[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

"
Manlir wrote:
Hi

I'm currently using your build and loving it. Was thinking about trying something slightly different from your build. Its similar up to your 60 point build then changes.

First changes are instead of getting life nodes in the ranger area I went through the evasion wheel for EB and IR. The life nodes deficit will be made up later.
Instead of going up for steady hands I went down towards unwavering stance. This means we won't ever get stunned and we got iron reflex. Afaik Iron grip doesn't help incinerate so I didn't take it.
Then I go towards the marauder life starting area and the survival nodes.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpQthDjwVIBjbGYYZihzcJDwnLyepKPoppSpNLJws6S0fLYM1kjboOlI8jj38QYdEq0TnRnFJUUmySn1OKlWuVi1XK1fJWGNYr1ptW69fP2egajttGW-edPF4DXlof8aCEIIegseDCYUyh3aI8YzPj6aTJ5cGm7Wfy6KjpKynXKgYqW6sR6x_tAy18rc-vJ_BBMHzwzrEospK2wvdDd-w45_quuss7w7yL_ZI-ej8xf4K

Is this build viable do you think?

Looks interesting. The biggest problem I see is the severe lack of Armor nodes and Life nodes. Against hard hitting physical damage packs you will die pretty quick. Also you will have trouble running more Auras because you lack ES nodes too.

The Body and Sould wheel is really really good. I tryed dropping it myself but its simply too good. Alos "shocking" will not be possible without statics blows.

The whole unwavering stance thing is pretty overrated I think. Its really hard to implement this into the build but in fact getting stunned isnt that much of a problem. The reason for this is incinerate has some kind of safety mechanism. Even if you get a short stun your 3x modfier will not be interuppted that easily. I have never been stunlocked so hard that I couldnt get out. We have a pretty crazy castspeed and if it gets really nasty we just teleport to a better spot.

So changed my gear to more life and that was a huge change for me. Doing till now maps 71,72,73 without any problems! (not tried every map)
Thanks to both of you for the advice. Ill stick with the tried and tested Gornodd build for now and test mine later.
"
mustafa2812 wrote:

I'm only lvl 60 now and I have ~1400 mana with ~250 open. I don't understand how people can have upwards of 6000 or 7000 mana with 1500 available. Am I missing something or do these 3 auras really reserve a ton of mana? And it doesn't look like you run much more ES than I am already running. And my clarity is only lvl 14 so I'm not even reserving as much mana as I will in the future.

There is many things than can give you that amout of mana. For me and some other incinerate witch we have 2 or 3 piece of gear with great amout of ES. I have 500+ on chest 180 on head and 340 on shield for exemple.
You have two unique who can help:

I use it and that trust my mana pool to 6100 with discipline up.

good mana pool + mana reg amulet usefull if you have mana issu.

There is reduce mana gems + less mana reserved node but i see that you take them.

I think just having more ES on your gear and one of those unique can greatly help you. End maybe a lesser lvled clarity.

I think I figured out a way to slightly improve your lvl 90 build.

This is your lvl 90 build
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAuMEfgX5B6UV8BbzGNsZhRmGGYoabBqPGtsc3B0UHpQj9iQ8JKomPCepKPoppSycLR8tgy-dNuk6WDyOQ2NEq0WdRnFJUUmySn1OKlWuVcZWLVb6V8lY9VpIWm1br2aeZ6BnvW0Zb55xTXTxeqp_xoIQgh6Cx4MJhTKHGYd2j0aPppMnlwaaz5rgm6GbtZ3EoSKiQKKjpwinXKw_rEesf7QMtzG4k8HzwzrEospKz2XQ0NsL3FfdDd-w42rpc-q66-7uDu5v7_Dz3fT49tr5Y_no-tL7CfzF

This is mine using the evasion tree to skip the ranger life nodes as I said before. Same number of skill point is used in both.
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpRUgFvMY2xmFGYYZiho4GmwajxzcHRQelCQ8JKomPCepKPoppSpNLJws6S0fLYMvnTbpPI5DY0SrRZ1GcUlRSbJKfU4qVa5VxlYtV8lY9VptW69mnmegZ71sFm0Zb55xTXTxeqp_xoIQgh6Cx4MJg9uFMod2j0aPppBVkyeXBprPmuCboZu1ncShIqJAoqOnCKdcp4SsP6xHrH-0DLcxuJPAGsHzwzrEospKznHPZdDQ2wvcV90N37Djaulz6rrrLOvu7m_z3fT49tr56PrS-wn8S_zF

The nodes value I removed in total are 60 dex, 20 str and 54% life. The nodes value you gain are 30 str, 30 dex, 10% evasion, 56% life. In addition, this brings you closer to what I assume is your next goal 'faith and steel'.
Last edited by Manlir on Mar 10, 2014, 5:05:06 PM
Hi, I am a new POE player and as my maiden build this is the one I choose to follow.

I just read your latest update and it's much appreciated. I've been using Firestorm and Searing Bond so far. There is a lot I do not know in detail yet so I've been sticking to this guide pretty much so I don't mess up.

You weren't kidding when you said this build is mana intensive heh. When should I pick up EB btw? When I get my hands on a Life Leech gem so I can sustain my HP right?

I was able to get my very first link going today with Incinerate and Added Lightning Damage :)

Thanks for the guide and your continued updates, it's helped this new player alot.

Gl with your leveling, I rolled on Ambush league as well. I can't wait to get this full build rolling!
Thank you for the nice build!

One question: where do we get elemental resistances? I`m currently on cruel and already have low resists.
You get it almost entirely from items. You can take some of the 6% to all resists early game as placeholders but you will want to regret them later. The only ele resists nodes worth keeping are generally the ones which give over 10% or a bit less but has special effects attached to them like faith and steel.

edit: DONT hope to max your chaos resists. Higher the better but trying to get it to remain near 0 seems to be minimum requirement.
Last edited by Manlir on Mar 10, 2014, 5:52:00 PM
Is chaos damage that much more useful than shocking? If I don't believe I'll ever get a 6-link, should I even bother with Static Blows?
I have a question about this build and a few things I noticed on pewpewpew's build. I like some of the defense you get from his recommended shield saffel's frame and having a cast when damage taken lightning warp to move you around when taking massive damage. Is that not compatible with this build which seems to trade that for more damage on bloodrage or is there another reason you did not go that way.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by sazerac23 on Mar 10, 2014, 10:35:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info