Just played my paragon 106 barb in d3...THE BIG PATCH 2.01

"
jstq wrote:
nobody pick up rares and blues

who picked them up anyway?
"

You forgot to mention THE FREE EXPANSION instead the 40$ the blizzard mafia wants for the crusader...

THats 10 points for Poe.

To be fair, I wouldn't call PoE free cause starting with 4 stash tabs is more like playing a free demo version. I'd say one needs at least 2 additional stash bundles to have normal gameplay. I wouldn't call the "create 1000 level 1 mule characters" a tolerable alternative.

I'd also throw in the skin transfers, unless one is prepared to play with a ridiculous-looking hero (purple boots... no pants Templar... etc.)

Not complaining, prices are completely reasonable, just pointing it out.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Diablo3 has atm less players than diablo2 ,which makes it ABSOLUTE F-A-I-L.

Diablo 3 made Blizzard a great deal of money, and RoS will do the same.

This makes the game a success for Blizzard.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
4 tabs is more than enough to play through the game completely free.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:

Yep, free demo. That's what I said.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Artanthos wrote:
"

For a company with hundreds or thousands of employees those money are drop in the water in long terms..

If the company trust is lost, all those workers will be jobless in the next years.

Its not success. Its just breathing little above the water level.

PS. NONE of my 10 friends which bought diablo 3 will buy the expansion.

thats 0/10 in my area of living. And many pc magazines confirmed ,that the trust in blizz was severely broken with that imitation of diablo called diablo 3..

THE ONLY REASON D3 sold so many copies ,was based on the diablo2 memories..

The customers wont be fooled again..
I tried a bit on PTR. D/L'ing patch and may give it a more solid go.

All my characters have trash tier gear cause I sold all the good stuff I had in the RMAH before all big inflation and everything becoming worthless; still think game was a bit easy on Torment 1. Pace of combat is too fucking slow (after almost 1.5y of playing PoE on and off this feels so big lol). Loot & the more SP gear progression aspect is refreshing after more than a year of having to deal with BS.

My main grip with the game is character building is absent from the game (no RPG element in it), and the game is made for 12y old (dumbed down as fuck). This is why I still think that PoE still is better despite all the outrageous mechanics & design that are basically anti-fun... for now.

When I play D3 I feel I'm not getting anywhere, feels like a waste of time because my character is not maturing. In PoE at some point you reach that too but it takes way longer and the process is more interesting (most of the time), specially if you don't RMT or play 'Wall St Simulator' too much. But even so, levelling itself takes time and grows your character.

Itemization still is better in PoE in general, but in D3 it got better, both have good & bad things; before PoE was clearly a winner. Still weapon dps being focus for all classes dumbest decision ever in D3. For example how PoE bases synergize with certain passives and keystones and are different for each character, this is much more homogenized in D3. But at the same there a lot of bad unique and rare mods in PoE, and in some aspects D3 got better.

Not having to deal with bullshit decisions that create insane desynch & bad optimization is cool for a change. Art style, I prefer PoE actually. Combat... meh, for both games, given how slow combat is in D3 in general and dumb fuck are mobs in PoE and the extreme combos of one-shoot bullshit scaling (GMP -max extra ele dmg birds).

In the end, as far as rpg's none of the two are quite there I'm looking forward to try Dark Souls 2 if it's well optimized for PC & Witcher 3 (the previous two being masterpieces), ARPG's... maybe Grim Dawn is better than D3 in some of these aspects (and it surely is better than PoE in others), but it didn't appeal me much (will give it a try though).

P.S: I bought RoS with money I still had in my balance from RMAH trololololol Will play for about a week probably before playing other game being released in April.
Last edited by knac84 on Feb 26, 2014, 10:29:16 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:

Only if you dont have any intentions of going past the normal content which we all know in an aRPG isnt even really what the majority of players enjoy, its all about the endgame.

Try to break into maps with only 4 tabs and you will struggle. Hell you need just about a full tab of 66 maps before you even begin mapping if you want to give it an honest effort. Probably also another entire tab of alts, trans and augs. You will need some space for gems and items as well. After all of this I highly doubt that you will have any room for saving rings, belts and ammys for the chaos recipe.

And like someone else said, making mules is absolutely NOT an acceptable solution, some people just dont have any choice.
"
"
iamstryker wrote:

Only if you dont have any intentions of going past the normal content which we all know in an aRPG isnt even really what the majority of players enjoy, its all about the endgame.

Try to break into maps with only 4 tabs and you will struggle. Hell you need just about a full tab of 66 maps before you even begin mapping if you want to give it an honest effort. Probably also another entire tab of alts, trans and augs. You will need some space for gems and items as well. After all of this I highly doubt that you will have any room for saving rings, belts and ammys for the chaos recipe.

And like someone else said, making mules is absolutely NOT an acceptable solution, some people just dont have any choice.

4 tabs were perfectly fine for me in the months i was playin poe.
I was selling in masses maps and havent problems saving them into stash tab n4.
n1 were the orbs amd n2 and 3 were the valuable items.

Spoiled kids will be spoiled everywhere..
"
Artanthos wrote:
"

There's a lot more to the equation than money earned minus money invested. Brand enhancement and brand damage matter.

Blizzard had a platinum-clad reputation before D3. D3 did a LOT of brand damage. The expansion has to undo some of that damage or it wont be worth ANY amount of profit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info