[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

When will yoy post new skilltree? I hope tomorrow after patch so we can hop into the game and play it right away!;)
DD will never be able to sustain heavy damage, since you don't have any source you keep regenerating life(not a high life pool with high regeneration, no attacks you can keep casting, well...maybe with LL on DD... maybe.). That's why I see defences in a different light.

You don't need to sustain damage, you just need to make sure the enemy can't hit you.

Frost wall, decoy totem, Zombies, it might seem like a 'temporary' solution, but that is all we need as well, just something temporary, until they all are burned to the ground.

Don't underestimate the damage output of Detonate Dead.

I'll try to update the tree before the patch goes live, that is, if GGG releases the tree before the patch hits of course :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
demivion wrote:
I'm very interested in this build, the problem is, how do I make it tanky enough? AA alone doesn't seem like enough IMO.

even in ShroudB's build the only defense I see is pure HP which can easily get demolished by hard hitting enemies

If only there was some way to integrate armor or evasion or enough auras to really boost the defenses.

I think i'm gonna try out using doon if I can make a build with enough STR and maybe utilize armor + determination for defense.

"
DD will never be able to sustain heavy damage, since you don't have any source you keep regenerating life(not a high life pool with high regeneration, no attacks you can keep casting, well...maybe with LL on DD... maybe.). That's why I see defences in a different light.

You don't need to sustain damage, you just need to make sure the enemy can't hit you.

Frost wall, decoy totem, Zombies, it might seem like a 'temporary' solution, but that is all we need as well, just something temporary, until they all are burned to the ground.

Don't underestimate the damage output of Detonate Dead.

I'll try to update the tree before the patch goes live, that is, if GGG releases the tree before the patch hits of course :)

apart from having quite high life due to 5k+hp (at lvl74, and all the rest points from this point on go to life nodes, and there are quite a few in range), i also use LL on my DD, which gives me regen for plenty of seconds.

now with the leech nerf i don't know how it will go, but on the other hand patch notes say that there are increased elemental damage nodes, so maybe i can free up some points to put them in more solid defences.

but as Zijn said, the biggest defence so far has been offscreen melting opponents before being hit.

Desecrate buff is also nice, since it practically means that even unlinked you will alwasy explode monsters +2lvls from the zone. And either active defences like decoy totem or passive like AA/cwdt work nicely.
Last edited by shroudb on Mar 4, 2014, 3:16:34 PM
How big is the desecrate buff for this build
How big the buff is?

Let me put it this way.

Right now, bosses tend to live longest, since I don't always detonate a blue body, but usually detonate my own summoned bodies(talking about the 76+ maps now). Whenever I detonate a blue body spawned by the level, I one shot the boss. If the body is from a white, it's usually enough to at least take away 75% of a boss' health(including burn). It's not uncommon that I one shot a boss with just a white body spawned with the right ilvl.

So yes. This buff is huge when you get to end game mapping.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Hi, awesome build. Will definitely be giving it a try in the new league.

I was hoping to get your input on using some other skills.

First, Fire Trap and or Searing Bond to up the "dot" damage.
This would mostly be good during leveling, but seeing as how you take the fire/burning nodes, fire trap and/or SB should be beastly (especially with searing touch)

Also, what about using Freeze Mine for control instead of frost wall? Throw them around, kite and kill
I prefer Flameblast for leveling, but yes, both fire trap and searing Bond can be nice. Even though it's not necessary. You already have a wide array of skills to cast, adding more skills will only make you more fragile(you will be standing still even longer). So I personally don't recommend on using them, there is already plenty of damage going on there :)

Freeze mine... I personally don't like them, because of the set up time. And since you can't put it on a CwDT(they just don't work with it), I wouldn't prefer freeze mine over Frost wall. If you are in the mood for it, cast is, but like I said above, it will only make you more fragile, you don't want to be too immobile, especially when facing big packs :)

Hmm... Then again, it might work if you plant those mines near you, and let the mobs come toward you. Might gonna mess around with it tomorrow :)
I am a nice guy.
"
Violander wrote:
Hi, awesome build. Will definitely be giving it a try in the new league.

I was hoping to get your input on using some other skills.

First, Fire Trap and or Searing Bond to up the "dot" damage.
This would mostly be good during leveling, but seeing as how you take the fire/burning nodes, fire trap and/or SB should be beastly (especially with searing touch)

Also, what about using Freeze Mine for control instead of frost wall? Throw them around, kite and kill

to chime in, the good thing with searing bond is that it deals respectable damage (8.7k for me atm) that is immune to reflect. i only use it when i'm afraid of oneshotting myself to reflect (double ele reflect, -max fire res+reflect map, etc) it was also good for generating bodies on the fly for me since it usually killed stuff while i was running/warping into position, but now with desecrate buff this use is officially outdated.

flameblast i used till lvl 60-70ish good damage, prone to one shot yourself, boring charge up timer.
Last edited by shroudb on Mar 4, 2014, 5:44:03 PM
I see.

Thank you both. I'll definitely keep Searing Bond around then, at the very least as an anti refelct.
What is this Descecrate Buff you spoke of?

Regarding flameblast - is it really that good for leveling?
so you start with flameblast + searing bond for lvling? and around which lvl u start using dd?

and maybe write some more tips for lvling section, will be helpful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info