You can always sacrifice some "%hp" nodes for some elemental damage stuff but the overall profit in terms of damage would be small for much less survivabilty.

"
Jadran wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:

Thanks mate, I'll give it some thought.

BTW, is there any reason we don't take Fire Walker and 2 nodes leading to it, for 31% increased Fire damage and +15% Fire Res for the price of 3 skill points?

I was hoping someone asks this. Fire damage is only 1/3 of the damge incinerate does for us. Added Chaos and Added Lightning contribute the other 2/3.

Only going for one of these is not very beneficial for our dps. Sure, incinerate has 30% damage effectiveness only but these are still enough to match the fire portion of the overall damage. we want to go for "cast speed" wich is the best out of all DPS nodes. Spelldamage and Projectile Damage are equally as beneficial for our dps.
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 5, 2014, 1:55:08 PM
Intriguing build! Very tempted to try it out tonight, will see if firestorm leveling is any fun as well :)
IGN: Cerby / Cerbyy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info