[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

Does three dragons helmet work with detonate dead?
You wouldn't burn them anymore, but shock them instead. And only 1 stack as well, which kinda... well sucks. Plus you won't be able to use chance to ignite, and will be stuck with a 20 - 30% chance to shock max instead of the 50%+ chance to ignite.

It might work for a support/aura build that focuses on being support purely. Since your attacks still hit hard, it will most likely shock for a long duration.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Umm how do you use the carcass jack with NO DEX?!?!?!
Should you level your char with other build and change to DD build at late game? Or this build is strong from the start?
IGN: WereJackal
@monkeydave: Ah yes, you might want to pick up those 2 30+ dex nodes. When 1.2 hits, I'll update it after a quick test :)

@WereJackal: In invasion, I started this build using Molten Strike(happened to find a few good ele weapons). In Domination, I went with Flameblast until 50ish(started using DD after I was done with ledge)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Is dd not good enough to use until lvl 50?
Not really. The burn doesn't proc often enough, and however it can kill, flameblast just gives you a far easier time throughout the early game. DD will really pick up when the mobs get stronger :)
I am a nice guy.
"
Not really. The burn doesn't proc often enough, and however it can kill, flameblast just gives you a far easier time throughout the early game. DD will really pick up when the mobs get stronger :)

Aren't you the same guy who made PewPewPew's official Starter-Friendly LW/Incinerate Build
Which would you say is the better and easier build for starting fresh in a new league?

I am also taking into consideration gems. Which build gets most of their gems via quest rewards?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 8, 2014, 1:59:59 PM
That's me :)

I'd say incinerate, start as a witch though. Even though the Templar get most of his gems, except for DD(which is a quest reward for breaking some eggs, so obtained within a few minutes), I just feel it's hard to play without the uniques late game. Especially when mapping, you are defenceless, the only way you can survive is by killing them, before they kill you. And that's perfectly doable, if you have the CJ and RG, it's no biggie(or a 5 link), but if you don't, it's going to be quite hard, if you want to do higher maps(72+). While Incinerate can last without uniques, and even so, the Infernal Mantle has always been cheap - 5 Chaos max, usually 1-3 chaos. And even by just playing, you should come across that many chaos :)

But both are doable as a starting char. I plan on using DD for the one month - mostly because I made so many incinerators, want to have a change of pace :D
I am a nice guy.
"
That's me :)

I'd say incinerate, start as a witch though. Even though the Templar get most of his gems, except for DD(which is a quest reward for breaking some eggs, so obtained within a few minutes), I just feel it's hard to play without the uniques late game. Especially when mapping, you are defenceless, the only way you can survive is by killing them, before they kill you. And that's perfectly doable, if you have the CJ and RG, it's no biggie(or a 5 link), but if you don't, it's going to be quite hard, if you want to do higher maps(72+). While Incinerate can last without uniques, and even so, the Infernal Mantle has always been cheap - 5 Chaos max, usually 1-3 chaos. And even by just playing, you should come across that many chaos :)

But both are doable as a starting char. I plan on using DD for the one month - mostly because I made so many incinerators, want to have a change of pace :D

Cheers. Just looking for some mindless easy starter build. Haven't started anew since anarchy league a long time ago. So i don't know what it's gonna be like to build up the empire of build enablers again =)

Might do your incinerate build then instead of this.

Back to this build again.
Why don't you use spell totem + summon skeletons? Or vaal skeletons? As decoy vs dangerous targets like bosses, exiles and what not? Wouldn't this make sense?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 10, 2014, 11:20:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info