[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

I have been running this build in Ambush, and it is tons of fun! I usually don't play casters, but I am glad I did this one! leveling through act 2 merc now, and it is pleasantly challenging, yet I still get progress, with some-what crappy gear.

I have a questions about the % armor and evasion nodes, like the ones in the "Body and Soul" and "Reflexes" circles, when using Iron Reflexes. Does the % increased armor apply to the armor value after IR or before, without all of the evasion converted? And does the % increased evasion apply to the raw evasion stat of an item, then it gets converted into armor from IR?

Lastly I have been thinking about using Added Cold Damage instead of Manaleech, to boost the dps; what are some thoughts on that?
IGN: Shady_McGrady
TBH dps is not gonna be problem, with 5L armor (which is cheap as hell on ambush right now) you gonna get 1200 dps at least ! I'm clearing Merci Docks in about 3-4 minutes, but yet still got problem with survavibility on mixed elemental casters in some locations. Don't think how improve your dps, think how to solve problem with mana :]
Thank you for updating the guide with the leveling details, really helpful!
"
ShadyMcGrady1 wrote:
I have been running this build in Ambush, and it is tons of fun! I usually don't play casters, but I am glad I did this one! leveling through act 2 merc now, and it is pleasantly challenging, yet I still get progress, with some-what crappy gear.

I have a questions about the % armor and evasion nodes, like the ones in the "Body and Soul" and "Reflexes" circles, when using Iron Reflexes. Does the % increased armor apply to the armor value after IR or before, without all of the evasion converted? And does the % increased evasion apply to the raw evasion stat of an item, then it gets converted into armor from IR?

Lastly I have been thinking about using Added Cold Damage instead of Manaleech, to boost the dps; what are some thoughts on that?

A good overview can be found in the wiki:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Iron_Reflexes

"
Koysky wrote:
TBH dps is not gonna be problem, with 5L armor (which is cheap as hell on ambush right now)

What is your definition of "cheap as hell"? On poe.xyz the prices for white 5L armors are AT LEAST 5 chaos, and these armor are probably not even that good. Some even go for 1 exalt.
Last edited by ComMcNeil on Mar 12, 2014, 4:34:35 AM
Im really sorry for missing some of your questions. I really try to help out everybody with their need for information.

"
ComMcNeil wrote:
"
ShadyMcGrady1 wrote:

A good overview can be found in the wiki:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Iron_Reflexes

"
Koysky wrote:
TBH dps is not gonna be problem, with 5L armor (which is cheap as hell on ambush right now)

What is your definition of "cheap as hell"? On poe.xyz the prices for white 5L armors are AT LEAST 5 chaos, and these armor are probably not even that good. Some even go for 1 exalt.

1) Its not. You dont get double value. Evasion nodes still provide the higher values. You will next ask why we still go for the body and soul wheel. Pure Armor nodes are applied post evasion.
2) Cheap is anything below 10 Chaos in a fresh league. 5c is a good price I think. Throuhout leveling its very likely to find up to 20c chaos until level 65-70. I found it the best way is to buy a "white" or bad but "high level" armor (56++) and alch/chaos it so get good/semi-good stats. Same goes for 6Ls. I baught mine (in the old league) for 5Ex and put about 20 Chaos into it to get the stats shown in the guide. Otherwise I would have paid up to 20Ex for that.

Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 12, 2014, 5:36:35 AM
Hey,

i just wanted to say that my witch lvl 40 is like my 2nd char on POE and i'm really enjoying your spec and your guide.

Thank you !
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
xRaimon wrote:
Are you still using Berserker Rage with the updated build?

I plan to switch to "Vaal Molten Shell". I got myself one today. Its seem pretty amazing. Blood Rage is also not bad if you get some quite high Chaos-Res. Its quite hard to achieve though.

Maybe I should do that, atm I'm using Molten Shell on CWDT but I guess I could make it 3 link and use a higher MS as normal skill.

By the way I'm 73 and I'm ejoying this build a lot very nice job with the build, this is what I'm using right now, got lucky with some nice drops like the helm or the boots hehe

Looks like a very nice build. Im gonna try it.
But how do you handle those fire resist mobs without penetration? Heard monsters can have up to 225% fire resists in worst case scenario. So elemental weakness would be useless on monsters who have atleast 125% fire resists.

Edit: Do you skip no regen/ 50% slower regen maps?
Last edited by royvisser1990 on Mar 12, 2014, 6:03:04 PM

I am now level 80, some changes gear level.

Spoiler

I do not think go higher yet. Thank you for this comprehensive guide, simple and effective!
Hello, first of all very nice guide thx for sharing and updating it, i am a follower since you made the first post. The build works well, but i have a few questions:
1. Can u explain why is life leech better then life gain on hit in this build (i have around 2300hp)?
2. Can u share your idea about the best Flasks set up for this build?
now im using these:
Spoiler

3. what about str gems, now im not leveling up then my base str cauz im afraid to making them too high base req, i know that it depends on the gear, but i cant see the future. What do u suggest, make some 30 str node? or stay with lower level ones?

Thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info