[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

You posted in your guide that on your old character your tooltip dps was 2500 (with GMP//added chaos// added light as damage supports i guess?)
Is that the tooltip dps you had with the gear you posted ? cause in ur gear section you only got a lvl 17 incinerate and low spelldamage on your wand.
i ask this cause i can only reach a max of 1500 tooltip dps at the moment with the same damage supports as you have and i even use LMP instead of GMP.
Im level 60 atm my incinerate is lvl 15 so are my damage support gems.

"
You said you were switching to Vaal Molten Shell, whats your gem setup now?

I'm using vaal molten shell now too.So now I have Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, Increased Duration linked to CWDT. This is instead of Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, and Decoy Totem. What are your thoughts on this?

- Vaal Molten Shell
- Increased Duration
- Life Leech

This is what i use. Vaal Molten Shell really owns hard. Maybe i add Added Chaos Damage or any other damage support gem later as 4th link
Last edited by royvisser1990 on Mar 15, 2014, 2:07:25 PM
Hi, following the build, liking it so far. I just took EB and Iron Reflexes, and I feel quite a bit squishier now. I'm taking massive one hit damage from random rare mobs that before weren't giving me any issues. Will this be better once I get to MoM, or did I take EB and IR too soon? Lvl 49 right now.
Hi there. I still consider myself a bit of a noob at this game but I have to say this is the most enjoyable build I have played so far, and certainly the one I have had most success with; so thanks for that.

I'm currently level 78 and have been unable to find a decent 6 link the last few days, but after speaking another player with a similar build I have ended up making some changes:
-Dropping Mana Leech for Added Lightning
-Droping Discipline for Grace
This is possible because my regen high enough to support this and could be pushed higher with more es gear. This has definitely improved improved damage output (~2K tool tip DPS) and the extra armour from grace has made it much tankier (I felt quite squishy without it), even if my life is on the low side (~3k).
Here is my current setup:

For a 6th gem when I do get a 6L I'm thinking Faster Projectiles for extra damage, though maybe Added Cold Damage would work?
"
EdricWild wrote:
Hi there. I still consider myself a bit of a noob at this game but I have to say this is the most enjoyable build I have played so far, and certainly the one I have had most success with; so thanks for that.

I'm currently level 78 and have been unable to find a decent 6 link the last few days, but after speaking another player with a similar build I have ended up making some changes:
-Dropping Mana Leech for Added Lightning
-Droping Discipline for Grace
This is possible because my regen high enough to support this and could be pushed higher with more es gear. This has definitely improved improved damage output (~2K tool tip DPS) and the extra armour from grace has made it much tankier (I felt quite squishy without it), even if my life is on the low side (~3k).
Here is my current setup:

For a 6th gem when I do get a 6L I'm thinking Faster Projectiles for extra damage, though maybe Added Cold Damage would work?

Sounds pretty good to me. My tooltip dps with GMP was 2840 with the gear shown in the guide.
Its definately possible. But I was having a hard time getting this rolling with my gear. Try to get castspeed going on rings/neck and your dps will really go crazy. 1% Castspeed is about 1.8 times as good for your dps as 1% spellpower. A neck with good Spellpower + Castspeed will give you a crazy dps-boost.
I dnt know what went wrong but for the last 2 days all I've been doing is dying trying to get to the fucking portal in Lunaris Lvl 2 from the Ebony Barracks portal. Either by desyncs or Lightning Thorns or Korn. or the million and one random DCs which has me resetting back to the start. I followed the build pretty much to a T passive tree wise but maybe I shouldn't have taken IR so soon? I am taking so much damage, I feel so squishy, I simply cant sustain AA if I want to move even abit.

Also I have to choose all the time whether I stay in and commit and hope the life leech beats out the dmg or risk running back and dying. The life leech is like my only mitigation and anything that hits hard which seems like everything now suddenly, breaks through that and I die. Those damn Blackguards charge me for alot of dmg, my last death just happened with some of them charging followed by a desync and death. My interest in Path of Exile is at an all time low.

Nothing good has dropped gear wise, and my attempt at using currency on some stuff to get better links and sockets failed. No gear, no mana, not enough life, so many deaths, so many desyns and DCs. No progress. This has been depressing.
Last edited by Gulrak on Mar 15, 2014, 5:44:34 PM
"
Gulrak wrote:
I dnt know what went wrong but for the last 2 days all I've been doing is dying trying to get to the fucking portal in Lunaris Lvl 2 from the Ebony Barracks portal. Either by desyncs or Lightning Thorns or Korn. or the million and one random DCs which has me resetting back to the start. I followed the build pretty much to a T passive tree wise but maybe I shouldn't have taken IR so soon? I am taking so much damage, I feel so squishy, I simply cant sustain AA if I want to move even abit.

Also I have to choose all the time whether I stay in and commit and hope the life leech beats out the dmg or risk running back and dying. The life leech is like my only mitigation and anything that hits hard which seems like everything now suddenly, breaks through that and I die. Those damn Blackguards charge me for alot of dmg, my last death just happened with some of them charging followed by a desync and death. My interest in Path of Exile is at an all time low.

Nothing good has dropped gear wise, and my attempt at using currency on some stuff to get better links and sockets failed. No gear, no mana, not enough life, so many deaths, so many desyns and DCs. No progress. This has been depressing.

Dont get frustated mate. PoE is a pretty hostile environment. Its pretty much sometimes "Dark Souls on Steroids" :D

I was like you once, getting frustated as hell not seeing myself ever amonst the rich and wealthy population of my league. But its about overcoming these obstacles and ascending by sitting down and see what you can do to improve. Im not even saying you to check your gear/life/manareg or resistances. PoE holds many treasures for the ones that "think".

Also dont ever shy away from trading. PoE has a pretty interesting system of when and when not to use currency and challange the RNG-God. While leveling its often wise to have a look
at http://poe.xyz.is/ and check for upgrades for a cheap deal.
Just posting to let you know this build is working fantastic for me. I'm doing 3 minute Dominus runs and I don't have a problem face tanking exiles on 77 and 78 maps. There are still some things I can't take as well as I'd like buy I only have around 2k armor right now. My one question for you is why did you get rid of Heart of Oak? The most annoying thing to me was getting mini stunned and having it break my incinerate cast. Getting Dream Fragments helped a ton. Did you notice much of a difference dropping Heart of the Oak? Currently I'm lvl 83. I've noticed that the dps is high enough for this build that I don't end up cursing very often aside from bosses and while blood rage increases my dps by around 500 I prefer not using it due to safety concerns.

I'm currently using this gear: With auras it puts me at 3443 hp and 3566 mana. I'm going to replace my cast on dmg taken links with lower lvl gems once I get them to 20% quality.
Last edited by Nalix on Mar 15, 2014, 10:00:58 PM
Hi,

any one tried to use criticl weakniss with Incinerate together with added cold/lightning damage?
Seems to be a good way for me to aplly shock stacks/freeze without quality gems.
how does the dmg output of this build compare to pewpewpew's?
"
alkoxide wrote:
how does the dmg output of this build compare to pewpewpew's?

His build is quite a bit tankier than this build. He also has mentioned once I think his dps is around 1000-2000 (dont quote me on that). Its quite a bit lower than this. Alos his use of so many legendaries somewhat limits the dps output. Alos hes using pure fire-dps. This is ultilizing chaos wich bypasses energy shield and non-specific resistances (like elemental).

I assume if you get to really high endgame gear with this build (mirrored stuff/max rolls) you can get to around 4k dps with GMP. This is pretty insane. thats about 152.000 dps on a single triple shocked target (Im not lying).

However his build is quite tanky and has also some pretty good ideas (like the teleport thing).

There is also a build in the scion forum wich has even higher Dps than this build. But I found this to have a servere lack of armour though and physical protection in general.

My build is some kind of middle-ground between the two. I highly encourage you to check out al similar builds before making your decision of wich you wanna use. Each one has its onw unique benefits.

"
SuperBrainy wrote:
Hi,

any one tried to use criticl weakniss with Incinerate together with added cold/lightning damage?
Seems to be a good way for me to aplly shock stacks/freeze without quality gems.

I dont recommend using CW. Incinerate has no crit chance on its own. getting ~5% is not helping much and the biggest downside is that you will make your targets "burn".

Burning means you dont get Increased Item Qulity benefits if the target dies from that damage.

That the real beauty of this build is to not be crit dependant at all. We do flat and raw damage.

"
Nalix wrote:
Just posting to let you know this build is working fantastic for me. I'm doing 3 minute Dominus runs and I don't have a problem face tanking exiles on 77 and 78 maps. There are still some things I can't take as well as I'd like buy I only have around 2k armor right now. My one question for you is why did you get rid of Heart of Oak? The most annoying thing to me was getting mini stunned and having it break my incinerate cast. Getting Dream Fragments helped a ton. Did you notice much of a difference dropping Heart of the Oak? Currently I'm lvl 83. I've noticed that the dps is high enough for this build that I don't end up cursing very often aside from bosses and while blood rage increases my dps by around 500 I prefer not using it due to safety concerns.

I'm currently using this gear: With auras it puts me at 3443 hp and 3566 mana. I'm going to replace my cast on dmg taken links with lower lvl gems once I get them to 20% quality.

Looks quite good so far. There is always room for improvement. I dont recommend skipping "+Life" on so many items. The damage of this builds is always enough to just run off "white gear". Your in Ambush so thats not really biggest concern. But to have a better time doing maps you want to get some of that.

I dropped hearth of oak for Elemental Adaptation and some general +%Life nodes. Not getting stunned is more than often just a question of good positioning. I play Dota2 between map-sessions and leanrned how important good positining is in general. Not having hearth of oak is a question of "you cant have everything". But your always free to alter the build to your liking. Its not set in stone though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info