[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

This build will be fantastic in new leagues.
I´m curious: Why are you using fire-pen instead of increased burning dmg? Is it a higher increase or did you choose it to make the initial fire dmg stronger too?
I personally recommend leveling with flame blast, but Searing bond is definitely a good option as well.

And I prefer Fire pen over Increased burning damage, since IBD won't do jack against fire resistant mobs. Plus, Fire pen will also ignore a decent amount of resistance on non resistant mobs, dealing also more damage to those :)

I'll try to create a leveling tree once we're a bit into the new league - right now, my incinerate build has priority, since I'll be using that one in the tree, but I will update the final tree before the patch hits :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
the patch was amazing for my DD build, more than 30%+ increased damage+vaal pact (and a bit of +%increased armor but nothing to write home about) for the loss of 10%increased life.

with recent changes to leech totally worth it imo

"
Ryiah wrote:
I´m curious: Why are you using fire-pen instead of increased burning dmg? Is it a higher increase or did you choose it to make the initial fire dmg stronger too?

fire pen is mandatory.

random fire res rare:

after flammability it still has ~50%res

so your initial hit will be 50% and the burn will be further reduced to 25% of what it should be

with fire pen your hit will be for 85% and the burn will be at 43%.

in my build p.e. i already have something like +340% increased damage for burn, getting another +60% will give me (5/4,4=~ 14% more damage)

so 0,25*1,14= 28,5%

so swapping inc burning damage for pen would lead from initial blast = 85% and burn = 43% to initial damage of 50% and burn of 28,5%

even vs non resist whites, fire pen will always win vs inc burning damage
Last edited by shroudb on Mar 5, 2014, 10:33:59 AM
How cheap can a lvl 20% quality detonate dead be purchased for, roughly.
"
BlackYoshi7 wrote:
How cheap can a lvl 20% quality detonate dead be purchased for, roughly.

Plus minus one exalt knowing everyone and their mom is gonna run this build before they nerf it in the next patch.
What makes this build better than bob's CI/vaal pact DD build? I haven't played in almost a year and I'm thinking about trying DD.

I planned to play HC (invasion) too if that matters.
Last edited by antelopesalad on Mar 5, 2014, 11:12:57 AM
Link to CI/Vaal pact build?

Also its probably that CI builds naturally cost more currency to be effective
"
antelopesalad wrote:
What makes this build better than bob's CI/vaal pact DD build? I haven't played in almost a year and I'm thinking about trying DD.

I planned to play HC (invasion) too if that matters.

VP nerfed to the ground. not sure it still able to keep CI build alive with reflect.
personally i was planning to use CI version, but after new patch note, have to switch to life version
"
BlackYoshi7 wrote:
Link to CI/Vaal pact build?

Also its probably that CI builds naturally cost more currency to be effective

The build is listed in the templar forum (bob's nemesis build), I don't want to directly link to another dude's guide in this guy's build page.

CI isn't too expensive to get rolling, but I don't know about the DD build. I've played a few chars into the mid/upper 80s in HC with CI but that was a year ago. The only issue is early on you're stuck having to farm the CI gear before progressing because you'll get wrecked trying to progress with like 1500-2000 ES.

It would be unlikely any CI build finishes A2/A3 merciless first on HC unless they got carried by team mates or the game drastically changed in the last year.
Last edited by antelopesalad on Mar 5, 2014, 11:58:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info