Just played my paragon 106 barb in d3...THE BIG PATCH 2.01

"

Because creating a mule is no longer 4 stash tabs, thats ho i get to make that as a qualification.

Also, how would I know I was wealthy if I dont trade? Tell me that. Maybe im just tired of my progression being halted because im SUPPOSED TO BE TRADING.

Did that ever occur to you?
Who said you have to trade? If you have some OCD that makes you feel the need to have the best item possible for every slot, then yes poe is going to fuck with your head and I can see how you ended up where you are at now. That being said I don't want the game to be dumbed down just to resolve peoples item collecting fetishes.

And as far as the inv space goes, you weren't saying what is or isn't a stash page, you were saying that people are mechanically forced to buy stash tabs to play the endgame and that is utterly false. They are simply there for convenience and organisation.
Last edited by Splift on Feb 26, 2014, 11:20:45 AM
Loot 2.0 vanilla is not RoS. Vanilla 2.0 is kinda boring. With rifts and bounties and enchanting and gambling and stuff RoS is a much better game.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
RoS and PoE both have good points and bad points. RoS is a massive improvement on D3, however, and does go a long way towards repairing the brand image. It's not what I personally go for, but it's not just a plain bad game, anymore.
the economy of a player with 30 stash tabs and his megashop its bigger than a 4 stash and he can reroll easily because can keep good level items in his huge stash.
"
And its the same boring crap. Nothing major has changed. Oh yeah.. some retarded stat points and thats it..

Will give 40euro for that garbage ,after im dead and burried.

Path of exile right now is 10 times better quality game.
After the expansion it will be unreachable..

Blizzard may just set on fire their HQ, cuz nowdays they produce only utter garbage.

And thats from a guy used to play 6.5 years diablo2...

Blizard north is gone and the rest are spoiled college boys , without cent of ideas.

Chris Wilson is light years ahead of Blizz , idea wise and realisation.

My adivce for the people wanting to try reapers of scam. Dont its the same shit with minor adjustments..

Now lets see a site ,that i can sell my d3 cd.

you forgot to mention their customer support is totally shit GGG has the best customer support =)
"
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
Diablo3 has atm less players than diablo2 ,which makes it ABSOLUTE F-A-I-L.

Diablo 3 made Blizzard a great deal of money, and RoS will do the same.

This makes the game a success for Blizzard.

For a company with hundreds or thousands of employees those money are drop in the water in long terms..

If the company trust is lost, all those workers will be jobless in the next years.

Its not success. Its just breathing little above the water level.

PS. NONE of my 10 friends which bought diablo 3 will buy the expansion.

thats 0/10 in my area of living. And many pc magazines confirmed ,that the trust in blizz was severely broken with that imitation of diablo called diablo 3..

THE ONLY REASON D3 sold so many copies ,was based on the diablo2 memories..

The customers wont be fooled again..

If you think Blizzard is going under you haven't seen the earnings report. They are VERY solvent. WoW alone, while subscriptions are down, is still racking in absurd money. D3 while critically bashed by users has sold a crazy number of copies. Who cares about retention, they get the money upfront, like nearly every video game. And for the D2 memory folks. Times change. You are not 16 anymore playing video games all night. The demographics and expectations change. There will NEVER BE ANOTHER D2. Get over it.

If you think RoS will be a failure, I'm not sure what standards you are using. How many copies sold would be a failure for you? I fully expect a very large turnout for it.

Finally for those saying $40 bucks is expensive. I'm not trying to be elitist, but that's beyond absurd. That's like a decent pizza and a 12 pack, or a tank of gas. And you will get far more entertainment out of it. Unless you are unemployed, bankrupt, or living with your parents, the free to play vs. paying upfront is a joke. (if it wasn't the console based gaming would be a failure)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Here is what D3 has that POE doesn't...free loot..log into D3 get bombarded with free gear because that's what kids wanted, D3 sucked because it took a week to get fully leveled and geared then you just sit around ( like WoW ) and wait for the next patch. seems like Blizzard corp went for the soft core kids who have the gimme gimme disorder.
white knight
A gaming term used to describe a male gamer who, in a desperate attempt to get himself laid, will attempt to woo or impress any female gamer he comes across online by being overly defensive of her
I see a lot of people praising loot 2.0/RoS because the re-itemization and smart drops has quickly produced upgrades for people who've been farming for quite some time without finding anything notable. The problem is that isn't because these things have fundamentally changed the loot hunt or item progression. All it really has done is created a soft-reset on that progression by upping how commonplace legendary and correct affix rares tend to drop and in the end because they are commonplace they will rapidly become vendor/salvage trash. The item hunt will further devolve into hunting for 1% better versions of the legendaries items people already have and be right back to the same endless meaningless farming for ridiculously rare miniscule upgrades.
"
Hackusations wrote:
I see a lot of people praising loot 2.0/RoS because the re-itemization and smart drops has quickly produced upgrades for people who've been farming for quite some time without finding anything notable. The problem is that isn't because these things have fundamentally changed the loot hunt or item progression. All it really has done is created a soft-reset on that progression by upping how commonplace legendary and correct affix rares tend to drop and in the end because they are commonplace they will rapidly become vendor/salvage trash. The item hunt will further devolve into hunting for 1% better versions of the legendaries items people already have and be right back to the same endless meaningless farming for ridiculously rare miniscule upgrades.

Isn't that true for every loot based game? At some point you will have BiS gear. You are just saying that RoS gets you there too fast?

Sadly I believe there are many players that just want to be powerful and smash through monsters. That was one of the things that made D2 great. Being a god is fun.

I think the main issue was moving from a skill based progression to a gear based progression. But it doesn't hold true for everyone. D3 on the consoles did pretty well.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Feb 26, 2014, 12:39:24 PM
"
CCR5 wrote:
"
jstq wrote:
nobody pick up rares and blues

who picked them up anyway?

Au contraire! I was using this until a week ago:

I finally got a better weapon drop in Merciless Act II for my level 64 Marauder

I cruised most of Cruel with the blue staff until I finally got a better rare to drop. Up until then all the rare staves, axes, and other 2 handers were without a better % increased physical damage modifier so the magic staff delivered the best ST and melee damage until Merciless Act II.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info