[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

cool build, maybe i will start with this tonight
any tips how to play it as a starter?

its not like i have added lightning and chaos etc :D
"
prospecial wrote:
cool build, maybe i will start with this tonight
any tips how to play it as a starter?

its not like i have added lightning and chaos etc :D

Just start with firestorm and pick up some of the gems you need as quest rewards as you go. In my opinion LMP/GMP should be the last link if you only have a 4 link. Seems like you would need one of those gems for AOE. OP can correct me if he thinks otherwise I suppose. You can buy added chaos off of someone eventually, im sure. Other gems can be traded for too. None of the gems required for this build should cost very much from another player, even at the start of the league.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
Why not use CI?
What flasks are you using?
Sorry, don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'm wondering how you're planning on doing 76+ hard boss mods, such as Dom 78 -max ele res?

I've played incinerate tank for almost a year, using totems, BM, DPS, MoM - you name it, I have a whole toon for it. My current iteration is full block/spell block w/Anvil, as much life and armour as I can get, a lvl 23 arctic armour, and 0 dps nodes. It 'only' does about 35K dmg, but that's fine for all maps. I've even gone dual curse to perma Temp Chain and Enfeeble all bosses (ele weak for all other mobs). Going full spell block w/Rathpith/Rainbowstrides/passives eliminates thorns as a problem. Having said all that, I just don't have the life/survivability to just face roll really high maps w/killer mods. Your build, which is much more dps focused, will probably do fine up til 73-75, but after that, your low block and relatively low HP will probably show as weaknesses against hard hitting mobs.

I'm still working on how to re-flow my tree; just wanted to caution you about build expectations which may be a tad high.

Tref
Beginner friendly with 6L armor? -.-'
"
sarfios wrote:
Beginner friendly with 6L armor? -.-'

No you misunderstood it here. Its just an example. I added information about the priorities of gems for each level of links you have got. Also you dont need special unique items for this build and that its what makes it very user friendly and also very "race-viable" at the same time.

"
Trefenwyd69 wrote:
Sorry, don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'm wondering how you're planning on doing 76+ hard boss mods, such as Dom 78 -max ele res?

I've played incinerate tank for almost a year, using totems, BM, DPS, MoM - you name it, I have a whole toon for it. My current iteration is full block/spell block w/Anvil, as much life and armour as I can get, a lvl 23 arctic armour, and 0 dps nodes. It 'only' does about 35K dmg, but that's fine for all maps. I've even gone dual curse to perma Temp Chain and Enfeeble all bosses (ele weak for all other mobs). Going full spell block w/Rathpith/Rainbowstrides/passives eliminates thorns as a problem. Having said all that, I just don't have the life/survivability to just face roll really high maps w/killer mods. Your build, which is much more dps focused, will probably do fine up til 73-75, but after that, your low block and relatively low HP will probably show as weaknesses against hard hitting mobs.

I'm still working on how to re-flow my tree; just wanted to caution you about build expectations which may be a tad high.

Tref

I have did all that too. My biggest problem with block was that I wasnt able to pick up armor nodes or dps nodes. Block didnt provide a very "consistent" layer of defense. Its improtant to have more dps to actually make use of "life leech". A drain-tank needs to drain to survive and actually kill because you run out of resources.

I have to admit I didnt test palace though. You may be right that in Map Dominus fight this might provide a big problem. His damage is pretty super-crazy and there is pretty much no build that can really tank through it (not to my knowledge). This may be a bit of a exception. But I still think its doable if you play it carefully and know the machanics well.

One thing that works quite nice here. Since the machnics are the same. Swap out Incinerate for Fireball and kill him by offscreen shooting.

I will put up a note about untested maps in the guide, since Its not my intention to fool people.
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 6, 2014, 2:24:59 AM
Any word on how you could filter in Ancestral Bond for duel totem levelling with incin instead or firestorm ?
After life leech changes how viable is to face tank now with this build? And why no CI, no ES at all? Is my 1st witch and I am a bit lost.
Last edited by xRaimon on Mar 6, 2014, 6:40:36 AM
"
xRaimon wrote:
After life leech changes how viable is to face tank now with this build? And why no CI, no ES at all? Is my 1st witch and I am a bit lost.

The reason theres no ES is because you turn it all into mana with eldrich battery so you have a massive mana pool, then take mind over matter so that 40% of incoming damage goes to your mana before life. This requires a ton of mana regen and a huge mana pool so that you dont go OOM instantly and not be able to cast anything. It is also required if you intend to have Arctic armour up all the time as lvl 20 gives you about -500 mana\sec while moving.
Last edited by Shademehre on Mar 6, 2014, 9:23:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info