[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

Oh! Thanks for the info man! You think the carcass will do alot more damage?
Im sure you answered this somewhere, I know why you take the resolute skill point so you dont crit but my question is. With a rise of phoniex and fire purity and stuff do you really still have to worry about a crit? Is a crit still really going to kill you?
Crazy imba damage with this build. I am now level 68, mapping is just stupid. Things die so fast, it doesn't matter the size of the map, how big the pack or the level. Everything dies so fast. I was just doing mountain ledge map, I encounter pack, cast desecrate + flam, detonate, and bam some exile that was in there just poppped. Didn't even saw them, he just died and left me his loot. All I hear him scream lol.

The damage from this build is huge but it take some time. In normal and cruel you will not play with it. Level with searing bond /flame blast. In merciless you will start to do decent somewhere after ledge. Then, with every level, gem level, higher area level, passive point, you gain huge damage. When you pick up at 65 Rime Gaze, things go through the roof and even after that, you still gain lots of damage with every higher area level. I can't even feel difference between level 66 map or 68, just in 68 things die faster. Sometimes when a boss is in a pack, you don't even notice, he just die and you wonder 'mmm was that supposed to be boss?' Haha.

The key to this build for me what makes it awesome is HUGE mana and being FAST. Priority for movement speed on boots, Haste aura, cast speed on jewelery if can, get quality detonate dead gem, use faster casting on desecrate + flamm, coz everything is instant cast. You move fast, you cast fast, most mobs can't even keep up. That shooter tentacle women in lunaris temple, by the time she start aiming at me, I have already placed desecrate + flamm and have time to move where I want. Otherwise I run circles around most mobs, no problem. When go for fast you can just about out maneuver everything. When meet Kole in Lunaris, he seem so slow, it is almost silly. Build like this also means there is no need to go all the way to Iron Reflexes. As a result the build can be much more efficient and effective on passive points.

So it means I will not get MoM either, therefore I use cloak of defiance, that armor is made for this build. Huge mana, mana shield, not much else to say. Haven't used carcass jack but don't think it's good. Not better than cloak. Because: damage is already stupid, and the extra aoe is not needed. Yes I can say this, because when I lost the 30% AOE from rime gaze I didn't notice that much. All I noticed was the HUGE increase of damage. The damage spread around by ele proliferation is that which matters most in terms of aoe. That is the big fish. The minor scalability of the range of the initial explosion is just... not so concerning. It´s nice if you can make it bigger, but certainly not comparable to what you can get from cloak.

I use perandus shield with tempest. This give me 44% chance to block, 40% mana shield, 77 res. I have like 3.2k life and 110 life regen/s. Around 160 mana/s now, so also running appropriate arctic armor. On cast when damage taken I use enduring cry for 12% damage reduction, and some frost wall, which is pretty useful. I don't bother yet with immortal call. With all this going on I feel very tanky for sure. Will change maybe when higher level and maybe need change stuffs for reflect. But I am just a noob and just enjoying this as it goes.

Indeed with all these mechanics at work this is some beautiful fun to play. When you thought corpse explosion build from D2 was pretty fun but always thought it could be more interesting, dynamic, involved... Then that is here in POE. It is a great enjoyment. :)
Last edited by dirkw83 on May 29, 2014, 6:19:12 PM
Anyone got a skill tree for this build to share? Seems like some update has broken the skill tree in the guide.
Ah right, I still need to update this guide.

And I will... someday... :x

I posted a link at the top. Here it is:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBA8YEBwSzBVsGDghnCfYSaRQgFE0UcRW4Fm8XHBg8GYUaOBpsHNwelB8CJDwkqiWtJ6ko-ilPKo0tHzbFNtg26TwFPV9FnUbXSVFMs1BHUlNVxlnzWm1dxmBtY_1tGXF5cql6qnzZf8aCHoKbgseDOIdliBuLjI9GkFWTJ5M6ljKXhZeVl_Sa4Jwtna6f36IAoqOnCKcwp1ynhKw_rKq1BLiTvSfAGsHzyFvPZdDQ2CTbC9xX3fPhc-Nq5CLqGOvu7DjsVe0g73zvhfAf8933Mvjr-ej9Cw==

I've been using this tree for a while now, haven't really done many maps, only a few 73/74s... felt as strong as ever. I've also been working on a HC version, most likely going to be something like this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBA8YEBwSzBVsGDghnCfYSaRQgFE0UcRW4Fm8XHBg8GYUaOBpsHwIkPCSqJa0nLyepKPopTy0fNsU26TwFPV9FnUbXSVFMs1BHUlNVtVXGWfNabV3GXz9gbWP9bRlxeXKpeqp82X_Ggh6Cm4LHgziHZYuMj0aQVZM6ljKXlZf0muCcLZ2uns2f36IAoqOkrKcIpzCnXKeErKq1BLiTvJ-9J8AawQTB88hbz2XQ0Ngk2wvd8-Fz42rjn-Qi6hjr7uw47SDvDu988B_yL_Pd9zL46_no_Qs=

Ah who am I kidding, I kinda quit the game. Planning to get back when the new big update hits. If it can get me hooked to the game again, I will update all my builds once more :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Thanks for the quick reply. Thought that tree is for very high levels. 107 points. Lvl 86-89 depending on bandit reward choices. I doubt i will ever level that high again.

What skills should i discard if i only lvl up to say lvl 80 max (98-101) points.

My plan was to use this build for the upcoming new league as a new fresh charachter with nothing whatsoever. If that even is possible.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 24, 2014, 6:46:26 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcEswVbCGcSaRRNFbgWbxccGDwZhRo4Gmwc3B6UHwIkPCSqJ6ko-ilPKo0tHzbFNtg26TwFPV9FnUbXSVFMs1JTVcZZ81ptXcZgbWMLbRlxeXKpeqp82X_Ggh6Cm4LHgziHZYgbi4yPRpBVkyeTOpYyl4WXlZf0muCcLZ2un9-iAKKjpwinXKeErD-sqrUEuJO9J8AawfPIW89l0NDYJNsL3Ffd8-Fz42rkIuvu7DjsVe0g73zvhfAf89356A==

You will lose a little bit of life and some damage, but if I'd get something last, it would be those points.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Thanks again =)

Is it possible to start in a fresh league with this build?
I plan to. Even if you can't get your hands on any of the uniques, you still have a lot of damage potential to get throughout most of the maps. Even with just a simple 4L, I'm pretty sure you can handle most situations anyways :)
I am a nice guy.
Seems like Doryani's Catalyst sceptre would be a nice endgame weapon.

90-110% elemental damage
6-10% cast speed
1% elemental damage leech

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doryani%27s_Catalyst
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 28, 2014, 10:45:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info