[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

It would... if the bosses survive long enough :P

DD has insane clearing speed. Check out some of the vids - I clear some of the highest bosses(like the warmonger)within seconds. Even if I summoned a skeleton totem before the fight, I would only have a few skeletons up as defence. I guess Vaal skeleton will be of use though. I will make sure to test it :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
It would... if the bosses survive long enough :P

DD has insane clearing speed. Check out some of the vids - I clear some of the highest bosses(like the warmonger)within seconds. Even if I summoned a skeleton totem before the fight, I would only have a few skeletons up as defence. I guess Vaal skeleton will be of use though. I will make sure to test it :)

Fair enough. Just thought it would be helpful. You said on the previous page:

"
Especially when mapping, you are defenceless, the only way you can survive is by killing them, before they kill you.

Sounded like a skeleton totem would be nice as what it does is provide a lot of evasion depending on how you look at it.

Leveling this build. Currently only lvl 45. Looking forward to burn stuff =)

I saw your videos but it was only against bosses. No normal gameplay.
I asssume the main damage in this build is the afterburn damage spreading via ele pro? Not the main damage from corpse explosions?
Alright. Leveled up my templar to 78 now with this build.

Used a rime gaze up to lvl 76 then i bought a simple carcass jack with 1 gem socket and managed to 6l it with only 60 fusings so i have then replaced my rime gaze with another helm and moved detonate dead to my chest.

I replaced my scepter with a doryani as well. Looked liked the perfect weapon for this build.

The only downside with this build or any build that uses detonate dead as main skill is that it kinda sucks until lvl 60+ areas and maps which makes it unusabe for a large part of the game.

I tried using dd in the forest in act 2 merciless but it was rather slow and weak. Better and more efficient to just use another fire skill like searing bond or fire traps. But when you reach lvl 60+ areas it really starts to rock. Now it's prety much one click and the whole screen is gone in a second :D

Really powerful and fun build. But after playing it this would probably be my second charachter's build in a fresh league.

Some tweaks i made:

1. Windscream boots. 1 chaos item. Now cwdt+enfeeble doesn't overwrite flammability.

2. Doryani belt. For some reason the fire version was 1 exa while the cold version was 1 chaos. No sense. But it's a good belt for this build imo. More ignite chance, a little leech and damage boost. Pretty solid if you can afford it.

3. Cwdt+enduring cry+spell echo. Stole this idea from another guy. Casts ec twice instead of once. No downsides as i can see. More charges for free.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 20, 2014, 12:09:30 AM
I went ahead and added some more shield block and shield defence instead of fire damage. As my charachter is pretty tweaked i really don't need any more damage than i already have.

Also replaced the two 8% fire damage nodes with the two 10% burning damage nodes to be safer vs reflect.
I have no problem clearing a 77 map with enfeeble and curse immunity.

40% shield block atm with a 24% base archon shield. Really nice to have. Gonna be getting more life next as that is the only thing i need more. My charachter is soon finalized.

The other thing i did was remove resolute technique to save a lot of points as i won't be going down for the fire damage nodes. Detonate dead has a low 4% crit chance and we don't spec into crit chance at all. A crit only adds 50% extra damage anyway so it feels like the right thing to do.

I even did an elemental reflect map just to test this setup and it seemed to work fine. Just pop a fire flask if you need to blow up a huge pack.

My endgame setup. Lvl 80 ish.

If i would do anything differently i would definitely get the extra endurance charge from oak.
I'd much rather have 4 charges than 3. It helps a lot with cwdt endurying cry/immortal call.

This helm is decent for arctic armour if you happen to have a 5l for detonate dead. But a sceptre with +2 cold skills/+1 all gems is probably the best. But very expensive.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 21, 2014, 2:29:32 PM
Really lucky 6linking that cloak but so was i with my carcass :)

I think cloak and carcass are the best choices for this build. Either the cloak for defence or carcass for offense.

But i don't see anything good with chernobog's pillar. The shield. You should look for something better.

Physical damage converted to fire damage.
We don't do any physical damage.

Chance to curse enemies with enfeeble on hit
It's only a lvl 1 enfeeble. Can detonate dead even trigger this? It would overwrite flammability in any case.

Besides the 1000 armour which is half decent it has no other redeeming qualities. I would prefer something with life, mana, better resists, energy shield so many good mods u can get.

Just my thoughts.

FadeXF how was the build to level up with? When did you start using detonate dead? What skill did you level with?

I'm not sure which build i will start with in the new upcoming leagues. Maybe gonna make another detonator after all. This build is so strong end game.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 23, 2014, 9:24:53 AM
"
LOL ok woops, I misread that I thought the shield converted some physical damage TAKEN to fire damage. WOOPS. Yeah I'll switch that out right now. =/

You may be right. I read it as physical damage taken BUT it actually doesn't say if it's damage taken or damage done. Perhaps it works both ways. I am not sure. The wiki doesn't say either.
Recorded a short 3 minute gameplay to showcase the power in a typical 78 map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk00qODQxNM
I made a beeline for the bosses to keep it short.
Well, This build is up to par, updated the entire tree, and made a few video's to celebrate it! Hurray!

[1.1.5]VS the Academy(76): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBbFeFBdv68
[1.1.5]VS double Magaera(76): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSMJvp2dHfs

I took along your suggestions and put them in the first post, thanks for the feedback guys :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
thank you for video Appels Zijn Gezond! I started. Having Rime Gaze & Carcass Jack 5L in my chest, it will be really cheap!

is it possible to see the gear used in the videos?

thank you
Last edited by vick666 on Jul 31, 2014, 5:08:45 AM
It's mostly the same as in the first post:

gear

At least, that's what he's carrying right now, those two new vids I made :)
I am a nice guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info