[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

"
I wouldn't call it a "huge" nerf. But we'll see how it plays out in the end :)

I would call it a GIGANTIC nerf

They had to scale the damage on higher maps down and up the damage on the low level maps. But nerfing the cast speed was an overkill, it is just a slower version of flameblast now <_<
Gear for 1.2? Uniques, stats, etc.
"
Dettix wrote:
Gear for 1.2? Uniques, stats, etc.

I haven't touched or tried detonate dead since the nerf. Looks like everyone else did the same. Judging by the void since pre nerf nothing here would suggest otherwise...sadly.

Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 10, 2014, 4:55:07 PM
I respecced my templar to this build again. I was wrong back in September. Build is still working fine.
Don't remember what old skill tree had and didn't have so i made a new:

Final tree mind you. 103 points. Picked up all the essentials.

Dunno why the author isn't updating this anymore. Seems like a waste for a fine build and guide.

Dd now does pure fire damage so we can probably level with it all the way from the moment we pick up the gem.

Only real difference is that we need to level the gem now.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 16, 2014, 10:16:41 AM
Thanks for the update, kompaniet!
Pls, can you post your items?

Greetings
Last edited by Vaiel on Dec 16, 2014, 8:58:06 PM
"
Vaiel wrote:
Thanks for the update, kompaniet!
Pls, can you post your items?

Greetings

I only have my standard league dd templar and items. But i would probably use something similar in torment where i play now. Maybe more like the items mentioned in this guide. I haven't actually leveled up this build in torment yet because i found a nice 2 hander and wanted to make a static strike marauder instead.

Doryani belt is pretty nice for the 20 chaos it is (torment prices)
Atziri's amulet is 1 chaos. Cheap and good. Helps a ton with mana management for arctic armour.

Doryani weapon is still 2-3 exalt in torment. I probably wouldn't get this until very late if ever. Only if i was very rich. It has 100% elemental damage and 1% leech. It's nice but overkill. You will do fine with a 1-5 chaos sceptre. Only need elemental and fire damage. Means you can get mana and mana regen on a rare sceptre = better for arctic armour.

Use aurseize on 90% of my charachters hehe. I'm a magic find freak. They are so nice.
Can go dual sceptre for more damage instead of shield but shield helps with arctic armour and eb.

I use windscream because i put enfeeble in my cwdt link. So it doesn't overwrite flammability. It's nice boots for this build too got everything but life.

I noticed one thing when leveling with detonate dead gem from lvl 1 in torment. It wasn't as fast and efficient as leveling with a normal spell gem like fire balls or freezing pulse or ice nova. I think you would be wise to not level with dd. It picks up in strength later on when monsters have more life.

I only leveled up to lvl 15 or so to test it. I would get that rime gaze unique helm as soon as possible. It's so good with the built in conc effect. Too bad it requires lvl 65 but it's a cheap 5 link.

Everything in the guide here is still solid except the passive tree and that we need to level up detonate dead gem.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 27, 2014, 6:50:30 PM
What you can do with cheap 1-3 chaos items on a 76 map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvXfSSPLZg&

Passive skills: http://poeurl.com/y95J6R6

Items used in video:
Spoiler

Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 30, 2014, 6:59:19 AM
Hello,

It seams to me there is something very wrong with this build.
We are aiming to deal 85% corpse hp damage on explode:

"
If we get 200% extra fire/elemental/area damage from our tree and gear - which is easily obtainable, we deal 18+(18(200%)) = 52% of the corpses base damage in fire. And that is just Detonate Dead vanilla. Add in Concentrated effect for an additional 64% more damage, to get around 85% damage dealt of the detonated corpse max life.

However this calculation: 18+(18(200%)) = 52% seams to assume Detonate Dead to deal 18% damage when it actually deals only 8%.

Furthermore the gear showed in section "my current gear" has all kinds of increased spell damage but that does not apply to Detonate Dead. When we add up all the extra fire/elemental/area damage we only get +32% and that's a long way to +200%. Combine that with Detonate Dead dealing less then half the assumed damage and we end up with less then +16% instead of +200% no including passives.

Please do explain to me how I misunderstood the whole thing.
I'm just wondering around, and stump up on this thread :3

"
Pirs02 wrote:
Furthermore the gear showed in section "my current gear" has all kinds of increased spell damage but that does not apply to Detonate Dead. When we add up all the extra fire/elemental/area damage we only get +32% and that's a long way to +200%.

"
If we get 200% extra fire/elemental/area damage from our tree and gear

Do you see the words I bolded & underlined ? Yes, his gear had only +32% on elemental and fire combined, but he had stated that the 200% is from both "tree" and "gears".

And you know this build is made for 1.1.5? Detonate Dead was nerf in 1.2 as you can see from the gem change logs at wiki.. The damage was reduced to 8% as it is now. That was why the thread is quite inactive in the last few months.
Is this build still viable for HC in 1.3?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info