[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

Updated the basics of this guide!

I hope to have this guide at least somewhat completed before the new leagues start!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
My damage gets boosted by the increased area damage from the Carcass Jack, and the fire and elemental damage from my wapon. IR/IQ is an option, though I don't know how burn and IR works.. If you link Increased Rarity to Detonate Dead, and the burn from Detonate Dead kills something, so we get the IR from the linked gem as well? Or just from the gear?

IIR (and IIQ) gems work with degen kills now (fixed in 1.02 patch), so you can link IIR to DD and benefit from it.

In terms of squishiness, have you considered substituting Lightning Coil in place of Carcass Jack? If you can manage the lightning res malus and cap resists through Purity of Lighting + gear, the phys damage reduction is really nice.
Woot, new guide!

Sigh :P

Wanted to do some quick testing with the lightning coil I had in stash. Tried to 5 link it. Well, I guess most 6 links happen this way eh? :D

Though Lightning Coil isn't great for this build - the lack of ES kinda wrecks, and the decrease in AoE is noticeable.

Quick update ;P
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
I think CI will better than life-based.
How do you handle reflect? Do you just instadie from it?
Can I link Desecrate with Trap?
I've been playing this on my scion off and on for month or so, and I've never had a problem with reflect. I've got Rise of the Phoenix, and I assume it helps, but even before I had it I don't remember reflect being an issue. There is a bit of an issue with mobs getting in our safe zone. Although, with the speed at which things die, it's not hard to get them before they get to you. If you're in a zone with leapers, just be sure to place some corpses at your feet. Life leech on detonate dead is ok, but facetanking is out of the question. I have a 6L Carcass Jack, which of course isn't mandatory, but sure helps a lot.

YES YES YES!! Can't WAIT for this build to be done, templar forum is very nearly dead and your guides are fucking TOP NOTCH. I hope you do a Shadow build next since they will improve his shit, I've heard.
Have you considered a searing touch? I know the +2 fire gems wouldn't apply to DD, but it would apply to fire pen, ignite and proliferation. Would the hit to survivability be too great? Maybe it could be countered by using DonaldF's build instead with iron reflexes and mind over matter. Would be missing the big fire circle with the 30% increased ignite time from your build though.

Just throwing out ideas. I'm pretty sure I'll be using either this or DonaldF's build for the new leagues. Don't think I would use the helm though as I would like to eventually 6l with increased aoe or something as the 6th gem.
IGN: Bootleg_Fireworks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info