[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

"

Efficiency notes:

Don't take Ash, Frost, and Storm cluster (40% Elemental Damage) unless definitely going to Shaper and further south. The 5 points it takes to get there could be spent in Shadow start for 58% Elemental Damage (Fire->Trickery->Elemental Damage x3).

Doing this, you could also trade Harrier + Hired Killer for Blood Siphon, Soul Siphon, and Coordination (ignoring one of the Mana nodes).

You lose 6% Movement Speed, 10 Int, 15 LoK, gaining 10% Life, 26% Mana, 10 Mana base, 5 MoK, 20 Str, and 20 Dex.

Lastly, drop Dreamer for Deep Thoughts. It's +5% Mana Regen, +20 Int, and you could even drop the 8% Mana node to pick up a spare point. If you also drop Harrier, it's +5% Mana Regen, +10 Int, and a spare point.

With the 2 spare points, grab Shadow start for another 28% Elemental Damage, +10 ES. Given that, even going for Shaper, I don't think Ash, Frost, Storm cluster is efficient.
Going to play this build in the new league. We stick to templar I guess?
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!
Templar 4ever.

This build is actually one of the few that isn't slowed down by the map fracture mod. Free quantity so to speak.
"
Detonate Dead: This now deals entirely fire damage. It deals 8% of corpse damage as well as flat damage. The damage increase per level has been significantly increased. The base cast speed has been increased from 850ms to 800ms. Quality on this skill now offers substantially less cast speed, from 60% cast speed at 20 quality to 20% cast speed at 20 quality.

Not sure what the flat values will be. But this will most likely mean we need to have good scaling to get DD working in those higher end maps. I'm happy there's still this 8% corpse scaling, this way, detonating blues and higher will still result in insane damage :)

But due to the decrease in scaling, I am more attracted to the damage nodes - the reason I don't go down. You are still free to follow up, and I might change my tree if I find it necessary, but until then, I'll stick with what I have here :)

Thanks everyone for your valuable input and feedback!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
So leveling DD now would be a good idea?
Yes. that 8% is just far too low all by itself. I expect the flat damage to be in line with most other fire skills.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Aug 19, 2014, 9:49:23 AM
So its not directly a nerf, but more of a "yo we need a bit of gear now"-adjustment?
Idk what to say about this nerf... they tosseed bad bomb in ma pond :<! Guess its time to look for new build :C.
Detonate dead is... dead.

From: Explosion deals Base Fire Damage equal to 18% of the corpse's maximum Life
To: 8% of the corpse's maximum Life.

:(
But it's complete fire damage now, so it's just a shifting of the numbers. With enough scaling we will still be fine.

You guys would be better of testing the skill before saying its dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info