[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

"
justinm75 wrote:
Have you considered a searing touch? I know the +2 fire gems wouldn't apply to DD, but it would apply to fire pen, ignite and proliferation. Would the hit to survivability be too great?

It would apply since Detonate Dead has a Fire keyword, which would increase the mana cost of DD for no tangible benefit. Fire Pen, Chance to Ignite and Elemental Proliferation all provide a very marginal increase for each gem level gained, so + 2 each of them wouldn't improve the build in any material way. So you'd essentially be trading off the very significant defensive benefit of a shield for the increased cast speed, fire and burning damage affixes of ST, which is not a trade I would make, especially considering that a well rolled sceptre claws back some of the offensive benefit of going with ST.
Looking into rolling this for the new challenge leagues after loving your incinerate build and the way it was layed out. You reckon this will be mostly finished by then or not? Just wondering :)
~3945 18/12/2023
I actually speced into lighting reflex for the Armour def.
using grace for the extra Armour and flask i can pretty much face tank while using incinerate and life leech. Witch is a nice combo to single target dmg this build sometimes lacks.

im missing alot of mana nodes so i cant run purity.
But i run clarity,grace with makes my armour around 5k. double flask im at 25k.
trying out searing touch with incinerate for single dmg . REALLY fun build. :D
Finished testing!

Also did a small update, this guide is now halfway done! I will most likely finish writing it tomorrow, or the day after!
I also updated the guide with another small video :>
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
Finished testing!

Also did a small update, this guide is now halfway done! I will most likely finish writing it tomorrow, or the day after!
I also updated the guide with another small video :>

nice one.

have you consider using a doon?

for my DD build, still at lvl74 though i melt everything due to doon double stacking 92% damage on the initial explosion and another 92% on the burning. i believe that atm i have a +291% in the initial blast and another +339% on the burning part.

also another easy way to deal with reflect/gathering with any DD build i have found out to be searing totem since it ends up doing nasty damage by itself without any other investment (mine does atm 8.5k at lvl17 gem)

damage atm is so high that i usually don't even have to use conc for trash but leave it out for bigger aoe and putting it in only for the boss.

build and gear on the spoiler below if you want to check them out so as not to clatter your guide.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEDxgSzBVsGDgn2EmkUIBRNFHEVUBccGS4ZhRo4GmwfAiSLJKolrSftKU8qjSycMZ41kjbFNtg26TrYOuE8BTwtPQ89X0bXSRtN41BHUlNVrlcNY_1xeXrmfLt99YKbgziHZYgbiPGLjJBVl4WXlZf0nC2drp7Nn9-iAKZXpwinMKeErFmvt7c-xPbFisau0iHUfNgk2WHa3eFz42rkIudj52rsOOxV7SDvfO-F8B_yRfNx893-Cv6P

i usually have also linked a purity of fire to bing up my fire resist up to 81% and so far reflect isnt a problem, and double reflect can be dealt by searing bond
Last edited by shroudb on Feb 27, 2014, 4:24:51 PM
i haven't been able to fix my survivability issues and i guess i won't.

my char has a cloak of defiance so i should have around 7k effective hp.

but that doesnt really matter. there will be those occasions where you get jumped by a bunch of frogs or stupid dominus will desync until you stand right before him when he gmp-fires.

i would still advise to use mines. the damage is absurd so you can just scale burn from your items and get defense where ever you can.
Nice build will try it for sure when I get to reset my Templar.

May I ask what you use to make videos? I've been planning to do some myself but can't decide on what software to use.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
this is awesome, bump
"Yeena thinks she knows the Spirit. That it talks to her. She talks to herself." -Greust <3
Took me a bit longer than expected, but I did it, I finished my Detonate Dead build :D

.. For now :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
I'm very interested in this build, the problem is, how do I make it tanky enough? AA alone doesn't seem like enough IMO.

even in ShroudB's build the only defense I see is pure HP which can easily get demolished by hard hitting enemies

If only there was some way to integrate armor or evasion or enough auras to really boost the defenses.

I think i'm gonna try out using doon if I can make a build with enough STR and maybe utilize armor + determination for defense.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info