[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

Alright lookin for some tips. Currently at around 62 and don't really have a problem clearing most content although generally it has slowed down some. Do you think I'll be able to hit dominus when I hit 65 with this gear? Another question is what should my immediate upgrade path be, I have the currency for a saffel's frame but it would take almost all my currency to get it. I was thinking of upgrading my chest to something with some more health and hopefully a bunch more armor.

Spoiler

Upgrade path im pondering
Spoiler
Belt > rings > neck > chest

And this spec
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsSaRRNFm8XHBg8GYUaOBpsHNwelB8CJDwkqiepKPopTy0fNsU26TwFRZ1G10lRTLNVxlptXcZgbW0ZcXl6qn5Zf8aCHoKbgseDOIdli4yPRpBVkyea4Jwtna6f36IAoqOnCKdcp4SsP7UEuJO9J8Hzz2XQ0Ngk2t3bC9xX3fPhc-Nq5CLr7uw47SDvfPAf89356A==

Also, which boots would be better?

Spoiler

The more health and boosted res is nice but I'm wondering how much that 15% move speed loss will hurt. I scooped the new boots off a drop a day after buying the 4l pair (isn't that how it always goes haha)

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Last edited by ithinkimgood on Apr 10, 2014, 11:28:02 AM
Hello fellow templars,

As I have built my character I have figured out a strong solution (Ambush):

The tree contains a level 70 build.

For the full build, just add in
Spoiler
buff effect nodes, life&mana nodes, elemental damage nodes, damage over time nodes, increased aoe nodes, mana regen nodes and life nodes

in any order&amount you need depending on more survivability/damage/utility. You'll be able to take most of them with 30 points.

The aura effect nodes in the shadow part of the tree ensures that you can run 2x60% auras, 1x40% aura and clarity (without mana reduction)

AND still get around 500-800 unreserved mana depending on your gear.

My final preferred tree at level 100 is:

This gives me approximately (Mediocre gear = carcass jack + 2 chaos each piece):
266% increased life - (5k life with mediocre gear)
99% fire damage, 52% elemental damage
78% max mana (5k mana with mediocre gear)
Approximately 450 ish mana regen (more than enough to run buffed level 26 arctic armour)
80% burn damage, 36% damage over time
24% buff effect on self, 38% aura effect.
Iron Reflexes, MoM.

I think that mana, mana regen and area increase nodes in scion are absolutely unnecessary. Witch's first 3 nodes are optional and can be swapped out for max life once you get good mana regen gear. I think that shadow area and 21% reserved mana reduction are a MUST and give the option of running 4 auras at once:

Clarity
Grace
Discipline/Purity of Lightning/Determination
Purity of Fire.

Hope this sheds a new light on all :)
"
ithinkimgood wrote:
Alright lookin for some tips. Currently at around 62 and don't really have a problem clearing most content although generally it has slowed down some. Do you think I'll be able to hit dominus when I hit 65 with this gear? Another question is what should my immediate upgrade path be, I have the currency for a saffel's frame but it would take almost all my currency to get it. I was thinking of upgrading my chest to something with some more health and hopefully a bunch more armor.

I'd go for better chest armor first; what you're using now is utter garbage.

"

Also, which boots would be better?

Spoiler

The more health and boosted res is nice but I'm wondering how much that 15% move speed loss will hurt. I scooped the new boots off a drop a day after buying the 4l pair (isn't that how it always goes haha)

First boots unless you need the second pair to get your resists up. Not just for movement speed; but to get a few points of chaos resist.

As for Dominus, ask me in a day or two. I've got a similar, build and am planning to fight him tomorrow or Saturday at lvl 67 (mostly want to get my AA to 13 first).
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Any suggestions as to what kind of armour to get if you don't have the currency to get a Carcass Jack?

Thanks
"
Shnizers wrote:
Any suggestions as to what kind of armour to get if you don't have the currency to get a Carcass Jack?

Thanks

Probably armor/ES or Eva/ES because you need some ES to power EB and run your Arctic Armor.

At lvl 66, I'm running this:
which was a random drop. It's probably the next thing I'll replace when I get a fresh supply of chaos.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
1. So reflect is the worst enemy of this build? Wouldn't going dual totem with the ancestral bond keystone be a good idea to easily bypass this?

Anyone tried that? It would free up the need for saffel and fire aura.

2. I suppose this build is best played solo.

While in a party, the explosion (from detonate dead) ignores the increased life added for each player beyond the first and treats the monster's life as if you were solo.

3. Looks like a solid build in general. Just a shame about multiplayer.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 14, 2014, 3:41:19 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
1. So reflect is the worst enemy of this build? Wouldn't going dual totem with the ancestral bond keystone be a good idea to easily bypass this?

Anyone tried that? It would free up the need for saffel and fire aura.

2. I suppose this build is best played solo.

While in a party, the explosion (from detonate dead) ignores the increased life added for each player beyond the first and treats the monster's life as if you were solo.

3. Looks like a solid build in general. Just a shame about multiplayer.

I wouldn't say it's that much of a problem, Usually it will only kill yourself if you Detonate a corpse in the middle of a pack, or if you crit against 3 - 4+ mobs, so it's not difficult to deal with with some planning, and RT isn't required but if you're going down to arsonist you may as well pick it up.

It's usually best played solo, but you still deal damage in a group, so its not impossible.

I'd say the biggest enemy of this build is physical damage. Charging Bone Rhoas and the Guys from the Gardens that shoot spikes when they do deal very large amounts of damage (To me at least) as we don’t have a lot of armour. We get a decent evade chance but anything that does hit hits hard, so always have at least 1 armour flask and use it regularly around areas with these monsters. The 3* 10% flask nodes around the witch starting area help a lot with this, and I'd definitely recommend getting them.
Hi.

I was looking for an interesting, unique feeling Templar and I'm pretty sure this one fits the bill. It looks like a lot of fun. However, I was wondering what I should do in regards to the "Dealing with the Bandits" quest on Normal, Cruel and Merciless. Perhaps it should seem obvious but I'm not sure what would be the best choices to make. I couldn't seem to find anything in regards to it in the build guide although I've been known to overlook things sometimes (Apologies if this is the case). Anyhow, if anyone could let me know, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by BreakerOfWorlds on Apr 15, 2014, 3:30:41 AM
"
Hi.

I was looking for an interesting, unique feeling Templar and I'm pretty sure this one fits the bill. It looks like a lot of fun. However, I was wondering what I should do in regards to the "Dealing with the Bandits" quest on Normal, Cruel and Merciless. Perhaps it should seem obvious but I'm not sure what would be the best choices to make. I couldn't seem to find anything in regards to it in the build guide although I've been known to overlook things sometimes (Apologies if this is the case). Anyhow, if anyone could let me know, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I went Oak, Passive, Passive, although you could take the exyra endurance charge if yiu wanted
Ah OK. After posting my first message I decided to look up similar builds and see what they suggested. After looking up Bob's DD build I chose to do what it suggested and go for the extra passive all 3 times (meaning I already killed all 3 of them just last night). Hopefully not getting that +40 to life isn't going to haunt me later on. It's pretty expensive to respec that quest in my opinion. At least it's an option though. Thanks Arashaun.
Last edited by BreakerOfWorlds on Apr 15, 2014, 6:04:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info